Events

Wines2Whales a Kargo farewell for Croeser

· By Press Office · 8 comments

Rourke Croeser is determined to make his final effort in Kargo Pro MTB colours a victorious one when he and team mate Travis Walker tackle the 2014 FNB Wines2Whales mountain bike stage race in the Western Cape from 7-9 November.

ccs-62657-0-07952700-1415280929.jpg

Rourke Croeser and Travis Walker’s participation in the FNB Wines2Whales will signal the end of an era for the former as the curtain comes down on his time with Kargo Pro MTB team. // Credit: Darren Goddard/

Gameplan Media.

Croeser’s eleventh hour kidney infection disappointingly forced him out of the recent Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek clash however Walker showed just what he is capable of both physically and mentally when he tackled the seven-day long stage race alone and emerged victorious in the men’s solo category, giving him good confidence going into the upcoming contest.

Walker’s form is unquestioned while Croeser will take some added motivation into the pair’s Wines2Whales assignment as he looks to go out with a bang.

“It is sad to be moving on as I was there from the start, part of the very initial Kargo setup,” said Croeser. “Sometimes you unfortunately have to make tough decisions though and do what you feel is best for your career.”

“Trav and I are certainly still looking to go out there and win Wines2Whales though and he is in great form at the moment while I’m really feeling good!

“For me personally, winning Wines2Whales would also be a really nice way to give back and say thank you to those who have invested in me over the past couple of years!” he added.

Team manager Shaun Peschl expressed his appreciation for what Croeser has brought to the Kargo team and wished the young rider a successful future.

“Rourke has been there right from the start of this dream of ours and has played an important role in getting the team to where we are today,” explained Peschl.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Rourke for all his hard work, both on the bike as a competitor himself but also as a mentor to the rest of the guys and an ambassador of the team. We wish him everything of the best in his pursuit of his dreams,” he added.

Peschl confirmed that recent signings Brendon Davids and Alan Hatherly will spearhead the setup’s cross country charge both locally and internationally in 2015 while Walker’s recent endurance successes will see him focus more on marathon and stage racing next year.

“Having the likes of Brendon and Alan to lead our cross country efforts is really exciting for us while Travis has more than proven what he can do in the longer racing formats!” said Peschl.

“The all-round capabilities of young Marco Joubert and William Mokgopo is also very exciting for us while we are constantly on the look-out for Kargo brand ambassador candidates, so we’re really looking forward to discovering what 2015 has in store for our Kargo Pro MTB team!” he added.

The recent confirmation of Momsen Bikes’ continued support of the team as equipment supplier is more exciting news for the Kargo outfit.

ccs-62657-0-30441500-1415280932.jpg

As the 2014 season winds down, Kargo Pro MTB team as relishing their return to action next year where they will compete on the Momsen Vipa team issue machine.

“I am delighted to continue our sponsorship and partnership with the Kargo Pro MTB team for a second season,” said Victor Momsen, founder and owner of Momsen Bikes.

“Our first season together has been a phenomenal success and we look forward to carrying this momentum into the 2015 racing season!”

“All the Kargo riders will be on the 2015 Momsen VIPA team issue – our flagship offering for 2015 – next year with full Shimano M9000 XTR, Fox factory suspension with remote/front and rear and ZTR Crest wheels,” he added.

Croeser and Walker’s Wines2Whales participation brings down the curtain on the UCI Trade Team’s 2014 season with many of the squad having already started their preparations for the busy upcoming season as they excitedly ready themselves for the prestigious Sea Otter Classic and a full round of UCI MTB World Cups together with a host of local cross country, marathon, ultra-marathon and stage races next year.

More info is available at www.peschlracing.com.

Related posts

Comments

rock

Nov 7, 2014, 7:18 AM

Interested as to where he's off to? anyone know?

Rick Sanchez

Nov 7, 2014, 11:02 AM

I would also like to know

Shebeen

Nov 7, 2014, 11:15 AM

“It is sad to be moving on as I was there from the start, part of the very initial Kargo setup,” said Croeser. “Sometimes you unfortunately have to make tough decisions though and do what you feel is best for your career

maybe he's going to forget about marathons and work on his XC career

CAAD4

Nov 7, 2014, 11:16 AM

It's Friday, so why don't we start speculating?

rock

Nov 7, 2014, 12:08 PM

so like an good chose your own adventure novel here are some options:

11th hour signing to MTN for euro domestique duties

retiring and opening up a bike shop

grass roots US mtb team

grass roots Euro mtb team

Specialzied South Africa

scooby15

Nov 7, 2014, 12:15 PM

so like an good chose your own adventure novel here are some options:

11th hour signing to MTN for euro domestique duties

retiring and opening up a bike shop

grass roots US mtb team

grass roots Euro mtb team

Specialzied South Africa

Specialized ZA

Spoke101

Nov 7, 2014, 6:16 PM

I think I heard he is calling it a day?

Gandalf

Nov 8, 2014, 1:35 PM

Maybe he is going to try some European racing. or maybe not just European but all over the globe. I think James Reid did a similar thing, maybe Croeser will do something like that. As for teams/sponsors, well there's too many possibilities 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment