Events

Wines2Whales route builders proudly Specialized

· By Press Office · 4 comments

Cape Trails, the official route builders of the FNB Wines2Whales (W2W) Mountain Bike (MTB) Events, are super excited to take ownership of their new Specialized mountain bikes compliments of the organizers of the FNB W2W MTB Events and Specialized South Africa.

ccs-62657-0-68429100-1413187729.jpg

According to Bianca Grobbelaar, Marketing Manager Specialized Bicycles, Cape Trails are outdoing themselves. “Just listening to Johan Krieger talking about the Cape Trails team will give you goose bumps. These guys are the unsung heroes and they put a lot of effort into building these trails. At Specialized we are passionate about bikes, the trails and trail building. This is just a small token of appreciation to thank them for what they’ve done. We want them to ride and enjoy their own masterpieces”.

“Today my dream came true,” says Ashwell Swartz, Cape Trails. “I am looking forward to experiencing the difference between riding a 29er and riding a 26er. Specialized bicycles are unique and classic. They are the best on the market. Owning one has been a huge desire of mine”.

Each Cape Trails route builder cycles +- 6000km a year, this includes cycling to work and back as well as going out on route while building the trails.

Event Information:

Starting in the Winelands of Somerset West, riders cross through (and over) 13 wineries, 26 private farms, six mountains, historic roads and mountain passes, nature conservation areas (including the Kogelberg Biosphere) before finishing within sight of the famous whales of Hermanus!

FNB Wines2Whales MTB Adventure: 31 October 2014 until 02 November 2014

FNB Wines2Whales MTB Ride: 03 November 2014 until 05 November 2014

FNB Wines2Whales MTB Race: 07 November 2014 until 09 November until 2014

Stage One

Start: Lourensford Wine Estate (Somerset West)

Finish: Oak Valley Wine Estate (Elgin-Grabouw)

Stage Two

Start: Oak Valley Wine Estate (Elgin-Grabouw)

Finish: Oak Valley Wine Estate (Elgin-Grabouw)

Stage Three

Start: Oak Valley Wine Estate (Elgin-Grabouw)

Finish: Onrus Caravan Park (just outside Hermanus)

Like our Facebook page: Wines2Whales

Follow us on Twitter: @w2wmtb

About FNB Wines2Whales:

FNB Business and FNB Private Clients have made a joint commitment to sponsor the annual Wines2Whales Mountain Bike Events.

FNB’s ongoing strategy is to support local and community events that show the potential to grow. This sponsorship affirms our dedication to providing an experience that is beyond expectation, through a sport that continues to grow in popularity as one of the key activities in the South African sporting calendar.

The annual FNB Wines2Whales Mountain Bike Events are aligned to our belief that adventure is the heart of innovation and this is one of many platforms on which we seek to make a lasting connection with new and existing clients.

Related posts

Comments

PhilipV

Oct 13, 2014, 5:20 PM

I assume these are the guys responsible for the sanitising of the lekker singletrack in Grabouw by building bridges over the rough parts.

Meezo

Oct 15, 2014, 5:16 AM

yes, these guys are amazing, they brought a tear to Johans eye, last year at the W2W we said all the work they have and are doing.... great story!

Slanghoek Louis

Oct 15, 2014, 6:30 PM

Wow, so wish someone would do great to my team of workers. Great for you guys. Enjoy your bikes. Really hard work.

CleatsnCleavage

Nov 15, 2014, 12:15 PM

that is absolutely cool well done to the Spez team. I hope they will help the guys maintain the bikes too - we all know how expensive this hobby is. 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment