Canyon Switches Currency To ZAR For South African Market

At Canyon, we constantly work on creating better and smoother experiences for our customers. With Canyon bicycles now officially available in South Africa for more than a year, we are very happy to make the transition to ZAR from the current USD purchase platform.

Canyon Bikes Kommetjie.png

Erik Kleinhans, Market Manager South Africa, explains: “On the South African Canyon website, prices will now be displayed at the higher Rand value and not in USD anymore. This will greatly simplify the purchase process from the comfort of your own home with a fixed price that will not fluctuate on a daily basis and illuminating complicated calculations.”

The Rand pricing will provide even more reliability for the South African customers when purchasing online from the world’s leading Direct-2-Consumer bicycle brand’s webshop. It will remove the guesswork with a fixed amount to be paid to Canyon, and then also when it comes to the Import Duties and VAT payment when bikes get cleared by customs. With this update, Canyon takes another remarkable step to grow even more professional in South Africa.

Canyon South Africa ZAR.jpg

10 Comments

lechatnoir, Nov 22 2019 04:19

I saw the pricing and my first thought was that if I decide to sell my Endurace, I'd be screwed and my heart sank. Then I saw that duties were excluded and my heart soared once again.

nonky, Nov 22 2019 06:12

if you're giving a ZAR price anyway, why not give the TOTAL landed price too?

Nick, Nov 22 2019 08:41

if you're giving a ZAR price anyway, why not give the TOTAL landed price too?

Apparently it's coming. This is the first step towards that.

Mohs, Nov 23 2019 10:51

Whats the waiting period from order to delivery?...more or less...

shaper, Nov 23 2019 11:53

I bought a Speedmax in June this year. I ordered on the Monday, was advised by email on Tuesday that it had been shipped. Courier sent me the duties calculation to pay by email on Thursday morning, which i paid immediately. Bike was delivered Friday afternoon. So within a week if customs clearance goes quickly and smoothly

Mohs, Nov 23 2019 12:09

I bought a Speedmax in June this year. I ordered on the Monday, was advised by email on Tuesday that it had been shipped. Courier sent me the duties calculation to pay by email on Thursday morning, which i paid immediately. Bike was delivered Friday afternoon. So within a week if customs clearance goes quickly and smoothly

that is really fast.  Thanks for your reply

Wasbeer, Nov 24 2019 11:00

It depends if the bike you want is in stock. On the website you can see What is available and when the bike that is not in stock will be available again.  

Shebeen, Nov 24 2019 09:50

https://www.canyon.c...al-20/1606.html Wonder if they'll ever sell kids bikes to here. These are hawt

Fitbull, Nov 25 2019 07:45

What were the duties and taxes once landed?

lechatnoir, Nov 25 2019 09:28

What were the duties and taxes once landed?

add around 30% to the randela price for a full bike. 15% for frames and other parts. and add a clearing fee levied by the courier company