Events

Nino Schurter extends contract until 2020

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Nino Schurter of SCOTT-Odlo MTB Racing has extended his contract ahead of schedule for another four years until 2020. The 29 year old MTB Cross-Country World Champion, together with Team Manager Thomas Frischknecht, have committed to racing under the SCOTT umbrella and to leading a strong team of young riders to the top. With this long-term commitment, Nino removes any doubt about racing on the road after Rio 2016.

ccs-62657-0-72417100-1449824408.jpg

The World Champion will ride in the UCI Rainbow Jersey in 2016 once again- his fourth season as an Elite XC World Champion. In addition to that, Nino Schurter owns 17 World Cup wins, 4 World Cup Champion and 4 Swiss National titles to date. Nino won the Bronze medal in Beijing in 2008 and the Silver medal in London in 2012. After his most successful season ever (read more below), he aims for Gold in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.

For the past 14 years I have been riding SCOTT. I’m very happy and proud to announce that I’ll be riding for the next 5 years for the SCOTT family once more and will focus entirely on XC until the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020.
Nino Schurter

ccs-62657-0-57480300-1449824409.jpg

With regards to his commitment and future plans, Nino Schurter says, “For the past 14 years I have been riding SCOTT. I’ve had amazing success over this time and can’t imagine a better partner or team to keep reaching my goals in the years to come. After my short stint on the road in 2014, I realized that the MTB discipline is where I truly belong. I’m very happy and proud to announce that I’ll be riding for the next 5 years for the SCOTT family once more and will focus entirely on XC until the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020. For now, all of my energy is going towards the upcoming Olympic year.”

ccs-62657-0-26410300-1449824411.jpeg

Reto Aeschbacher, Brand Manager of SCOTT Sports adds, “Nino Schurter is the face of SCOTT MTB and we are delighted to extend our partnership with both Nino and Thomas Frischknecht. Our race team looks back on an extremely successful history including several World Champion titles and Olympic medals, and we are sure to add more in the future. Mountain bike racing and Cross-Country racing in particular are closely linked with the SCOTT brand. The team has continuously worked on building that image and has supported the development of new products which we are very proud of.”

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment