Events

Hill teaming up with White for fourth dusi2c title assault

· By Press Office · 1 comment

Three time champion Andrew Hill has confirmed that he will be back to challenge for a fourth title when the 2016 BSi Steel dusi2c sets off from Pietermaritzburg over the 11-12 June weekend and he has struck a deal with his now regular partner Tyronne White for the annual traverse from Camps Drift to Blue Lagoon.

Hill, who has won every edition of the dusi2c, understands and appreciates the unique elements that come with the dusi2c, and why it is so different from other races and feels that this unique element draws a particular type of rider.

ccs-62657-0-35018900-1463724783.jpgThe Team TIB pair of Andrew Hill (back) and Tyronne White (front) have been in good form recently and will want to continue that when they take off from Camps Drift in Pietermaritzburg for the two-day BSi Steel dusi2c from 11-12 June. Kevin Sawyer/ Gameplan Media

“The dusi2c has got such a great vibe,” The Team TIB rider said. “It is so different from other competitive races and spending the Saturday afternoon sipping on a beer in the Valley is just one element that sets it apart from other races.

“The people that take part in the event are the more hardcore mountain bikers – they have a very different take on mountain biking compared to riders in other, bigger, races.

“It’s great being able to meet more people as the relaxed environment lends itself to that.”

The two-day adventure from Pietermaritzburg to Durban is a race that Hill has dominated since its inception in 2013 and along with the laid back approach to mountain biking that the race takes he understands who the race caters for.

“The race has its own little niche within mountain biking which is what makes it special, there isn’t another race like it.

“The trails are rough as we take on cattle paths and walkways as opposed to well-crafted and manicured trails – it’s really a race for the hardy mountain biker. Its true mountain biking and that is something that I really enjoy about the event,” Hill added.

The Hillcrest local understands the challenges that are going to come from Martin Dreyer’s RMB Change a Life Academy riders who will be looking to take his crown however it won’t be easy for them as Hill is currently in good form following his and White’s sixth place finish at the recent KAP sani2c.

“I know the Valley well and ride there often but the dusi2c takes you through little valley’s that you don’t usually see which is exciting for me and I am looking forward to taking on the race with Tyronne, who has been riding well lately.

“The Valley of a Thousand Hills is a special place for me so I am really proud when we are able to show it off like this to others and give them a taste of what we, luckily, experience in a regular basis,” commented Hill.

Winning the overall title is the goal for Hill and White but taking in everything that the race has to offer is important in order experience and understand the entire BSi Steel dusi2c atmosphere.

“The environment is so different to other races and the love of riding is definitely at the core of the race which adds to the appeal as well as adding to the overall attitude towards the race from the riders.

“Appreciating the fact that the trails are not as well manicured as other races around the country means that you need to have an open mind when you take on the dusi2c route, this is what makes the race special,” Hill stressed.

For more information visit www.dusi2c.co.za.

Comments

Leftycancycle

May 20, 2016, 6:31 AM

Good luck guy's.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment