Events

Luke Moir signs with Trek Bikes and Bontrager

Supplied by OneMovement Sports Management. Photos by DN Productions

· By Press Office · 0 comments

In what has been a very difficult year for everyone, Luke Moir has managed to maintain his focus putting in the time both on the tedious indoor trainer and then back on the mountain when lockdown restrictions slowly eased. This dedication shone through when Luke achieved yet another Top 10 result at the XCO World Championships in less than ideal conditions followed by a dominant performance in securing his eighth national mountain biking title at the SA XCO Championships held in Stellenbosch.

ccs-62657-0-31446400-1608024820.jpeg

In achieving the accolades he has thus far, Luke has had a great network backing him from family, friends, coaches and sponsors. Time has come for Luke to make a move in his career but not without first thanking those who assisted to shape him into the athlete he is today. A huge thank you needs to be given to Silverback Bikes, South Industries Custom Carbon Rims and Leatt Protectives for all the support and fantastic product they supplied in order to assist Luke to getting to where he is today in his career.

OneMovement Sports Management are pleased to announce a new partnership for Luke Moir with Trek Bikes and Bontrager. Luke has signed a two year deal which will see him attacking the climbs and bombing the downhills at XCO events, track dependant on either the Supercaliber or Top Fuel as well as chasing the clock at Enduro races on the Slash.

ccs-62657-0-46461400-1608024826.jpeg

The 17 year old who is going into Matric at SACS next year can often be seen laying down watts as he blasts up the climbs in Tokai during intervals before stylishly and effortlessly descending the downhill lines on his 100mm XCO bike.

I’m excited for this next step in my career and to be riding Trek Bikes, with their support I believe I will be able to elevate my game to the next level through the under 23 category. With the limited time I have spent on the Supercaliber I really love the climbing ability carrying all the stiffness of a hardtail, really looking forward to getting racing on it.
Luke Moir
We are excited to have Luke riding Trek Bikes and apart of the team as his professionalism and manner in which he conducts himself is what we looking for in an athlete, he also carries a great skillset and knows how to have fun on the bike which is Trek’s motto: Ride Bikes, Have Fun, Feel Good. We are looking forward to what the future has install for this partnership.
Kevin Van Den Broek, Trek Bikes Marketing Manager

Along side Trek Bikes and Bontrager, Luke continues his partnership with Red Bull and Thule. There is still so much uncertainty with regards to the pandemic and racing in the future but one thing remains constant – Luke’s focus and dedication to reach the pinnacle of the sport.

ccs-62657-0-52263400-1608024835.jpeg

Related posts

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment