Events

Expression of interest – Road World Champs Soigneur and Mechanic

· By Press Office · 11 comments

Cycling South Africa requires the services of a Soigneur and Mechanic for the 2015 Road World Champs in Richmond, USA, which takes place from 17-28 September.

ccs-62657-0-59082800-1440070161.jpg

All interested soigneurs and mechanics who meet the following criteria are requested to submit their expression of interest and proof of qualifications for attention to Cycling SA Road Commission Director, Bosseau Boshoff, roadcycling@cyclingsa.com by 17:00 on 21 August 2015.

Criteria:

• International team management experience
  • Current membership and up to date licence with Cycling SA

Please note that this is a voluntary, unpaid position.

Comments

Shebeen

Aug 20, 2015, 11:52 AM

deadline tomorrow close of business. Wonder if they can process my CSA licence in that time?
Shebeen

Aug 20, 2015, 12:52 PM

but maybe there is someone who fits the entry criteria that will be attending this on the side?

http://www.brompton.com/Events/Posts/2015/Event-BWC-USA

http://cdn-web.brompton.com/~/media/Images/Events/BWC-2015-assets/BWCUSA.jpg?h=270&la=en&w=360

SwissVan

Aug 20, 2015, 12:58 PM

LOL... you think they might turn a blind eye or maak n plan wrt this

"Current membership and up to date licence with Cycling SA"

Skinnyone

Aug 20, 2015, 12:59 PM

How much are CSA paying for the trip...?and my visa etc...and its cutting it a bit fine to get visa's etc sorted

Skinnyone

Aug 20, 2015, 1:03 PM

Oh just read the article...UNPAID Voluntary position....this is my gripe, you put your hand up and say yes, ok so the trip is all paid for (one assumes) does that include a per diem (spending moola)? and what of my time off my real job? I would have to take unpaid leave to go  for the "experience"...I have had enough experience running round after pro's for free thank you...Time to get paid.

Prince Albert Cycles

Aug 20, 2015, 4:43 PM

Would be interesting to see how many SACF officials are attending Worlds .

Edgar

Aug 21, 2015, 11:17 AM

Excuse the ignorance:

But WTF does soigneur and a mechanic need intl team management experience for?

Maybe I'm too much of a cycnic, but this looks like it was written with a specific agenda. 

Shebeen

Aug 21, 2015, 12:07 PM

Excuse the ignorance:

But WTF does soigneur and a mechanic need intl team management experience for?

Maybe I'm too much of a cycnic, but this looks like it was written with a specific agenda. 

i once fixed a competitor's bike during swazi frontier. QUALIFIED!

Skinnyone

Aug 21, 2015, 12:18 PM

Its a double edged sword...you need experience to get the "job" and you need the "job" to get experience...

As I said before, not getting paid - not going.

CAAD4

Aug 21, 2015, 12:48 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!

Shebeen

Aug 26, 2015, 10:50 AM

anyone get the job?!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment