Events

Jens Voigt to visit South Africa in the lead up to the Cape Town Cycle Tour

· By Press Office · 14 comments

To celebrate that Trek is now direct in South Africa, Trek are bringing out the legendary Jens Voigt. Jens will be participating in the #MyTrek Sunset Charity Cycles in aid of the non-profit, Qhubeka and in the upcoming Cape Town Cycle Tour.

Jens Voigt is a true legend in the sport of professional cycling, most commonly known for his saying “shut up legs”.

ccs-62657-0-42856800-1487163260.jpg

The German-born cyclist and father of six has competed in the Tour de France 17 times, winning several stages and wearing the famed yellow jersey in the race’s 2005 edition. In 2014, Jens became the UCI World 1 hour record holder before retiring as a member of the Trek Factory Racing Pro team after a storied 17-year career. More recently, in January he completed the gruelling Everest challenge in 26h30m, a massive 9000 metres of climbing and over 400km of riding in snow and on frozen roads.

“We are thrilled to have Jen’s coming to South Africa, he loves spending time with his fans chatting about his passion for the sport. He is a legendary sportsman – the Trek team and our Trek retailers are so excited for his visit”.

Keep an eye on Trek social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more information and register on www.mytrek.co.za.

Key events:

#MyTrek Sunset Cruises:

Join Trek Bikes South Africa and celebrated cyclist, Jens Voigt, for a fun-filled sunset cycle, suitable for everyone, in Johannesburg 7th March 2017, 3 pm at Bidon Bistro and Cape Town 10th March 2017, 4 pm at Boschendal Wine Farm.

This is not a race! We’re challenging all cyclists. Both serious and hobbyist, in these two cities, to help us raise funds for the non-profit, Qhubeka.

Registration is free and for each registration Trek will donate R10 with a goal to reach R15 000.00 for Qhubeka. We need at least 1500 riders to make this possible.

Will you be part of this legendary ride?”

Register at https://www.mytrek.co.za/

*Food, coffee and drink services will be available, on the day, for your own account. Zapper and Credit Card facilities available on site.
*Children are welcome. We encourage safe cycling, metro and paramedics will be onsite to keep you safe.
*This is a fun afternoon cycle meant for enjoyment. Please feel free to invite friends and family.
*Dress up in any fun attire you feel confident in. We will be filming this event!

ccs-62657-0-82564300-1487163659.jpg

Store signings:

Come meet Jens Voigt and share your love for cycling at some of our exclusive store signings. Jens will spend one-on-one time with his fans. Should you wish to get any memorabilia signed this is your chance!

Catch him at:

Wednesday 8th March:

Pretoria:
The Bicycle Company Lynnwood: Cnr Lynnwood & Daventry Road, Lynnwood
10h30 – 12h30
Johannesburg:
Swiss Cycles, 1 Jellicoe Avenue, Rosebank
15h00 – 17h00

Thursday 9th March:

Stellenbosch:
BMT Stellenbosch, Blackhorse Centre Cnr Dorp and Mark Street, Stellenbosch
11h30 – 13h30
Durbanville:
Best Bikes : Shop 5; Spiros Corner, Cnr Main & wellington, Durbanville
15h30 – 17h30
For more details please contact:

Natalie Roberts: Marketing Manager Trek Bikes SA – +27 11 258 8974
Info_treksa@trekbikes.com

Related posts

Comments

Mongoose!

Feb 15, 2017, 4:31 PM

The thing I like most of Jens is that he is just as tall as me... so riding the same size bike as me... eish that Trek Madone 9.9 in the background...for sure my dream bike...lol

Vetseun

Feb 15, 2017, 4:36 PM

I want to ride with him. Make him hurt!

'Dale

Feb 15, 2017, 4:49 PM

I want to ride with him. Make him hurt!

Yeah

He's old now, Vettes

Now's your chance ????

carbon29er

Feb 15, 2017, 6:24 PM

What is it that old dopers just won't go away?

intern

Feb 15, 2017, 6:48 PM

Heh, the one that got away.

VB_

Feb 15, 2017, 10:04 PM

“Jens doesn't spin or mash the pedals, he kicks them into submission.”

“If by some incredible space-time paradox Jens could ever race himself, he would win.”

“Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.”

“Jens Voigt doesn't age, he simply drops every year that catches up to him.”

intern

Feb 15, 2017, 10:08 PM

What is it that old dopers just won't go away?

The fans love the old dopers man, get with the program!

Thomo

Feb 16, 2017, 3:32 AM

“Jens doesn't spin or mash the pedals, he kicks them into submission.”

“If by some incredible space-time paradox Jens could ever race himself, he would win.”

“Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.”

“Jens Voigt doesn't age, he simply drops every year that catches up to him.”

Chuck Norris of cycling....

Thomo

Feb 16, 2017, 3:32 AM

The fans love the old dopers man, get with the program!

Some of them were interesting characters.

intern

Feb 16, 2017, 4:25 AM

Some of them were interesting characters.

I'd a pretty interesting character myself after a breakfast of hard drugs...

VB_

Feb 16, 2017, 5:15 AM

" Jens was born in East Germany. It’s suspected by many that it was his fast, relentless riding that truly brought down the Berlin Wall."

Skinnyone

Feb 16, 2017, 12:28 PM

I don't think it relevant to mention doping here, whether he did or didn't - there was never controversy around him at any stage...lets try keep it to the point...

Shebeen

Feb 16, 2017, 12:55 PM

father of 6...always gets me. that's even ahead of trek stablemate juan pelota

CAAD4

Feb 16, 2017, 1:12 PM

I hope they sweep the armpit of the Jhb cycling world the morning before the ride, for thumb tacks...

Add a comment

You must log in to comment