Events

Rush Sports appointed exclusive distributor of Santa Cruz Bicycles in Southern Africa

· By Press Office · 32 comments

Rush Sports has been appointed the exclusive distributor of Santa Cruz Bicycles for Southern Africa from 1 January 2017.

ccs-62657-0-19257400-1482395941.jpgFrom left: Tom Larter, Global Sales Director, Mark Anolik, International Sales, Tim Lukko, International Sales Manager and Andre van Aarde, Managing Director Rush Sports at the Santa Cruz headquarters in California this week.

Santa Cruz Bicycles joins a growing list of global A-grade brands working with Rush Sports. Earlier in 2016, Rush Sports became an official distributor of Maxxis tyres in South Africa. Last month, Rush Sports announced that global mountain bike racing legend, Greg Minnaar, had been appointed a director of the company.

ccs-62657-0-36029900-1482395938.jpgThe first shipment of Santa Cruz Bicycles ready to ship to Rush Sports for distribution in South Africa.

The association with Minnaar, who races for the Santa Cruz Syndicate, will see Rush Sports leverage Minnaar’s influence, both in terms of building the brand among consumers and current and potential Santa Cruz retailers.

“Rush Sports is very pleased to be appointed the exclusive distributors of Santa Cruz Bicycles in Southern Africa. Santa Cruz is without a doubt the leading core mountain bike brand in the world, which aligns perfectly with the segment that we know, understand and cater for,” said Andre van Aarde, Managing Director of Rush Sports.

ccs-62657-0-18811100-1482395940.jpgFrom left: South Africans Greg Minnaar, Gary Perkin and Andre van Aarde at the Santa Cruz headquarters in Santa Cruz California this week. The trio will play key roles in the Rush Sports distribution of Santa Cruz Bicycles in South Africa.

“Through a network of 20 Independent Bicycle Dealers, working in conjunction with Rush Sports, we will offer high-end mountain bikers an unmatched service to build custom-configured complete bikes, along with offering the full range of standard frame, bike and soft goods from Santa Cruz”.

“I am thankful to Joe Graney, Tom Larter and the team at Santa Cruz for the trust they have put in the Rush Sports team, along with Brandon Els and Greg Minnaar for having the vision and foresight, not only to make Santa Cruz a reality, but to help support, guide and mentor me to position Rush Sports as a serious contender within the Southern African market. Santa Cruz is a great choice and brand for mountain bikers in South Africa, and Rush Sports is the perfect partner to bring them to market,” added Van Aarde.

ccs-62657-0-54124900-1482395939.jpgInside the Santa Cruz headquarters in California.

“We are incredibly excited to be working with Rush Sports. South Africa is a key market for Santa Cruz and we are very pleased to have found the right partner to support our brand and work with our retailers. From day one, Andre and his team impressed us with their level of energy, connection to the market and the level of service they deliver to retailers and riders. We look forward to a great 2017,” said Tom Larter Global Sales Director for Santa Cruz Bicycles.

To see the full Santa Cruz range available in South Africa, visit www.rushsports.co.za.

Related posts

Comments

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Dec 22, 2016, 8:44 AM

AWESOME!

JXV

Dec 22, 2016, 8:46 AM

So, will the prices now go up or down?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WIPEOUT 1000

Dec 22, 2016, 9:08 AM

My perception is that it would not require much to surpass the existing distributor's offering, be it price, service or availability

carbon29er

Dec 22, 2016, 9:38 AM

You don't honestly think Greg Minnaar was appointed to their board for his vast experience in the cycle distribution business, do you?

Tumbleweed

Dec 22, 2016, 9:47 AM

Will they be getting the skateboards too?  :whistling:

V12man

Dec 22, 2016, 9:52 AM

This can only be a good thing.

Danger Dassie

Dec 22, 2016, 11:01 AM

You don't honestly think Greg Minnaar was appointed to their board for his vast experience in the cycle distribution business, do you?

You'd honestly be surprised at his business acumen and experience, being a known athlete is obviously a major boost as well.

Mohs

Dec 22, 2016, 12:17 PM

Dragon sport?....

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Dec 22, 2016, 12:37 PM

Dragon sport?....

No longer Santa Agents

Stretch

Dec 22, 2016, 12:40 PM

well ...we all knew that was going to happen

wonder if GM cycles will buy them at cost from rush......

