Promotions

Fox suspension servicing goes direct

Supplied by Omnico.

· By Press Office · 29 comments

In order to fall into line with Fox International worldwide best practices, we will now offer a direct servicing channel to end users (the consumer) for all Fox bicycle suspension components. This is simply an additional channel that you the customer will now have available to get your Fox Fork and/or Shock serviced as efficiently and professionally as possible. as servicing through our dealers, as is currently in place, will continue to operate as has been the case.

ccs-62657-0-27970200-1511181447.jpg

Steps to follow when booking and sending your Fox bicycle suspension direct to Omnico, the official Fox Bicycle Suspension distributor.

1. Visit https://omnico.co.za/brand/fox and select “Book a Service”. There will also be a button added to the home page shortly.
  2. Complete the form with your details, noting the terms and conditions and extra charges for sending a complete bike. If you would like any specific work done (besides what is listed in the service items below), include clear and detailed instructions of what work needs to be done or any trailside symptoms. We may contact you to discuss any issues you have with your suspension to ensure any issues are sorted as per your requirements. If no additional comments are provided, only a basic service (listed below) will be carried out and charged for.
  3. Strip the fork or shock from your bike and safely and securely box the item, ready for collection
  4. Collection will be arranged by Omnico from the address stipulated on the booking form. Schenker Couriers, Omnico’s preferred courier company, will contact you to confirm it is ready for collection and to arrange a collection date and time. Depending on the time of booking and your location you can expect collection same day or within 24 hours.
  5. Once the fork arrives it will be unpacked and placed into the servicing queue. Please note that we can get quite busy the week or two leading up to a big race or event, but even so turnaround time from time of receiving is usually 2-3 working days, depending on the workload.
  6. Should we pick up any additional issues or problems during the service, or while work is being carried out, we will contact you to discuss your options and to quote on the work and/or parts needed. No extra work will be carried out before we receive written approval via email from you, the consumer.
  7. As soon as the work has been completed, you will receive an invoice for payment. Once proof of payment has been received collection will be arranged with Schenker Couriers. If payment is made and the proof of payment received before midday, it will be collected the same day and you can expect delivery within 2 working days, depending on the area of delivery.

If you are sending your suspension in for warranty work and / or repairs then you must please send a copy of your proof of purchase along with your name and contact details to fox@omnico.co.za. Note that Fox offers a One Year warranty on all forks and shocks from date of purchase for first-time owners and with proof of purchase.

FORK SERVICE PRICE R1450

A thorough inspection of the fork for damage and/or wear. Complete teardown and rebuild of the damper, including new seals and oil. New dust wipers and foam rings. Fork bushings will be replaced when deemed necessary – this may incur an additional cost but will be discussed with you, the consumer, first.

REAR SHOCK SERVICE R1100

A thorough inspection of the shock for damage and/or wear. Complete teardown and rebuild of the damper, including new seals, oil, and nitrogen recharge (for models requiring nitrogen charge). New air seals (if applicable). New Eyelet Hardware is available upon request at an additional charge.

Any additional questions or inquiries on upgrades and / or suspension tune can be directed to fox@omnico.co.za.

Tags: ,

Related posts

Comments

TheJ

Dec 6, 2017, 9:14 AM

So basically after every 2nd rear shock service... you've spend as much as a new shock costs?

I'm too poor for this sport.

MTBeer

Dec 6, 2017, 9:17 AM

mmmmm, no thanks.

Yo-Yo

Dec 6, 2017, 9:54 AM

I thought Omnico sent all their servicing there anyway. Or was it that Omnico service sent everyone there anyway. 

BlinkFan

Dec 6, 2017, 10:47 AM

First reaction - wow cool!

reading

Second reaction - uhmmmm okay no

Then bookmarked this:

BaGearA

Dec 6, 2017, 11:22 AM

https://www.cogentindustries.co.za/

Official fox service centre 

shaper

Dec 6, 2017, 11:27 AM

First reaction - wow cool!

reading

Second reaction - uhmmmm okay no

Then bookmarked this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7lLkMQyzb4

Bookmark this http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/1.0_Fork_Disassembly.htm

Even gives you pretty pictures  :D

Robbow

Dec 6, 2017, 12:26 PM

OMNICO = NO WAY

I'll stick to privately importing for way cheaper and self service.

EmptyB

Dec 6, 2017, 3:30 PM

What a complete ball ache and no thanks!

Kilo

Dec 6, 2017, 5:36 PM

I will keep on supporting Jacues here in the east op pta thank you. guy does awesome work on fox suspension!

Eveza

Dec 6, 2017, 6:17 PM

Jacques from Cogent Industries in Pretoria does Fox shock services and is extremely passionate and affordable. Most of the riders in Pretoria already go to him for shock servicing so I think I will pass on this "offer" by Omnico. :-)

karlito

Dec 7, 2017, 10:03 AM

I will keep on supporting Jacues here in the east op pta thank you. guy does awesome work on fox suspension!

Jacques from Cogent Industries in Pretoria does Fox shock services and is extremely passionate and affordable. Most of the riders in Pretoria already go to him for shock servicing so I think I will pass on this "offer" by Omnico. :-)

Absolutely, I will never take my suspension anywhere else! 

matthieup

Aug 5, 2018, 9:13 AM

I know in Cape Town Droo @ stoke suspension is the way to go, but i never get to go into town during the week. Is there anyone recommended in the northern suburbs that would do as good a job?

BaGearA

Aug 5, 2018, 9:17 AM

I know in Cape Town Droo @ stoke suspension is the way to go, but i never get to go into town during the week. Is there anyone recommended in the northern suburbs that would do as good a job?

Rather stick to stoke suspension , its worth it to make A plan to get to him 

porqui

Aug 5, 2018, 10:16 AM

Simple answer - Nope !

Eddy Gordo

Aug 5, 2018, 10:35 AM

If you want to spend a little extra, you could always courier it. Maybe ask Stoke what couriers they use

dasilvarsa

Aug 5, 2018, 10:38 AM

Where is Omnico service center (workshop) located ?

matthieup

Aug 5, 2018, 10:40 AM

If you want to spend a little extra, you could always courier it. Maybe ask Stoke what couriers they use

I would them to disassemble.. that's ok as I have more work to be done on the bike i'll make a plan in the week.

Just to avoid that traffic....

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Kranswurm

Aug 5, 2018, 10:57 AM

I would be happy to take it to them,but my son can do it for me if I am in Cape Town

In Jhb its Mikes Bikes for my complete strip service of the the bike and suspension service. 

dasilvarsa

Aug 5, 2018, 11:52 AM

So basically after every 2nd rear shock service... you've spend as much as a new shock costs?

I'm too poor for this sport.

So basically we were riding spring for 20 years and a bit of grease once a year and you were good to go (That's if you remembered to do it ) and everyone was happy. Now its minor service and major service and no one is ever happy. These new fancy forks are even sticky before they leave the bike shop. I test rode a brand new bike yesterday and the fork felt like a piece of wood. The salesman said that it just needs a service because it's been standing for a while.

BaGearA

Aug 5, 2018, 12:38 PM

So basically we were riding spring for 20 years and a bit of grease once a year and you were good to go (That's if you remembered to do it ) and everyone was happy. Now its minor service and major service and no one is ever happy. These new fancy forks are even sticky before they leave the bike shop. I test rode a brand new bike yesterday and the fork felt like a piece of wood. The salesman said that it just needs a service because it's been standing for a while.

So go ride A rigid fork

donkey1

Jun 1, 2019, 11:04 AM

I use Craig from Bxtreme (0827858666)in JHB - he does the full service including the nitrogen thing - he even sets up the suspension- he is located just off Van Buuren off ramp Bedfordview

Sparki 1

Jun 1, 2019, 2:46 PM

I use Craig from Bxtreme (0827858666)in JHB - he does the full service including the nitrogen thing - he even sets up the suspension- he is located just off Van Buuren off ramp Bedfordview

Ok

madmarc

Jun 1, 2019, 3:45 PM

Me thinks this has more to do with FOX capturing the growing pvt suspension shops business, to harness bigger spares business.

They already dropped their importer in Europe and distributing themselves, which gives them more margin - same thing in the UK. I wouldn't be surprised if their next announcement will be the dropping of Omnico and we have a FOX distribution center here in SA.

A friend sent his fork in recently for a service, they phoned him back and said the stanchions needed replacing and would need to replace the CSU, quoted service and rebuild R 8 500.00. He said no ways just do the oil service and send it back, they refused until he signed an indemnity. Long story short he signed it and they sent his fork back, I checked his stanchions and they got wear but not that bad, been riding for 5 weeks now and it running perfect no oil leaks and it holds pressure.

There are a few pvt suspension shops replacing aftermarket stanchions and steerer tubes, all of which are perfect quality, this results in lost CSU sales for FOX. They also losing business to aftermarket seal kits, the likes of SKF, Enduro etc. Not to mention the amount of aftermarket tuning kits which work better than FOX OEM products.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment