Promotions

Bontrager pulls out all the stops with new products

· By Press Office · 20 comments

Quality, innovative components, and thoughtful accessories — all made with a rider-first and no-compromise mentality. Whether you’re looking for a replacement part, to upgrade components or wheels, or entirely new add-ons that modify the look and feel of your bike, Bontrager has the product for you.

Newly re-designed Velocis helmet

Bontrager sees rider safety as their greatest motivator, and the reason they continue to innovate. The brand new lightweight Velocis MIPS helmet is testimony to this ethic. A welcome addition to this new design, MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, developed by neurosurgeons to offer greater protection from the angled impacts typical of real-world falls.

ccs-62657-0-31134600-1509379670.jpg

Slightly deeper than the previous version, the new design provides additional crash protection in crucial areas like the back of the head. The fit is more natural, and the shape is more aerodynamic. The highly-adjustable Boa closure system debuts on this helmet, ensuring a comfortable fit for the individual. A sunglass port now offers secure eyewear storage on top of the helmet, a removable NeoVisor offers all the benefits of a cycling cap without the additional bulk. The best thing about choosing Bontrager is their Crash Replacement Guarantee, which provides riders with a free replacement helmet if an impact occurs within the first year of ownership. Suitable for everything from long training rides to hot weather time trials, the Velocis MIPS is a must for riders wanting a high-performance helmet.

ccs-62657-0-57309500-1509379659.jpeg
ccs-62657-0-51054700-1509379663.jpeg

Upgrade your ride!

Bontrager is an industry leader in wheel design and the new Bontrager wheels range includes competitively priced pro-level carbon wheels in both road and mountain categories. Bontrager’s expertise in carbon manufacturing is unrivaled in the industry, and nobody does more testing and validation on their designs. Every Bontrager carbon wheel comes with the added confidence of Carbon Care, ensuring replacement or repair in the unlikely case that you damage them.

Best value in carbon wheels hits the road

ccs-62657-0-11124100-1509379970.jpeg
ccs-62657-0-13741100-1509379972.jpeg

Bontrager puts their experience to work with the all-new Road Aeolus Pro wheels, delivering the best value in carbon road wheels today. The Aeolus Pro 3 TLR is a full-carbon, tubeless-ready rim brake wheel that balances durability, weight and aerodynamics for a pro-level performance that doesn’t break the bank. This design combines the proven shape of the existing 35 mm-depth Aeolus 3 with a confidence-boosting textured carbon brake track that increases stopping power and effectively dissipates heat under heavy braking loads. Reliable Bontrager three-pawl hubs round out a premium carbon road wheel for an MSRP of R19,999 a set.

Unparalleled MTB wheel line-up

Bontrager’s all-new additions to the Line Pro and Kovee MTB ranges make quality carbon trail and XC wheels more desirable than ever.

The NEW Line Pro 30 TLR mountain bike trail wheel promises to be a game changer. Start with a strong and durable OCLV Pro Carbon rim with 29 mm internal width, lace it to a Rapid Drive 108 hub, and you get instant engagement on a durable OCLV Carbon wheel that challenges all expectations of what a R19,999 MSRP trail/enduro wheel can offer.

ccs-62657-0-34006300-1509380272.jpeg
ccs-62657-0-27519300-1509380277.jpg

The Kovee Elite 23 is a premier wheelset for the XC-oriented racer or trail rider. An OCLV Carbon rim with 22,5 mm inner width, laced to a rapid drive 54 hub makes these hoops an easy upgrade at an MSRP of R11,999 a set.

ccs-62657-0-55123100-1509380368.jpeg
ccs-62657-0-05520900-1509380374.jpeg

Unconditional guarantee … for ultimate satisfaction

At Bontrager, we take care of you – it’s that simple. If for any reason you are not satisfied with any Bontrager after-market components, clothing, and accessories, return the item on the Bontrager Unconditional 30 day Guarantee.

Quality, innovative components, and thoughtful accessories brought to you by Bontrager.

For more information on the new lineup and details of Bontrager retailers, visit: https://www.trekbikes.com/za/en_ZA/.

Tags: ,

Related posts

Comments

Bizkit031

Nov 1, 2017, 5:39 AM

No difference to so many of the others in that come to SA only support for the Road and marathon scene

Skinnyone

Nov 1, 2017, 6:26 AM

A lot of options available in the trail market too, just think the article is focusing on the one line of options....

JacoLRoux

Nov 2, 2017, 7:13 AM

All that marketing speak maak my naar... unparalleled, unconditional, R19999 value competitively priced, challenges all expectations, innovative.... and the best one yet = thoughtful...

DJuice

Nov 2, 2017, 7:34 AM

All that marketing speak maak my naar... unparalleled, unconditional, R19999 value competitively priced, challenges all expectations, innovative.... and the best one yet = thoughtful...

Unfortunately I differ from your view.

The Bontrager wheel sets, the price point, the tech and value it brings, received a lot of praise on Pinkbike.

I for one was wondering if it will be available in SA!

Only problem, my bike is non-boost.

Eldron

Nov 2, 2017, 7:45 AM

Unconditional 30 day return? Sweet! I'm gonna get me a new set of carbons wheels to thrash every month!

Skinnyone

Nov 2, 2017, 7:55 AM

Unfortunately I differ from your view.

The Bontrager wheel sets, the price point, the tech and value it brings, received a lot of praise on Pinkbike.

I for one was wondering if it will be available in SA!

Only problem, my bike is non-boost.

I don't think they would advertise these if they weren't going to be available....

Time for a new bike then eh...

