Promotions

David Higgs brings real Namibian flavour to 2020 Windhoek Light Namib Quest

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Organisers of the 2020 Windhoek Light Namib Quest have announced that renowned chef and restaurateur David Higgs will be participating in this years’ race. In addition, Higgs has been onboarded to curate the food experience for all riders through the race.

ccs-144148-0-78097000-1581492845.png

The Windhoek Light Namib Quest is an exclusive mountain bike stage race starting in Windhoek and ending in Swakopmund, taking place from 24-29 May 2020. The six stages of the race take participating riders on a once in a lifetime journey through the Namib desert. An accomplished rider, Higgs is looking forward to both the challenge of the race and bringing true Namibian flavour to the food experience for all in attendance.

My food journey started in Namibia, fishing in Swakopmund, so it is incredible to be able to bring my passion for food and mountain biking together to deliver a great experience for the riders. We are working together to ensure that the wonderful authenticity and hospitality of the people of Namibia shines through. Over and above that, I am just really excited at the opportunity to ride through such exquisite terrain!
David Higgs

https://www.facebook.com/NamibQuest/videos/201689240983694/

Senior brand manager at Namibia Breweries Limited (NBL), Claudia Opperman, expressed her delight at Higgs’ decision to partner with the Windhoek Light Namib Quest.

We are excited to bring David on board as a rider and partner to the food experience. We know that he brings with him equal passion for both elements and his addition adds great value to the rider experience at this years’ event. We only have a few team entries still available until we reach our limit of 80 riders and are confident that this years’ edition of the Windhoek Light Namib Quest is sure to be the best one yet.
The 2020 Windhoek Light Namib Quest can be entered at http://www.windhoeklightevents.com/

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment