Events

Two Wheels Trading appointed new Cervélo distributor for Southern Africa

· By Press Office · 5 comments

Two Wheels Trading, a fast-growing South African-based bicycle industry distributor, has been named the official agent for Cervélo bicycles in the Southern African territory.

ccs-62657-0-96347500-1432802317.jpg

Eritrean champion, Merhawi Kudus, pictured here on a Cervélo P5, has been one of the revelations of African cycling through the support of the MTN-Qhubeka team and is likely to be one of the African riders on the squad at the 2015 Tour de France. // Photo credit: Stiehl Photography.

Cervélo uses advanced engineering to create some of the world’s lightest and most aerodynamic high performance bicycles for road cycling, track cycling and triathlon.

Cervélo has recently been given a boost by the Cervélo sponsorship of the South African-based MTN-Qhubeka powered by Samsung Pro Continental road cycling team, which will make its Tour de France debut in July.

“South Africa is a growing performance bicycle market. With Frederik van Lierde winning Ironman South Africa this year on a Cervélo and our partnership with the MTN Qhubeka pro-cycling team, with its first Tour de France participation this year, we believe Cervélo can become a much more prominent brand in the country,” said Robert Reijers, Managing Director, Cervélo.

“South Africa and Cervélo have a long relationship and are now strongly connected through the Cervélo Tour de France team of MTN-Qhubeka. To strengthen our position even more, we are taking the next steps together with Two Wheels Trading to make South African cycling more aerodynamic,” said Ilan Nir, Head of Sales Distributor/South Africa.

ccs-62657-0-55536000-1432802322.jpgSouth African champion, Louis Meintjes, considered one of professional road cycling’s brightest prospects, has achieved impressive results during 2015 for MTN-Qhubeka on Cervélo bicycles. // Photo credit: Stiehl Photography.

“With Two Wheels Trading we will work together on growing our brand, expand distribution and improve customer service to build our brand and stimulate riding in South Africa,” added Nir.

The Cervélo brand is one which enjoys a high level of prestige with numerous victories in the world’s most significant cycling and triathlon events. It occupies an important space in the discerning performance segment of the endurance sport market and the close partnership with the MTN-Qhubeka team has enhanced that further in 2015.

“Cervélo has always been synonymous with the highest levels of racing performance and their technology has helped our team be successful in the races we have done this year. We look forward to taking the S5 and P5 models, as they suit our style of aggressive racing, through the 2015 Tour de France as we become Africa’s first ever registered team in this gruelling event,” said Douglas Ryder, Team Principal of MTN-Qhubeka.

Two Wheels Trading is an established distributor and brand custodian within the Southern African region for a number of brands including Momsen, Stan’s No Tubes, Lezyne, Muna and Profile Design.

“This is an exciting time for the Cervélo brand in Africa with the amazing story of the MTN-Qhubeka team making a strong statement already this year ahead of the Tour de France, where there’s likely to be significant global media interest in the team,” said Victor Momsen of Two Wheels Trading.

“Through our experience and industry credibility, Two Wheels Trading plans to re-establish the Cervélo brand as the leader in the discerning road bike and triathlon segments. We will appoint a strong, focused dealer network that will effectively communicate the Cervélo brand values and product technology to the South African market,” added Momsen.

Two Wheels Trading invites dealers that are interested in stocking and selling the Cervélo brand to contact them on the email address: cervelo@twowheelstrading.co.za. Pricing and stock availability will be available on request.

For more information on Two Wheels Trading, visit www.twowheelstrading.co.za. For more information on Cervélo, visit www.cervelo.com. For more information on the MTN-Qhubeka team, visit www.teammtnqhubeka.com.

Comments

Iwan Kemp

May 28, 2015, 3:40 PM

As Ibis was my first mtb love, so was Cervelo my road. 

(Deon)

May 28, 2015, 6:30 PM

As Ibis was my first mtb love, so was Cervelo my road. 

Like sand through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives?

:ph34r:

Iwan Kemp

May 29, 2015, 6:05 AM

Like sand through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives?

:ph34r:

I was staring out the window with rain running down it as Michael Bolton's Love is a Wonderful Thing played in the background. Can you see it?

Selous Scout (aka LegTrap)

May 29, 2015, 6:43 AM

This is good news

(Deon)

May 29, 2015, 8:27 AM

I was staring out the window with rain running down it as Michael Bolton's Love is a Wonderful Thing played in the background. Can you see it?

I'm gonna throw up. 

:lol:

Add a comment

You must log in to comment