No more missing out with cSixx's FOAMO tyre inserts

Ever been stuck half way up the mountain with an irreparable pinch flat or damaged rim having to watch your friends ride off while you are left to walk your bike down?

No more Fear Of Missing Out with the cSixx FOAMO inserts!!

cSixx FOAMO 2.jpg

cSixx FOAMO 7.jpg

cSixx FOAMO 6.jpg

cSixx FOAMO inserts help:
  • Prevent pinch flats
  • Protect your rims
It also assists with
  • Easier Tubeless setup
  • Non-Absorbant (won't suck up sealant)
  • Weighs >100grams
Our inserts provide a protective layer between your rim & tyre which helps prevent Pinch flat, damaged Rims and gives a dampened feel on harsh Impacts.

cSixx FOAMO 8.jpg

They also help with inflating your tubeless setup so you don't have to use a compressor (dependent on rim & tire combo).

Weighs in at just over 100 grams and don't worry it won't suck up your Stans!

Specification options:

Price: R295 per tyre. Buy here.

Wide size: For 2.25 - 2.4 tyres. Outer tyre measurement 56 mm - 61 mm.

X - Wide size: For 2.5 - 2.6 tyres. Outer tyre measurement 61 mm - 66 mm.

cSixx FOAMO 4.jpg

cSixx FOAMO 3.jpg

Double Decker
  • Available in Wide & X-Wide
  • For the more aggressive riders who are hucking into rock gardens or just want that extra peace of mind.

15 Comments

Mongooser, Jul 10 2017 12:08

no 26er inserts!?!

outrageous

JohanMalan, Jul 10 2017 12:37

Just cut a piece off the end and re-do 2 holes?

mada3400, Jul 10 2017 02:01

cool but how do they fit inside my tubes?

xcd, Jul 10 2017 02:08

They are made for tubeless tyres

AdrianDJ, Jul 10 2017 02:20

You cut the tube open, slide the foam insert inside and then use a couple of patches and glue the tube back together 

Jewbacca, Jul 10 2017 02:43

You buy 2 per wheel and use them instead of tubes. 

mada3400, Jul 10 2017 06:54

i guess they must come in pill form like those bath dinosaurs that you can insert into your tubes through the valve, then just some water in there and youre good to go!

NicoBoshoff, Jul 11 2017 08:25

"weighs > 100grams"

Cool, like, how much more? 10 000 000kg? 101g?  Not that weight on my wheels matter, but just being a nerd...

Moridin, Jul 11 2017 10:31

Didn't work out so well for Aaron Gwin...

fusion01, Jul 11 2017 12:50

"Ever been stuck half way up the mountain with an irreparable pinch flat or damaged rim having to watch your friends ride off while you are left to walk your bike down?" - errrm, no.

flowCountry, Jul 11 2017 01:26

Didn't work out so well for Aaron Gwin...

Gwin is on a completely different System called the flat tire Defender

http://flattiredefender.com/

I'm running the FOAMO already and it protects my tires and rims very well! :)

mountainfun, Jul 16 2017 10:07

Their slogan must be coming back to (snake) bite them...

"Losing your mind is one thing...

Losing a race because of a flat tyre unacceptable!"

Headshot, Jul 26 2017 11:30

How necessary is this for ali rims I wonder? I get the pinch flat protection but my last two flats resulted in holes through the tread as well as an at the rim puncture. The rims themselves (Flows) were pretty much unscathed. I suspect these things have arrived on teh market as a direct response to easily damaged carbon rims being more popular. For 100g a wheel and R600 I'd be tempted to simply buy a good ali wheel set and save many thousands of Rand. 

Skylark, Jul 26 2017 11:54

That is a shedload of cash for what is just profiled closed cell foam, I'm pretty sure I could DIY something to work with very similar results using a strip of 20mm x 50mm wide(tweak to suit your tyre width) closed cell foam, which from past experience buying foam it will cost around R100 for both wheels from the local rubber and foam shop. The big advantage with these is the channel cut-out in the middle that make them a more universal fit but seeing with DIY you can custom the width to suit your tyres that's not really an issue.

Bibi, Aug 01 2017 01:47

A must have fo sho