Events

Rourke Croeser found guilty of two anti-doping rule violations

· By Press Office · 65 comments

Cycling South Africa reports that mountain bike cyclist Rourke Croeser has been found guilty of two anti-doping rule violations.

1. The first anti-doping rule violation was for the presence of Recombinant EPO in an out-of-competition test conducted on 30 August 2015 in Andorra (Europe) before the Cross Country World Championships.
  2. The second anti-doping rule violation was for the presence of Phentermine in an in-competition test conducted on 03 October 2015 at the Isuzu 3 Towers Stage Race in Mpumalanga.

ccs-2-0-80116300-1458818771.jpg

Mr. Croeser requested that his B samples be tested in both cases and both confirmed the original findings. Mr. Croeser did not dispute the findings and charges against him. As a consequence, he was deemed to have waived the right to a hearing and the South African Institute for Drug Free Sport (SAIDS) last week issued a written decision. It found that he was guilty of both anti-doping rule violations. Mr. Croeser’s results extending back to 30 August 2015 will be disqualified, with all of the resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any medals, points and prizes.

SAIDS handed down a written decision in which it sanctioned him to a four-year ban for each of the anti-doping rule violations but they will run concurrently. The World Anti-Doping Code obliges SAIDS to make the sanctions run concurrently because the two doping infractions occurred fairly quickly after each other and before the athlete was notified of the first offence.

The four-year period of ineligibility will run from November 23, 2015 to November 22, 2019.

Mr. Croeser has been given 21 days after notification to appeal the decision.

Cycling South Africa respects the independence of the SAIDS process and will respect the outcome. Cycling SA further reiterates its zero-tolerance approach to doping in sport and will continue working with SAIDS in the promotion of a drug-free sport via its awareness and extensive testing programmes.

Tags: ,

Comments

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Mar 24, 2016, 11:27 AM

goodness. Dropping like flies...

LOOK695

Mar 24, 2016, 11:30 AM

At least, according to above report, he is not trying to spin some fancy made-up story.....

Headshot

Mar 24, 2016, 11:30 AM

*doping like flies.

bssales

Mar 24, 2016, 11:31 AM

This fly dropped twice

Patchelicious

Mar 24, 2016, 11:36 AM

At least, according to above report, he is not trying to spin some fancy made-up story.....

Erm, I am sure he did try. Poking ass sores with needles and topping up Stans with EpiPens was the original (and still best) reasons given by him?

BDF

He did all that when the original report came out. Loooonnnnnggg thread on that one!

Rocket-Boy

Wamalambam, job done.

Think I might need to go check out some instagram feeds...

jcza

Mar 24, 2016, 11:39 AM

Shock, horror doping in cycling. Who would have thunk? 

banna

Stupid boy

JohanC

Idiot! Life ban for this brat will be suitable. 

the nerd

Mar 24, 2016, 11:41 AM

"including forfeiture of any medals, points and prizes."

Does This mean he has to #paybackthemoney ? 

Rocket-Boy

Mar 24, 2016, 11:46 AM

"including forfeiture of any medals, points and prizes."

Does This mean he has to #paybackthemoney ? 

One can only hope... nice profile pic btw :P

Mar 24, 2016, 11:53 AM

Shock, horror doping in cycling. Who would have thunk? 

I thought this only happened in France...on road bikes...by Americans...

EmptyB

Mar 24, 2016, 11:53 AM

Shock horror.....

lerouc

Mar 24, 2016, 12:08 PM

I thought this only happened in France...on road bikes...by Americans...

have you been living under a rock, there is currently more banned local mtb riders than not yet banned local mtb riders...yes i choose the not-yet banned words, and no i dont have any evidence to support this. It just feels like everyone who has tried to make a name for themselves in the past couple of years are currently serving a ban.

gummibear

Mar 24, 2016, 12:08 PM

Name and shame the Dr's and coaches involved.

Hendrik Lemmer ‏@GrootLem  9m

Hendrik Lemmer Retweeted Bicycling SA

Ag nee man Rourke. Disappointed that you also lied to me in my face. Now help the sport, tell us who else dopes

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Mar 24, 2016, 12:14 PM

have you been living under a rock, there is currently more banned local mtb riders than not yet banned local mtb riders...yes i choose the not-yet banned words, and no i dont have any evidence to support this. It just feels like everyone who has tried to make a name for themselves in the past couple of years are currently serving a ban.

Switch on your sarcasm filter, please... 

LOOK695

Mar 24, 2016, 12:23 PM

He did all that when the original report came out. Loooonnnnnggg thread on that one!

Age must be creeping up on me????????
NicoBoshoff

Mar 24, 2016, 12:26 PM

Shock, horror doping in cycling sport. Who would have thunk? 

There, fixed it.

Patchelicious

Mar 24, 2016, 12:29 PM

Roid rage? :P

Sparki 1

Mar 24, 2016, 12:29 PM

what is the limit I wonder! If so many top riders are doping then surely the winners of most big races are doping too. A big time cyclist that also got caught doping for many years said, if you want to win, you need to be faster than your "doped" competitors. Hence to win, you also need to be "doped"

I know of a very good cyclist, however not a professional at all that also dopes. He doesn't even come close to making podium but he loves doping, says it gives him the edge! I mean WTF????

Mar 24, 2016, 12:30 PM

There, fixed it.

WHAT!? not only in cycling?? 

jcza

Mar 24, 2016, 12:31 PM

Name and shame the Dr's and coaches involved.

Hendrik Lemmer ‏@GrootLem  9m

Hendrik Lemmer Retweeted Bicycling SA

Ag nee man Rourke. Disappointed that you also lied to me in my face. Now help the sport, tell us who else dopes

In all honesty what did Hendrik expect him to say? Yes sir, I'm doped up and ready to race. 

Whats the point of him naming others? Without evidence it is useless. Might as well look at results yourself and draw conclusions, which shouldn't be too difficult unless you're not very bright.  

Patchelicious

Mar 24, 2016, 12:32 PM

In all honesty what did Hendrik expect him to say? Yes sir, I'm doped up and ready to race. 

Whats the point of him naming others? Without evidence it is useless. Might as well look at results yourself and draw conclusions, which shouldn't be too difficult unless you're not very bright.  

Thats exactly what the man in your avatar did....

Add a comment

You must log in to comment