BrandonF_

Dec 22, 2016, 1:04 PM

So, will the prices now go up or down?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Down. If it was to be Omnico, however; Up 30% on bikes, and 50% on everything else, incl staff turnaround.
Bizkit031

Dec 22, 2016, 2:14 PM

Dragons were not very good at selling SC,they are pushing Giant hard. So now does Andre keep his Evil Wreckoning or does he change to SC.

_im_from_earth

Jan 4, 2017, 5:04 AM

Dragons were not very good at selling SC,they are pushing Giant hard. So now does Andre keep his Evil Wreckoning or does he change to SC.

As soon as she is washed and looking beautiful she will (unfortunately) be in the classifieds. She will be missed.

I can now say that there is something truly special about 650B... more soon!

Bizkit031

Jan 4, 2017, 5:20 AM

As soon as she is washed and looking beautiful she will (unfortunately) be in the classifieds. She will be missed.

I can now say that there is something truly special about 650B... more soon!

Haha has Santa's 650B changed your mind from only believing in 29ers.
_im_from_earth

Jan 6, 2017, 3:56 PM

Its been a busy week, but yep, she is up and on sale: https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=hubmarket&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=227406&new=1

_im_from_earth

Jan 6, 2017, 4:01 PM

Haha has Santa's 650B changed your mind from only believing in 29ers.

Thats a difficult one... this is my first 650B, and to be fair I'm super unfit and have only had 5 very short rides. I can tell you that it is incredibly surprising. Light, nimble, lively. The riding style, strengths and position are so completely different to a 29", especially something like the Wreckoning that just destroys anything you put in front of it. I think (for me anyway) you get lazy on a 29", its like free speed, as long as you stay off the brakes you don't really have to work the bike, it maintains its speed so well. The 650B on the other hand requires constant rider feedback, which sounds like a negative thing, but the catch is that it rewards you so greatly for it, that provided you have the fitness and strength to be "physical" all the time, I think it can be incredibly quick (and fun). I just need to build some serious strength endurance, and learn how to ride the small wheels.

Maybe 26" for 2018...

Bizkit031

Jan 6, 2017, 5:44 PM

Thats a difficult one... this is my first 650B, and to be fair I'm super unfit and have only had 5 very short rides. I can tell you that it is incredibly surprising. Light, nimble, lively. The riding style, strengths and position are so completely different to a 29", especially something like the Wreckoning that just destroys anything you put in front of it. I think (for me anyway) you get lazy on a 29", its like free speed, as long as you stay off the brakes you don't really have to work the bike, it maintains its speed so well. The 650B on the other hand requires constant rider feedback, which sounds like a negative thing, but the catch is that it rewards you so greatly for it, that provided you have the fitness and strength to be "physical" all the time, I think it can be incredibly quick (and fun). I just need to build some serious strength endurance, and learn how to ride the small wheels.

Maybe 26" for 2018...

Yea fitness always help,I think there is a lot of us in the same boat after the festive season. Yea the 650B is more fun and you can't steam roll everything like the Wreckoning you have to pick your lines. Well done with the Santa Cruz appointment now you need to get fit for the KZN Enduro series.
hayleyearth

Jan 18, 2017, 1:34 AM

Maybe 26" for 2018...

There is a quick answer to your "unfit" problem.......get on a road bike and on the road...

#justsaying

_im_from_earth

Jan 18, 2017, 3:56 AM

There is a quick answer to your "unfit" problem.......get on a road bike and on the road...

#justsaying

Roadbike?!?! Pffffft!! Stigmata is coming ;)

(Deon)

Jan 18, 2017, 6:03 AM

Roadbike?!?! Pffffft!! Stigmata is coming ;)

:drool:

Slowbee

Jan 18, 2017, 6:07 AM

so Mr Earth ...... ummmm any chance on a long term test for a 650b model. To maybe say do the Munga 2017, with possibly Sani2C as the in betweener to make sure everything is solid?

prrrrreeeetttttttttttttttyyyyyy pls !

Slowbee

Jan 18, 2017, 12:36 PM

Ok Mr Earth, your silence drives a hard bargain. You dont like the 650b. So make it a 29er instead. Will that be ok ?

Iwan Kemp

Jan 18, 2017, 12:38 PM

Ok Mr Earth, your silence drives a hard bargain. You dont like the 650b. So make it a 29er instead. Will that be ok ?

Hi Freebee, ag I mean Slowbee, stand in line!  :P

Slowbee

Jan 18, 2017, 2:39 PM

Hi Freebee, ag I mean Slowbee, stand in line!  :P

uuuhum, you already posted your 2017 line up. Some of us still need to test some bikes for our 2017 lineups #feelinghopefull

Add a comment

You must log in to comment