Ditch the saddle bag, the RapStrapz is here

Ditch the saddle bag, the RapStrapz is here! Mountain bikers and road cyclists tend to not like saddle bags for a number of reasons; they can be clumsy, bulky and noisy.

Enter the RapStrapz, the Rapstrapz is a premium strap that is truly a game changer, a complete minimalist approach to the saddlebag that is functional and practical.

Rapstrapz 4.jpg

Rapstrapz 3.jpg

Rapstrapz 1.jpg

This proudly South African product is made from heavy duty webbing, which can withstand abuse from the elements. Only the finest fasteners are used to ensure the strap keeps your gear in place with added security from the non-slip industrial grade silicone.

The Rapstrapz allows you to have quick easy access to your gear when you need it most. Rest assured that you will never lose it out on the trails or on the road. The Saddle Strap has been tested by professional riders through the Wines2Whales and in training over a 3 month period. We can safely report back that no tools or tubes were lost.

Rapstrapz 2.jpg

Rapstrapz 5.jpg

The Rapstrapz is available in two models: the Saddle Strap and the Tube Strap. The Saddle strap would be used to strap your tube, tyre levers, Dynaplug and spare CO2 cartridges underneath your saddle. Whilst, the Tube Strap is used to carry an extra water bottle or to stow a rain jacket out on the bike, this is strapped onto the bicycle frame in a suitable position.

Each model comes with a simple ‘how to install’ guide and you secure can your Rapstrapz in a matter of minutes before heading out on the bike.

bikalot.com will be running a once off show special at the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo, stand number 24-25, both models will be available for just R199.

The Rapstrapz are also available through a number of dealers across the country, a dealer listing can be viewed here: https://bikalot.com/dealer-listing/

18 Comments

Wil6, Mar 08 2018 07:32

Sure, that water bottle strapped to the frame will not cause damage at all....

RossW, Mar 08 2018 07:32

This is identical to the Backcountry Research straps. 

http://backcountryresearch.com/

splat, Mar 08 2018 11:27

As much as I don't love saddle bags, they at least protect your stuff from the elements (mud etc)

-cK-, Mar 08 2018 01:16

As much as I don't love saddle bags, they at least protect your stuff from the elements (mud etc)

Tell that to them weight weenies :P

Also some saddle bags require a strap around the post, this is at least a alternative option if you run a dropper post

GiantSpez, Mar 08 2018 03:31

until you have done one wet ride on the mountain, there is a reason why the bag is used.

Lighthouse, Mar 08 2018 03:36

Has anyone used any of these straps? I am keen to give it a go, so any feedback will be great thanks.

cadenceblur, Mar 08 2018 04:01

going to have a look at the expo for sure, cheaper than the specialized option if I am not mistaken.

MphatiPyga, Mar 08 2018 05:09

I have had the backcountry version for a long time now and have had no problem with wet muddy rides, tubes have lasted as long as they did in a bag, perhaps longer as they do not rub against other items in a bag. If this is similar in quality I would recommend it.

If you are worried about the tube perishing due to uv you could always wrap it in an old tube cut to shape or squeeze it into a section of old tube

SwissVan, Mar 08 2018 08:52

I don't think so.... and where would you put that bank note for emergencies?

Bikalot, Mar 09 2018 07:24

This is identical to the Backcountry Research straps. 

http://backcountryresearch.com/

Hi Ross, we haven't tried out the Backcountry straps ourselves, they do look similar and sure they are also aa great product.

Bikalot, Mar 09 2018 07:25

Sure, that water bottle strapped to the frame will not cause damage at all....

Hi Wil6, we haven't had any issues in our testing yet, The strap does create a bit of a buffer between the frame and the bottle.

Bikalot, Mar 09 2018 07:27

going to have a look at the expo for sure, cheaper than the specialized option if I am not mistaken.

Come say hi Cadenceblur, it will be good to meet you and we have a demo unit to show

Bikalot, Mar 09 2018 07:59

Tell that to them weight weenies :P

Also some saddle bags require a strap around the post, this is at least a alternative option if you run a dropper post

Hi CK

Yes indeed, weight weenie approved ;) and also dropper post friendly as you've pointed out

Bikalot, Mar 09 2018 08:01

Has anyone used any of these straps? I am keen to give it a go, so any feedback will be great thanks.

Hi Lighthouse, yes one of our sponsored pro riders has been using the Saddle Strap since the Wines2Whales and no issues thus far with loosing anything nor having issues with mud and grit from the elements damaging equipment. In fairness this has been through Summer in Cape Town.

We do endeavour to test any product thoroughly before bringing it to market.

Bikalot, Mar 09 2018 08:02

I have had the backcountry version for a long time now and have had no problem with wet muddy rides, tubes have lasted as long as they did in a bag, perhaps longer as they do not rub against other items in a bag. If this is similar in quality I would recommend it.

If you are worried about the tube perishing due to uv you could always wrap it in an old tube cut to shape or squeeze it into a section of old tube

Thanks for the feedback MphatiPyga. The Backcountry straps also seem to be a great product.

Bikalot, Mar 09 2018 08:03

I don't think so.... and where would you put that bank note for emergencies?

in your phone pouch in the back pocket :)

Bat-ass, Mar 13 2018 09:16

Where can we buy the Saddle Strap in Durban area? Or online, but R79 delivery and would be nice to see them first?

Thanks.

Bikalot, Apr 09 2018 05:25

Where can we buy the Saddle Strap in Durban area? Or online, but R79 delivery and would be nice to see them first?

Thanks.

Hi Bat-ass

You'll be able to find the Rapstrapz at both Leigh's Cycle Centre and Cycle Lab in Cornelia for the time being.

Thanks

Chris