Events

Introducing Bike Hub Plus

· By Bike Hub Features · 259 comments

We’re excited to reveal a new premium membership offering, Bike Hub Plus. Over the last sixteen years, Bike Hub has grown and evolved. From a high-school side project to the largest digital cycling platform in South Africa. We’re humbled. And we’re excited to continue evolving in the pursuit of best serving our community.

ccs-2-0-21404000-1591020478.jpg

So what is it all about? Bike Hub Plus is a paid membership program which gives you access to some exclusive benefits and, at the same time, helps to support what we do at Bike Hub. For just R39 a month or R349 annually you can become a Bike Hub Plus member.

The membership structure means we’re able to realign incentives, ensuring that the community remains at the heart of what we do.

Advertising has been a foundation at Bike Hub from the beginning and is still key to supporting our efforts to serve our community. However, balancing advertising success against user experience remains a conundrum.

As a Bike Hub Plus member, your contribution means we pull the plug on external advertising networks which supplement our revenue but offer less control over your experience and privacy on Bike Hub. So no more of those pesky, sometimes dubious adverts that follow you around the Internet. Yeah, we cringe at those too. And, if you prefer, you have the option to turn off banner adverts altogether.

ccs-2-0-18517300-1591017193.png

As a Bike Hub Plus member, you also get access to further benefits. These include exclusive early access to the brand new Instant Search Alerts feature, a 20% discount on any paid Boosts for your Classified adverts, and, as a small nod of thanks from us, Bike Hub Plus members receive a supporters badge on their user profile.

This is just the beginning. It is new ground for us and we’re excited to go on the next leg of the journey with you. Just as Bike Hub has evolved over the sixteen years, we know Plus will continue to evolve as we extend the value offering to best serve you, our community.

You can find out more about Bike Hub Plus and sign up here.
Tags:

Comments

'Dale

Jun 1, 2020, 3:31 PM

The future is here. 

Kranswurm

Jun 1, 2020, 3:34 PM

There you have it.

Uni

Jun 1, 2020, 3:50 PM

Strava, is that you? ☺

Good luck guys.

Craai

Jun 1, 2020, 3:52 PM

But can you comment on the classifieds? ????

MORNE

Jun 1, 2020, 4:16 PM

u: admin p:admin < (you need to change this still you numpty..)

settings

internet settings

DNS servers - edit

primary DNS - 1.1.1.1

secondary DNS - 1.0.0.1

save

browser extensions

ghostery - install

relaunch browser.

:ph34r:

or get a vpn...

post-64325-0-93992200-1591028383_thumb.png

post-64325-0-40797400-1591028390_thumb.png

fanievb

Jun 1, 2020, 4:28 PM

Can I post post pics via mobile browser as a plus member?

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Jun 1, 2020, 4:45 PM

***Post only visible to BikeHub® Premium Members***

MTB-More

Jun 1, 2020, 4:49 PM

Sounds like a Strava feature

BaGearA

Jun 1, 2020, 4:49 PM

*reply only visible to **Premium members **

Kalahari Vegmot

Jun 1, 2020, 4:53 PM

***Post only visible to BikeHub®™ Premium Members***

Stretch

Jun 1, 2020, 5:01 PM

Has this grappie actually become a reality [emoji38]
OnlyFans

Jun 1, 2020, 5:09 PM

Awesome News

shaper

Jun 1, 2020, 5:12 PM

I suspect gumtree will get a lot busier now with bikes and parts!!

Curious to know who is paying for the 20% discount?  On a R100k bike that going to be significant and can't see a seller offering that. I doubt Bikehub will pay it as that a lot of memberships to recover......

Ryinc

Jun 1, 2020, 5:16 PM

I think its 20% off the paid advert boost not 20% off the cost of the item?

Matt

Jun 1, 2020, 5:18 PM

I suspect gumtree will get a lot busier now with bikes and parts!!

Curious to know who is paying for the 20% discount?  On a R100k bike that going to be significant and can't see a seller offering that. I doubt Bikehub will pay it as that a lot of memberships to recover......

I think you may have misunderstood what Plus is about:

1) There's no change to the standard Bike Hub experience. It's free to use or post ads for private members

2) The 20% discount refers to the optional paid upgrades (Boosts) you can apply to your free ad

Hairy

Jun 1, 2020, 5:24 PM

sounds like a good deal for dealers .

shaper

Jun 1, 2020, 5:24 PM

1) There's no change to the standard Bike Hub experience. It's free to use or post ads for private members

2) The 20% discount refers to the optional paid upgrades (Boosts) you can apply to your free ad

thanks for clarifying

SwissVan

Jun 1, 2020, 5:26 PM

What would the benefit be to expat hubbers who don’t use the classifieds, other than the ad free browsing.... will it really be 100% ad free, I canna believe ?

Matt

Jun 1, 2020, 6:16 PM

sounds like a good deal for dealers .

Bike Hub Plus is only available for private users, not Dealers. The Classifieds benefits will be more appealing to the regular traders, but are not intended for dealers.

In future we may look at separate subscription offerings which cater to dealers, but the focus here is on our users.

What would the benefit be to expat hubbers who don’t use the classifieds, other than the ad free browsing.... will it really be 100% ad free, I canna believe ?

The primary benefit for you, or any forum focussed user, is the ad-free experience. 

There are two levels to this...

By default Plus members will not see any 3rd party advertising which does make up a significant portion of the ads you'll see on Bike Hub, but we have less control over these and they can very often be pretty spammy if we're honest. You'd still see banner ads from our direct clients, i.e. ads for companies we have a direct relationship with, typically for the local bike industry often promoting new products or not-to-be-missed sale. Less relevant to an expat, but these would be relevant and we hope useful to SA based users.

All plus users do have the option within their profile to turn off all advertising which would be 100% banner ad free. 

BigDL

Jun 1, 2020, 6:24 PM

Bike Hub Plus is only available for private users, not Dealers. The Classifieds benefits will be more appealing to the regular traders, but are not intended for dealers.

In future we may look at separate subscription offerings which cater to dealers, but the focus here is on our users.

The primary benefit for you, or any forum focussed user, is the ad-free experience.

There are two levels to this...

By default Plus members will not see any 3rd party advertising which does make up a significant portion of the ads you'll see on Bike Hub, but we have less control over these and they can very often be pretty spammy if we're honest. You'd still see banner ads from our direct clients, i.e. ads for companies we have a direct relationship with, typically for the local bike industry often promoting new products or not-to-be-missed sale. Less relevant to an expat, but these would be relevant and we hope useful to SA based users.

All plus users do have the option within their profile to turn off all advertising which would be 100% banner ad free.

I’m happy to pay it just to support you guys. Hope that it works out

Pure Savage

Jun 1, 2020, 6:29 PM

I could not tell if we were being trolled or not.

In all seriousness though, I will pay R50 a month if I get to comment again on people's dumb adverts. 

Then offer the guy a chance to reply at R10 a reply etc. Cha ching.

Smartie

Jun 1, 2020, 7:13 PM

Subscribed!

Kalahari Vegmot

Jun 1, 2020, 7:16 PM

In all seriousness though, I like the idea of supporting leHub.

We'll say I'm paying for the socks you guys sent me :thumbup:

Ok, I think this might be the real reason I want to sign up........:

post-86802-0-97585200-1591039351.png

Add a comment

You must log in to comment