Long-term Dirtopia partner Giant Bicycles will support the event and prizes to be rewarded to top riders in each category. Outdoor Warehouse will give all confirmed entrants discount before the event, so that you can upgrade your camping gear.
To answer a few questions for 24Hour newcomers:
- Solos can bring an extra support crew and teams allowed two people per team. Under 10 kids camp free. No riding on the course allowed for non-entrants and day visitors will also pay a small fee to come watch the action.
- You can braai on a raised drum at your campsite, but there is a of course a fire danger here. If you work with gas, you’ll need an extinguisher handy.
- There will be some route changes, but the 11km course is a fun one, and you’ll be able to overtake slower riders. The course gets a totally different feel at night and will keep you entertained around the clock!
- Do order the unique event T-shirt online with your entry, as they are limited.
- Full rule set available on the event website, but the relay allows you to rest, eat, sleep and socialize between laps.
There will be food & drinks for sale and the ever-needed coffee stand. The venue is still a favourite with great facilities and beautiful scenery on the route and at the campsite and start/finish area.
Format: Ride as many 11km laps as you want or can over 24hours. The trail will keep participants busy with singletrack and jeeptrack sections. A few positive tweaks in the course of 2018, for those who have been riding it a few times.
Categories for the MTB Relay:
- Solo - One person that rides as much as he/she wants during the 24 hour period.
- Open (single sex) - team of 4 riders.
- Mixed – team of 4 riders (A mix of male and female riders). There must be at least one person from the opposite sex to qualify as a mixed team.
- Juniors – team of 5 riders. All under 18.
- OneFourZero - team of 4 riders. Collective age 140 years +.
- Fun category - teams of 5-8 riders.
- FUN-E class (5-8 riders M/F)
- E-Solo: Solo Men or Woman
- PRO-E teams: Open Fours teams M/F
Format: Ride as many 10km laps as you want or can over 24hours. The trail will keep participants busy with singletrack and jeeptrack sections. The course conditions even changes over night…
For any queries mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see you there!