Skinnyone

Nov 2, 2017, 7:56 AM

Unconditional 30 day return? Sweet! I'm gonna get me a new set of carbons wheels to thrash every month!

Pretty sure there would be T's + C's involved here...

Eldron

Nov 2, 2017, 7:58 AM

Pretty sure there would be T's + C's involved here...

It's says unconditional so technically there can't be any C's!

I'm 100% sure it's marketing gab but it would be an interesting statement to challenge.

428 others

Nov 2, 2017, 8:43 AM

All of the MTB wheels are Boost?

Hairy

Nov 2, 2017, 9:05 AM

All of the MTB wheels are Boost?

yes, so now you need to buy a boost Trek frame :P

jokes aside, I have owned a few Bonti MTB Wheels, both trail and xc variants, and they were really great wheelsets

DJuice

Nov 2, 2017, 9:12 AM

I don't think they would advertise these if they weren't going to be available....

Time for a new bike then eh...

Skinnyone

My writing is confusing.

After I read the Pinkbike review, a few months back, I was wondering if they will come to SA.

The other day, a set was in the classified`s that came of a bike.

I can only wish for a new bike, new baby in the house.

Skinnyone

Nov 2, 2017, 9:18 AM

Skinnyone

My writing is confusing.

After I read the Pinkbike review, a few months back, I was wondering if they will come to SA.

The other day, a set was in the classified`s that came of a bike.

I can only wish for a new bike, new baby in the house.

Ah I see, no stress...

Yeah I know that feeling...I have two kids myself and have gone without a new bike for a number of years :thumbup:

DJuice

Nov 2, 2017, 10:50 AM

Ah I see, no stress...

Yeah I know that feeling...I have two kids myself and have gone without a new bike for a number of years :thumbup:

Off topic.

Our family planning was terrible, wife got a new bike, did 5 rides and then baby on the way.

Wheelsuck

Nov 2, 2017, 1:52 PM

Lots of Marketing Talk and Little technical detail. That being said they do make good products. My shoes are all Bontrager and won't put my feet in any other road or mtb shoe.

Hairy

Nov 2, 2017, 2:20 PM

Off topic.

Our family planning was terrible, wife got a new bike, did 5 rides and then baby on the way.

you should never have gone tubeless...........

Craai

Nov 2, 2017, 2:26 PM

Off topic.

Better than my wife; got a bike, did 2 rides. Bike got stolen, replaced with new one by insurance, got pregnant resulting in zero rides on new bike. 

Bizkit031

Nov 3, 2017, 5:02 AM

A lot of options available in the trail market too, just think the article is focusing on the one line of options....

We won’t see it here because the distributor won’t bring it in because they only cater for the Road and marathon market.#shortsighted
Skinnyone

Nov 3, 2017, 8:38 AM

We won’t see it here because the distributor won’t bring it in because they only cater for the Road and marathon market.#shortsighted

I disagree, I am seeing a lot of plus size, trail full suss, product in general coming in....Tread mag have been doing reviews of product like trail helmets and wheels etc so they must be bringing in the product for reviews....and like I said, I doubt they would be paying for ads and reviews if there was going to be no further product or support...

Also keep in mind that Trek only came in direct about a year ago so they are probably still finding their feet in terms of what to cater for, for future ordering and potential trends (Specialized have been in country direct for 7 years, and in the beginning it wasn't smooth sailing either)...Also keep in mind that you may want a specific product - remember they have to cater for the general market and what sells now....if that may be road and marathon this year then they have to cater for that demand. 

If the majority demand changes to trail/gravity etc then they would have to cater for that, like I say though there is a fair amount of trail stuff listed on their website...and comparing to the US website it doesn't look like a copy/paste scenario, which tells me they are keeping stock of the advertised product.

Bizkit031

Nov 4, 2017, 4:58 AM

I disagree, I am seeing a lot of plus size, trail full suss, product in general coming in....Tread mag have been doing reviews of product like trail helmets and wheels etc so they must be bringing in the product for reviews....and like I said, I doubt they would be paying for ads and reviews if there was going to be no further product or support...

Also keep in mind that Trek only came in direct about a year ago so they are probably still finding their feet in terms of what to cater for, for future ordering and potential trends (Specialized have been in country direct for 7 years, and in the beginning it wasn't smooth sailing either)...Also keep in mind that you may want a specific product - remember they have to cater for the general market and what sells now....if that may be road and marathon this year then they have to cater for that demand.

If the majority demand changes to trail/gravity etc then they would have to cater for that, like I say though there is a fair amount of trail stuff listed on their website...and comparing to the US website it doesn't look like a copy/paste scenario, which tells me they are keeping stock of the advertised product.

Sorry to tell you but the plus size fad is dying and has not really taken off at all. Trek has not had a great track record the last couple of years with distributors in SA and that has hurt them a lot so it’s gonna take a while to build up as you say. Let’s be honest most of the companies that come into SA will give the Road and marathon market their most attention first and then maybe look at the Trail /Enduro market,this is due to the type of riding that SA only promotes especially your big corporates.The excuses are the same from all of them”There is no market for those products” what BS are they talking when they don’t bother to do their homework and go out there and actually check. Look at guys like Trailtech who bring in Knolly,Evil and Kona , Lapierre,Santa Cruz, YT they saw the gap by doing what the others haven’t and bring in the bikes and equipment for the trail/Enduro market and they are showing the big guns that there is a market for all this.
BSG

Nov 4, 2017, 5:09 AM

you should never have gone tubeless...........

And pregnant after only 5 rides [emoji85]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Add a comment

You must log in to comment