Events

Limberg determined ahead of African Continental BMX Champs

· By Press Office · 1 comment

The 2016 African Continental BMX Championships is taking place at Giba Gorge Park in KwaZulu-Natal on Sunday 2 October. This forms part of an action-packed BMX weekend, which sees the last two rounds of the South African National Age Group Series as well as the 2016 National BMX Championships taking place on Saturday 1 October. Elite Men’s rider, Alex Limberg will be taking part in every event of the weekend, and looks forward to hard-hitting BMX action.

ccs-2-0-70314300-1474632602.jpgTeam Faith Rockstar rider, Alex Limberg looks forward to the action that is African Continental BMX Championships, taking place at Giba Gorge Park on Sunday 2 October. Photo: Cycling SA

“I’m looking forward to African Continental Champs as I’ve been putting in lots of work,” said Limberg. “After my performance last year I’m hoping to improve, and maybe win,” he added.

Limberg’s goals set this year include improving his mind-set when riding internationally and at home. He also hopes to become South African National BMX Champion, and hit a double whammy when he takes on the last two rounds of the National Age Group Series as well.

The Team Faith Rockstar rider won his first National event last year when he took first prize in the Elite Men’s category at rounds four, five and six of the National Age Group Series at Alexandra Park in July.

The African Continental Championships have so far seen confirmed entries from Zimbabwe and Namibia.

Cycling South Africa’s BMX Commission Director, Margot Gerber said: “All of the preparations are going well, and everything is coming along nicely – we are just hoping for good weather.”

KwaZulu-Natal has been greeted with some much-needed rain over the past few weekends, and race organisers hope that it plays fair for competition time.

Giba Gorge is a favourite among many South African BMX enthusiasts, and the only track in Africa with a BMX Supercross track and 8m start gate. The venue hosted both the African Continental and South African National BMX Championships in 2014.

To enter the last two rounds (7&8) of the BMX National Age Group Series, click here.

To enter the 2016 South African National BMX Championships, click here.

To enter the African Continental BMX Championships, click here.

Tags:

Comments

milky4130

Sep 23, 2016, 3:06 PM

Finally after a long time there will be a challenge for the number 1 spot. Look forward to seeing the outcome. #newblood #youngblood #upandcoming

Add a comment

You must log in to comment