Carmen Buchacher found guilty of anti-doping rule violation

Cycling South Africa reports that Carmen Buchacher has been found guilty of an anti-doping rule violation of Article 2.1 and Article 2.2 of the SAIDS Anti-Doping Rules after an out-of-competition test conducted on 3 March 2018 confirmed the presence of ESAs, including Recombinant EPOs and Analogues.

SAIDS has imposed a period of ineligibility of 2 years, commencing on 3 March 2018 until and including 2nd March 2020. Ms Buchacher is therefore suspended and prohibited from competing and administering in the sport of Cycling as well as in any other sport in South Africa and Internationally during this time.

Source: Cycling South Africa.

42 Comments

Pure Savage, Jul 26 2018 09:49

Disappointed to the max.

Ryan, Jul 26 2018 09:51

Oh dear.

Aurora, Jul 26 2018 10:02

Eish... when will they ever learn? By the way, who is she?

Trek man, Jul 26 2018 10:24

What is new in the world of sport!!!!!!

Shebeen, Jul 26 2018 10:27

Rides for Team Dormakaba

whoopise daisy. Came in 6th in the Cape Epic later that month after the test. Must be tough riding this event already knowing that you're going to be getting pinged later.

kingalton, Jul 26 2018 10:27

#facepalm

Slowbee, Jul 26 2018 10:30

whoopise daisy. Came in 6th in the Cape Epic later that month after the test. Must be tough riding this event already knowing that you're going to be getting pinged later.

and after all that extra juice the best you can manage is 6th!

JohanC, Jul 26 2018 10:39

wtf

Anatomic Sportswear, Jul 26 2018 10:45

and after all that extra juice the best you can manage is 6th!

*Assuming the top 5 are clean...

Remember when she burst onto the scene winning joBerg2c mixed the year I rode. Sad how these things so often end up.

Anyway, luckily I'm pretty meh on my opinions on these top guys and what they do, might do, or might have to do to compete...

Pure Savage, Jul 26 2018 10:51

She was popped just 2 days before TOGH where she was fighting for podium. Such a plank, denied another Cape town local lady from podium. Dopers suck. 

Monark, Jul 26 2018 11:30

Isnt she part of the Dorma Kaba team?

DieselnDust, Jul 26 2018 11:45

not surprised at all

Nick, Jul 26 2018 11:47

Isnt she part of the Dorma Kaba team?

Was. They seem to have parted ways a few months ago.

babse, Jul 26 2018 12:34

Feel better about myself now, raced against her in one of the trailseeker events last year 🤐

TheJ, Jul 26 2018 01:42

Feel better about myself now, raced against her in one of the trailseeker events last year

You just got bumped up one position.

Gerhardc, Jul 26 2018 01:42

I'll have to go and Google WTF are ESA's and Analogues???

koukie, Jul 26 2018 02:12

Haha I had to do the same, basically she used EPO.

danger dassie, Jul 26 2018 02:12

*Assuming the top 5 are clean...

Remember when she burst onto the scene winning joBerg2c mixed the year I rode. Sad how these things so often end up.

Anyway, luckily I'm pretty meh on my opinions on these top guys and what they do, might do, or might have to do to compete...

Curious statement for a kit manufacturer to engage with.

To be fair that's not really a binary argument at all on the other 5 teams, also wouldn't exactly say she "burst onto the scene" 
Doping can only enhance pre existing athletic ability, which if one is able to get to an elite level of competition then yes it is a measurable advantage. 

No amount of doping certainly doesn't take an athlete from club level to elite level. Which isn't to say it's rationale either, it deserves absolute penalisation. 

DieselnDust, Jul 26 2018 02:52

Ya EPO and similar sort of Kidney malfunction and anemia treatment meds

Headshot, Jul 26 2018 03:25

Dumb behaviour. Black mark against your name for life.

mon-goose, Jul 26 2018 03:46

sucks for her teammate in the epic. does she loose her 6th place as well?

J∆kk∆ls, Jul 26 2018 04:10

WTF! after all that hard work. Why train your arse off and use these enhancements.  All that time cheating could have been used for training! 

Tankman, Jul 26 2018 05:29

Eish... when will they ever learn? By the way, who is she?

750_3644-2.jpg

Kom, Jul 26 2018 06:07

No amount of doping certainly doesn't take an athlete from club level to elite level. Which isn't to say it's rationale either, it deserves absolute penalisation. 

You've seen icarus right? Doping can absolutely take a club level rider to elite level.

danger dassie, Jul 26 2018 07:52

You've seen icarus right? Doping can absolutely take a club level rider to elite level.

I have and even followed the storyline above and beyond that, makes for sombre reading.
If you note Bryan Vogel's background he was racing Cat 2 as a junior and and at the level of an elite rider even if at an amateur level of racing like Haute Tour. No where near a club rider.
There was also the discussion Grigori and himself had that the drugs can only take him upto a certain point performance wise.