Events

British Champion and Olympian Annie Last has signed for Novus OMX Pro Team

· By Press Office · 1 comment

We are absolutely thrilled to announce that British Champion and Olympian, Annie Last, will join Novus OMX Pro Team in 2016.

ccs-62657-0-22875800-1452077210.jpg

To have a truly World-class British Champion on this British team is a dream come true. The team’s growth, especially over the last year, has put us in a position where we can sponsor and support a rider of Annie’s quality and provide an environment in which such a rider can thrive.

Annie is a four time British Elite Champion, two time U23 World Championship Silver Medallist, U23 World Cup Winner, London Olympian (eighth place), and Elite World Cup podium finisher. All of this, and still just 25 years old! Annie is, however, much more than just her impressive palmares. She is a friendly face and a wonderful ambassador for the sport as a whole and the many organisations that she works with; she is an excellent role-model with a vast experience and yet she remains passionate and humble; she is a consummate professional both on and off the bike and will no doubt bring both results and lots of laughs to the team.

Annie has had a tough few years with a serious back injury and the subsequent struggle to regain fitness and form. Looking to the future, Annie wanted a stable team environment that she would feel at home in, and the best equipment to race with, to aid her journey back to the top. Here at OMX we know that we can provide both of these key elements for Annie, and it is a great honour that Annie has this confidence in us.

ccs-62657-0-56284500-1452077210.jpg

“I am really excited to be part of the Novus OMX Pro Team in 2016. The team is made up of people who are passionate, who will support me to achieve my goals, and who will also have a great time doing it.

I chose OMX Pro Team because I wanted to be part of a good team environment with people who are passionate about bike racing. Having good support from the team allows me to get on with training and racing my bikes as I know I have good people in the background helping me out and looking after me and making sure I have everything I need. Good equipment to race and train on is really important, I want to get back to the front of races and compete with the best in the world, so having bikes and equipment that is some of the best in the world is key.

ccs-62657-0-78487300-1452077210.jpg

With OMX I have a great training and race programme which will allow me to perform to the best of my ability and hopefully go fast! It is Olympic year, so it is really important to have everything in place to help me score qualification for Rio.”

Signing Annie Last signifies another big step forward for Novus OMX Pro Team. Not only do we have Britain’s current top cross-country rider, we now have genuine World Cup winning potential. This is the talent that Annie has, and we are very excited that our respective journeys to World Number One will now be together.

Annie and the rest of the Novus OMX Pro Team will be riding Silverback’s SBC range of premium race machines, the Concept 1.0, Concept 2.0 and Concept R1.0.

Comments

Edition 507

Jan 8, 2016, 10:55 AM

I hope Last is first and first is Last.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment