This year, the much loved 3-day mountain bike stage race takes place between the 12th and the 16th of May, making February a good time to step up your your training and start focusing on the goal.
At Glencairn farm, where sani2c starts, you can share in their love of bikes and the beauty of the surrounding area, and get psyched for the best three days you can spend on a bike.
Farmer Glen is excited to host this group of riders: “I’m looking forward to being on my bike with some sani2c riders, casually riding sections of our route - it was these casual type of rides with friends that inspired us to start sani2c.
“The weekend will be a great time for first-timers to settle their nerves about what is in store, see the floating bridge from day 1, and if they have not already started, kickstart their training. We will have a relaxed weekend that a regular rider will also enjoy and we will answer questions that will help them be a whole lot more prepared.”
What this weekend will include:
- A ride to the PG Bison Floating Bridge which will include some switchback riding along the way
- Skills training
- Ride up the iconic Sani Pass (which does not form part of the race itself)
- Evening discussion with Farmer Glen and other special guests
- Yoga, Core and Mobility Classes with Bianca Haw, youngest daughter of Farmer Glen
- All meals (6 meals in total) and a sneaky snack table
- Cash Bar will be available
Farmer Glen says of the inclusion of a ride up the Sani Pass: “The Sani Pass is an iconic part of our country, and I am always amazed at how few South Africans have actually gone up the Pass, so we are including it as part of the weekend.”
E-bikers are welcome, as they are to enter the sani2c.
Sign up for the training camp here.