Events

Bryceland, Peat and Brosnan ahead of the 2014 World Championships

· By Nick · 1 comment

For 2014, the UCI MTB World Championships have landed in Norway on what is set to be and incredible weekend of racing. The pits are alive with chatter of who can take the Rainbow Stripes for 2014 and from watching the timed training runs, it appears to be anyone’s race to win.

WCh_Hafjell_Sam Hill Gap.jpg

Sam Hill jumping the gap.

Josh Bryceland:

‘Norway is great – track here is on par with some of the better tracks of the world cup season, its nice to end at a decent track like this with a lot of line choice and technical sections.’

WCh_Hafjell_Seeding-Josh Bryceland.jpg

Josh eyeing the line in the rock gardens during his seeding run.

‘There are a few similarities to previous World Champ tracks, lots of berms and jumps – you know, they are all start at the top and finish at the bottom (laughs) – the track here is good, its technical and dry as a bone which we haven’t had at Hafjell before – there is a lot of hype around this one race as its World Champs but the level will be just as high as it has been all season – its going to come down to line choice in the rocks, but more just riding the line you pick well. If I put together a **** hot run I should be OK! But its not going to be an easy track to do that on!!!’

Troy Brosnan:

WCh_Hafjell_Seeding-Troy Bronan.jpg

Troy assuming the attack position.

‘Im feeling really good coming of the world cup season I just had, getting a win in the world cup feels awesome and builds you with a lot of confidence – I want to win for sure you know, just like everyone else but to get those Rainbow stripes means a lot. Im feeling good and feeling confidence – practice has been going well. Timed training was good today, Im not going to lie, I went for it a bit, imitating what would be a qualifying run at usual world cup – I went out there and had a good smooth run which ended up putting me in 5th, it’s around 2 seconds back but I know I can make up that time, its going to be good finals and interesting to see what everyone does – its gonna take some balls to win tomorrow!!!’

WCh_Hafjell_Timed-Troy Bronan.jpg

Steve Peat:

‘Its good to be back here in Hafjell – the track here is always awesome, there are quite a few people coming out here to watch so its a good crowd and Yeh, its World Championships, its mint!’

WCh_Hafjell_Seeding-Steve Peat.jpg

‘I have always enjoyed the track here, there are a lot of good aspects and big jumps, I had a good result here last year and hoping for good things this year – on a track like this you just have to be pinned from top to bottom there is now holding back – its going to be won on fractions of a second, its full bore all the way.’

WCh_Hafjell_Timed-Josh Brycland:Steve Peat train.jpg

Josh and Steve flying high for Britain.

The World Championships comes down to one run and the title will be hotly contended tomorrow at 2pm on SuperSport and Red Bull TV.

Josh Bryceland comes in to Norway as the overall UCI World Cup Champion 2014 looking to take the World Championship title here this weekend. Sam Hill is the only rider to match Josh with 2 World Cup wins this season and is a favourite for the 2014 rainbow jersey. Troy Brosnan has had his best season to date and proved to the world that he has what it takes to win. Steve Peat is competing in his 22nd World Championships and is not to be counted out having taken the fastest speed through the speed trap.

All will be decided on the hill tomorrow!

Men’s timed session results here.

Women’s timed session results here.

WCh_Hafjell_Seeding-Sam Hill.jpg

Sam Hill.

WCh_Hafjell_Timed-2710.jpg

WCh_Hafjell_Timed-Sam Hill  run.jpg

Sam Hill.

Comments

Pieterg

Sep 7, 2014, 6:50 AM

Hope Mr Minnaar will win

Add a comment