Events

Hill hunts fourth Sharks Trail Adventure title

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Three time STIHL Sharks Trail Adventure champion Andrew Hill is not only looking forward to extending his unbeaten run when he returns to the Summerveld Estate in Shongweni on Sunday, 6 December to defend his crown and is also eagerly anticipating another festive day out with friends and family.

ccs-62657-0-45690200-1447338072.jpgTIB Insurance’s Andrew Hill is looking forward to the opportunity to extend his record of victories at the STIHL Sharks Trail Adventure to four when this year’s event takes place at Summerveld Estate, Shongweni on Sunday, 6 December. Anthony Grote/ Gameplan Media.

The TIB Insurance rider won the first ever edition of the popular upper Highway event back in 2012 and has been relentless in his top step of the podium endeavours ever since.

“I’m definitely looking forward to being back again at this year’s Sharks Trail Adventure,” confirmed Hill.

“It is always such a fun event with a great atmosphere and I’m sure it will be more of the same again this year!

“If the opportunity arises again this year then it would be great to win a fourth title and continue my winning run at the event,” he added.

While a unique record for Hill beckons, the day is far more than just a race for the Hillcrest resident.

“Having been part of the race since its inception, it has been great to see just how it has grown and developed over the years.

“It is a great way to end my year as it is a day where there is very little pressure on anyone which always helps heighten the enjoyment factor significantly for me too.

“The race is a local race where I get to ride on my local trails and so it definitely is quite a special event for me!”

Like many of the day’s regular entrants, Hill is looking forward to using the event to help him ease into the end of year holidays and slip into the festive spirit.

Anyone hoping to topple Hill’s will be well advised to take note of his recent great run of form.

“It is always nice to win races and I’ve been fortunate enough to get three wins in a row recently,” said Hill after his latest victory at the Maqhwe Mfula in the nearby Valley of a Thousand Hills.

“They have been at some of the smaller races but a win is a win I guess and hopefully I can keep that going at the Sharks Trail Adventure!” he added ominously.

The STIHL Sharks Trail Adventure takes place at Summerveld Estate, Shongweni on Sunday, 6 December. Entries can be submitted via www.roag.co.za and more information can be found at www.sharkstrailadventure.co.za.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment