Events

Cycling for Everyone at Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair 2015

· By Press Office · 8 comments

Cycling for Everyone – Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair 2015 Over the weekend of the 23th – 25th October 2015, the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair will be held at St Stithians College, Johannesburg, Gauteng.

The move to this stunning central venue was precipitated by a growth in schools cycling and the deployment of urban cycling initiatives from the City of Joburg.

ccs-62657-0-40010000-1444648660.jpgCredit: ZCMC. Copyright @ 2015 Artlogic. All Rights Reserved

“We anticipate forming a long relationship with the both the school and the city. The venue offers a central location for distributors, retailers and the public, whilst still providing a great outdoor setting, just a stone throw’s away from Africa’s economic hub” Mandla Sibeko, Director of the Fair’s owners, Artlogic.

Into its third year, the Fair comes together under a message of “Cycling for Everyone”; not just for the professional rider, the experienced cyclist or the multi-day stage racer.

The Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair once again provides an environment where the public can come and engage with distributors, retailers and the other stakeholders of the African cycling industry. The success of the Fair over the last two years has led to interest from abroad, and in 2015 we warmly welcome our first non-African exhibitors to the Fair.

“We have also noticed an increase in wellness, travel and recreational exhibitors this year, and this is aligned with our belief that cycling is a holistic and healthy activity, in addition to being a recreational physical pursuit” says Fair Director Rob Heath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sJfCZpeuG0&
Returning to the Fair this year are the unofficial SA Cyclocross Champs, the MTB test ride track, industry experts and cycling celebrities, the Pumptrack, a Kids Zone, and the great contemporary food and drink that is synonymous with Artlogic events. We will also be hosting a schools interprovincial MTB Cross-country race to further support, encourage and develop our future World Champions.

“Standard Bank is proud to be associated with the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair. This is our second year in a three-year partnership with the brand. Cycling is one of the fastest growing sports in South Africa and is therefore core to the relevance of our brand and sponsorship strategy. We look forward to actively interacting with the cycling fraternity” said Nikki Twomey, Executive Head: Marketing and Communication, Standard Bank.

This year tickets can be bought online through Webtickets or with the Standard Bank app, Snapscan. Kindly note limited tickets will be available at the door, so visit www.africacyclefair.com and book online to avoid disappointment. As per previous events, teenagers are at a reduced rate and children 12-and-under enter for free.

Comments

Iwan Kemp

Oct 21, 2015, 5:20 PM

So who will be there this weekend?

EmptyB

Oct 21, 2015, 5:26 PM

I'll be there on Friday.....to vote for the Stage in the Best bike in Africa.

Then I'll walk around and do other less important stuff.

NotSoBigBen

Oct 21, 2015, 5:38 PM

Saturday around lunchtime for me ....

Mike Bike

Oct 21, 2015, 6:00 PM

Fri pm for me

Spokey

Oct 21, 2015, 6:20 PM

Sat morning....or Fri afternoon.

shaper

Oct 21, 2015, 6:24 PM

Will be there Friday pm with Mike Bike

divernick

Oct 22, 2015, 10:08 AM

I'll be exhibiting as Build-a-Bike SA, stand 24.

Feel welcome to come and say hi and drop off any parts that you don't need anymore and couldn't be bothered trying to sell. I'll put them to good use.

www.buildabikesa.com

We'll also be auctioning off a Cotic Simple frame and having a Kitted raffle for a narrow wide chainring, cap and sticker pack

post-19617-0-76658900-1445508492_thumb.png

post-19617-0-35561000-1445508494_thumb.png

Iwan Kemp

Oct 26, 2015, 10:13 AM

Great meeting some of you guys and girls there. Highlights / lowlights? What would you like to see more of?

Add a comment

You must log in to comment