Introducing the Imbi Bike Saver

Introducing the Imbi Bike Saver, the latest cycling accessory you need to protect your bike.

Imbi 4.jpg

You love your bike, don't you? You’re also likely to have spent a considerable amount of money on your beloved steed, so don't take the chance with makeshift padding when transporting your bike on the bike rack.

The Imbi was developed by South African, Earle Loxton, an avid cyclist who hails from Somerset West. Earle sought out a better way in which to protect his bike whilst on the bike rack as he travelled to various events and training rides.

Imbi 3.jpg

After working through an assortment of prototype models, the Imbi was eventually born in 2015. Earle and his wife Mariëtte introduced the Imbi to the world at the Inter-Bike show in Las Vegas. Shortly thereafter they managed to secure a distributor in the USA.

The Imbi is produced from a soft, durable EPDM rubber with a velcro strap attached. The design ensures that the Imbi will last the lifetime of your bicycle, while it is not easily lost, being bright red in colour.

Imbi 2.jpg

After discussions with local distributor 88 Sports, the Imbi found its way to the shelves in a select number of cycling retailers across the country in April 2016. With a network of stores that stock the Imbi expanding on a daily basis, keep an eye out for it at your local bike shop.

At a price of R299, the Imbi is reasonably priced accessory which you can’t go without. Not only will it protect your bike from being scratched and chipped every time you need to transport it, but because the Imbi fits perfectly Imbi-tween, you’ll be on your way in a matter of minutes each time you need to travel.

Imbi 1.jpg

58 Comments

Bomberman, Nov 15 2016 02:54

These look kinda cool.... R300 for two, not bad.

slickjay007, Nov 15 2016 03:29

Where can i get hold of these Imbi's?

earleloxton, Nov 15 2016 07:34

Where in Helderberg can we buy these?

Thanks for the interest Amberdrake - Vossie at Thule (next to Petie's Helderberg Cycles) carries stock.  

earleloxton, Nov 15 2016 07:37

Where can i get hold of these Imbi's?

CWC and Bikemob are just two of our loyal online stockists.  Depending on where you live, we should have some stock at your LBS.

earleloxton, Nov 15 2016 07:38

My comparisons to the pool noodle were for when I thought it was R300 each (R600 per set).

I also think R300 for the set is good value. Definitely going to lose the pool noodle soon.

Now I feel the love!

lerouc, Nov 16 2016 06:31

Selfde adres, Cobus?

AWESOME thanks Earle!!

Stuur my n PM dan kan ons dalk sommer erens mekaar ontmoet dan hoef jy nie shipping te betaal nie of ek kan net by Vossie omgaan en by hom omruil dan reel jy net met hom dat ek gaan kom.

Bikalot, Nov 16 2016 06:41

Is it R300 for a set? If so it's good value in my eyes... sorry, was under the impression it was each. 

Hi Andrew, yes they are R300 a set. You would need two Imbi's to protect two bikes. Thanks for the support.

Bikalot, Nov 16 2016 06:45

These seem fantastic. Which shops in Joburg stock them?

Hi Jehosefat

You can find the Imbi's at:

Westrand Cycles

Swiss Cycles

Concept Cyclery Melrose Arch

Design in Motion

Mellow Velo

Ridgeway Cycles

Finish Line Cycles

Thule Boksburg

Thule Alberton

Thule Fourways

Centurion Cyclery

Lynnwood Cyclery

Trust that helps, we are seeing more stores in Pretoria today.

Sepia, Nov 16 2016 07:18

Durban is neglected again, so it seems.

lerouc, Nov 16 2016 07:21

buy online?

Bikalot, Nov 16 2016 07:37

Hi Sepia

We are chatting to our stores there who currently stock the ASS MAGIC Chamois Cream to get some stock to them. Will update as we go.

Jowetts Cycles in PMB does have at the moment if you are up that side at all.

Pikey, Nov 16 2016 08:35

For the ease and simplicity of them it seems a no brainier . And for the amount we spend on our bikes,how could we possibly grumble about R600 a pair . I will be purchasing a set . Great idea simplistic and practical !

earleloxton, Nov 16 2016 08:55

For the ease and simplicity of them it seems a no brainier . And for the amount we spend on our bikes,how could we possibly grumble about R600 a pair . I will be purchasing a set . Great idea simplistic and practical !

Pikey, please note that it's actually R299 per set of two.  Apologies for the misunderstanding :)

Pikey, Nov 16 2016 09:23

Pikey, please note that it's actually R299 per set of two.  Apologies for the misunderstanding :)

Thats what I mean by a pair 👍

thewheeldeal, Nov 16 2016 10:55

Hi Sepia

We are chatting to our stores there who currently stock the ASS MAGIC Chamois Cream to get some stock to them. Will update as we go.

Jowetts Cycles in PMB does have at the moment if you are up that side at all.

HI Sepia live in Kloof and work in pmb if u need me to collect for u

Sepia, Nov 16 2016 11:20

HI Sepia live in Kloof and work in pmb if u need me to collect for u

Thanks Shaune

I never go that way at all but I am keen on a set.

Postage kills the deal unfortunately so I will sit this one out.

Prozac, Nov 16 2016 12:30

This is awesome ! Going to CWC adding my order ! 

Jehosefat, Nov 16 2016 01:30

Sweet, just picked up a set from Design in Motion. Will be trying them out on the way to the 94.7 this Sunday.

bullet77, Nov 16 2016 02:31

Hi Jehosefat

You can find the Imbi's at:

Westrand Cycles

Swiss Cycles

Concept Cyclery Melrose Arch

Design in Motion

Mellow Velo

Ridgeway Cycles

Finish Line Cycles

Thule Boksburg

Thule Alberton

Thule Fourways

Centurion Cyclery

Lynnwood Cyclery

Trust that helps, we are seeing more stores in Pretoria today.

Is there a shop in PE that stocks these?

earleloxton, Nov 16 2016 02:53

Thanks Shaune

I never go that way at all but I am keen on a set.

Postage kills the deal unfortunately so I will sit this one out.

Hey, Sepia - pm me and I'll find a way.  Call it early Xmas free delivery day today.

Sepia, Nov 16 2016 03:06

Hey, Sepia - pm me and I'll find a way.  Call it early Xmas free delivery day today.

Awesome and thanks.  Will accept gladly.

PM sent and payment made.

IH8MUD, Nov 16 2016 03:43

pool noodle, plus the "green stretchy Teflon reusable cable tie things" and you are set. 

"green stretchy Teflon reusable cable tie things"

They are cheap and 10  or so in a packet. Buy them at  4x4 shops. 

They are rubbery and will not scratch the paint. 

(Sorry, for the live of me,  I can not google-find the name or picture of it)   

bungee cord?

No - -  Bungee cord perish in the sun, lose it's elasticity after a while, and the wire hooks F-k-up your bikes paint. . . it is crappy for  this purpose.

This Imbi Bike Saver is much better than Bungee cord. 

The product I was referring to (which name I could not remember) is  Flexi Ties.   Distributed by Lumeno LED in 4x4-shops. 

Strong, reusable, does not scratch and lasts fever. 

flexi_ties.jpg

Bikalot, Nov 16 2016 10:39

Is there a shop in PE that stocks these?

Yes you can find it at Cycle Pro

lerouc, Nov 17 2016 08:24

So Earle send me a message saying he wants to give me the new improved version with the stitching and after saying i would return the old pair he said no i can keep the old ones and he will give me a new pair as well.

Was delivered today free of charge!!!!  :w00t:

What a great customer service! Thanks Earle!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: