Events

Kleinhans, Stenerhag set to take on the Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge

· By Press Office · 7 comments

Taking place on Saturday, 23 and Sunday, 24 April 2016, the 5th annual Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge has attracted the attention of professional mountain bikers Erik Kleinhans (South Africa) and Jennie Stenerhag (Sweden).

“Each time that I’ve taken part in the Cell Arabella MTB Challenge, I’ve loved the experience,” says Kleinhans. “With most stage races featuring a team format, it is nice that the Arabella MTB Challenge is an individual event. My goal will be to enjoy the social aspect of mountain biking, but I am also looking forward to stretching the legs a bit on the hills and trails. All the participants like to have a beer in the evening. It’s a great way to connect with fellow mountain bikers. I also hope to have some time for a round of golf.”

ccs-62657-0-63799200-1459238235.jpgProfessional mountain biker Erik Kleinhans will be seen in action at the 5th annual Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge on Saturday, 23 and Sunday, 24 April 2016. Photo Credit: Craig Kolesky

Competition will be strong in the men’s race with the likes of Adriaan Louw, Jurgens Uys, James Reid, Stephan Senekal, Craig Boyes, Dylan Rabello and Sipho Madolo vying for the top spot on the podium.

According to Stenerhag, entering the Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge was an easy decision. “Stillwater Sports is known to host great mountain bike races. With this being one of their new races I did not want to miss out. There are many multi-day events in South Africa, but not many that only feature two days. I think this makes the Arabella MTB Challenge ideal for mountain bikers that struggle to take time off from work. It is also nice not having to be away from home for too long. My goal will be to have fun. I am also looking forward to the Stillwater hospitality, which is always top notch.”

The 2016 Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge promises an exciting line-up of events that includes two, Two-Day Mountain Bike Stage Races (+- 50km and +- 15km per stage) in the heart of Kleinmond.

Event Information: Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge

Venue: Arabella Hotel & Spa (Kleinmond)

Date: Saturday, 23 April 2016
Event: Stage 1: +-50km MTB Stage Race
Event: Stage 1: +- 15km MTB Stage Race

Date: Sunday, 24 April 2016
Event: Stage 2: +-50km MTB Stage Race
Event: Stage 2: +- 15km MTB Stage Race

EXCITING GIVEAWAY: One lucky mountain biker will go home with a spectacular KTM Ultra Sport 29er.

“The Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge offers a quality experience for participants,” says Hans de Ridder, General Manager of KTM Bicycles South Africa. “At KTM Bicycles we offer quality products to make the experience on the bike great for the riders. It’s all about quality for both the brands. At the 2016 event we will give-away a KTM Ultra Sport 29er. This is the perfect bike to start mountain biking on, a quality product with the perfect specifications for a smooth ride.”

Trail runners are invited to join in on the action by taking part in either the 15km or 6km Cell C Arabella Trail Run Challenge on Sunday, 24 April 2016.

Follow us on Twitter: @Arabella_MTB / @CellC / @Stillwater_MTB

Accommodation packages will be available at http://www.africanpridehotels.com

For more information on the Cell C Arabella MTB Challenge visit http://www.stillwatersports.com/event/cell-c-arabella-mtb-challenge/ contact Stillwater Sports on 082 991 0045 or email entries@stillwatersports.com.

Comments

Gerhardc

Mar 29, 2016, 9:53 AM

Hope Jennie has recovered 100%! Good luck to both! 

Mats

Mar 29, 2016, 9:56 AM

What an impressively quick recovery from a heart condition  :ph34r: . 

NelAndre

Mar 29, 2016, 10:16 AM

I was also wondering about the recovery......

Guest notmyname

Mar 29, 2016, 10:23 AM

Not dodge at all.

Meezo

Mar 29, 2016, 10:23 AM

What an impressively quick recovery from a heart condition :ph34r: .

From what i remember the commentators at the epic said it's a known condition.

The day she pulled out was because of the heat and dehydration, my guess is just like all the other pro's had she not had the condition she would've rode the next day.

Dr's said extra precautions for her

Meezo

Mar 29, 2016, 10:24 AM

In other words she had it before she abandoned the epic

Jaco-fiets

Mar 29, 2016, 11:55 AM

or Robyn just broke her?

She rode really strong for somebody with an illness or injury up until the last day. I think the heat and intensity just got the better of her. It was a pity! Would have loved to see how they would have performed in the end

Add a comment

You must log in to comment