Events

TrailWolf: A new kind of bike shop

· By Press Office · 7 comments

Bikes shops have certainly changed over the years. Gone are the days of visiting grimy, pokey dens rammed with dikwiels and tyre bins, after a drive to an obscure suburb. Ushering in the modern era of bike retail, one such shop has opened where people actually ride bikes – TrailWolf.

ccs-62657-0-23948300-1471373051.jpegPhoto credit: Hendrik Steytler

This is exactly what founders Shaun Oosthuizen and Andre Bezuidenhout had in mind. “We started this business wanting to offer a full service to customers – a cool test track was first and foremost, but also good advice, coaching facilities, a skills clinic, showers and of course the best workshop around,” says Oosthuizen.

ccs-62657-0-56716900-1471373030.jpegPhoto credit: Hendrik Steytler

Situated inside the Wolwespruit MTB & Trail Park, visitors to TrailWolf will see some exciting brands on display – with the likes of Yeti, Pyga and SwiftCarbon gracing the industrial-style 600sqm space. SwiftCarbon South Africa’s general manager Charles Keey says, “This is a really cool place for customers to see and touch the bikes, and for us it works well with our direct to consumer business model – we’re setting up technical and demo centres around the country and with Shaun’s passion and knowledge of the bike industry, TrailWolf is the perfect partner.” Like a shop-in-shop concept, a brand can show off a full range, and when a customer takes the plunge, a brand new bike arrives, set up and ready to go within two days.

ccs-62657-0-41806700-1471373044.jpegPhoto credit: Hendrik Steytler

TrailWolf offers demo rides to those wanting to test the wares on offer. Keey says, “It’s something that’s been sorely lacking in the industry – like with cars, if someone’s spending a small fortune on a bike, it’s good to try it out first to see if it suits their kind of riding.” With Wolwespruit’s network of trails, including some flowing singletrack, climbing, a pump track and even a jump line, there’s plenty of terrain to put a bike through its paces. With road bikes, customers are able to take a model away for a couple of days and try it out on their favourite (Strava) route.

ccs-62657-0-20699000-1471373061.jpegPhoto credit: Hendrik Steytler

Like many success stories, it all began in a garage. Speaking at their Bikes & Brews event last Friday, Oosthuizen reflected, “Five years ago, it started with a bunch of guys servicing bikes – Tool Up Cycles. I joined a couple of years ago, and now we have this incredible, new kind of retail space in a bike’s natural habitat! We’ve used wood and steel, with glass – a nice and open feel for customers to experience the environment. It’s a cool moment for us.”

ccs-62657-0-90535100-1471373070.jpegPhoto credit: Hendrik Steytler

Visit TrailWolf at www.trailwolf.co.za or in real life at 501 Jochemus St, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, Monday to Sunday. 012 942 9509.

https://vimeo.com/177807127

Comments

Zeffer

Aug 17, 2016, 5:37 AM

It really is a lekke place and very accessible. Location also ideal, with a jump and pump and MTB trail.

Eddy Gordo

Aug 17, 2016, 7:47 AM

interesting coffee shop 

the nerd

Aug 17, 2016, 7:53 AM

interesting coffee shop 

I reckon that single group was battling that night, but probably ok the rest of the time... 

Rocket-Boy

Aug 17, 2016, 9:30 AM

Wow that is an awesome shop, I would drool my face right off in there.

DoomedUser

Sep 13, 2016, 1:38 PM

Anyone done a service with them recently? How do they compare to other shops in Pretoria?

Grease_Monkey

Sep 13, 2016, 1:40 PM

Anyone done a service with them recently? How do they compare to other shops in Pretoria?

Won't take my bike anywhere but Trailwolf and Tool-up cycles in pta. Quality people, great service and expertise!

IH8MUD

Sep 13, 2016, 2:10 PM

I did not even see any Swift, Pyga or Yeti in the pics . . .

The Cotic frames is all it need to be a very cool shop. 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment