Promotions

Register your Santa Cruz

· By Press Office · 32 comments

Santa Cruz and Juliana bikes are backed with what must be the most “all encompassing” warranty in the industry, with a lifetime warranty on the frame, but also on the linkage bearings and link components.

Find out how to get the most from your Santa Cruz warranty and the best aftersales service by registering your bike.

Why should you register?

• To get included in our Santa Cruz owners club and gain exclusive access to invite-only events, product launches, riding days, demo sessions and many, many more value-packed bonuses.
  • To ensure you get the best after sales support from our team of experts.
  • To be sure that you get the benefits from Santa Cruz’s frame, bearing and handlebar warranty program.

How do you register?

• Complete Warranty Registration Form at the time of purchase, OR if you are an existing owner simply complete the form NOW by Clicking HERE
  • Once form is completed and submitted you will receive a confirmation email from our team, and from this day forward your day as a Santa Cruz owner will never be the same again.

How do you open a warranty claim?

• Ensure that you have first completed the Warranty Registration Form
  • If you are opening a warranty claim against a frame then complete and submit a Warranty Claim Form OR, if you are wanting to open a claim for bearings simply complete the Warranty Bearing Replacement Form
  • Once you have submitted the claim form(s) above, simply sit back and enjoy our insanely good service.
  • If you have any other questions, or would like to follow up on a warranty claim, contact our Warranty Department.

ccs-62657-0-80387900-1486356972.jpg

What is Santa Cruz warranty policy?

Lifetime Frame Warranty

Santa Cruz Bicycles will repair or replace at its option any frame it determines to be defective. The warranty will be in effect for lifetime of the original, registered owner. In order to confirm that you are the original owner, please register using our Warranty Registration Form at the time of purchase. Frames purchased prior to May 1, 2015 will be covered under the previously existing 5 year warranty. Warranties do not cover custom finishes.

Lifetime Bearing Warranty

Santa Cruz Bicycles pivot bearings are warranted for life to the original owner of the bike. The return process is simple: fill out the Warranty Bearing Replacement Form, upload a copy of your purchase receipt, and we’ll get a new set of bearings out to you within 48 hours!

ccs-62657-0-00291800-1486356977.jpg

Handlebars

Santa Cruz carbon handlebars are warrantied for a period of five years from the date of purchase.

No-Fault Replacement

Santa Cruz Bicycles will make replacement frame parts available to the original owner at a minimal charge in the event of a crash or other non-warranty situation for the life of the bike.

How to File a Warranty Claim

Something not right? Use our Warranty Claim Form to file a warranty claim. We’ll do everything we can to get you back to riding as fast as possible.

If you have any other questions, or would like to follow up on a warranty claim, contact our Warranty Department.

ccs-62657-0-90388100-1486356982.jpg
ccs-62657-0-60416800-1486356986.jpg

FAQ:

1. What happens if I’m not the first owner?
    • We want to encourage every Santa Cruz owner to register their frame online, regardless of whether they are the first owner or not. The warranty is only valid for the first owner, however we will assess and assist every claim that is raised on a registered frame, and our intention is to assist and support ALL Santa Cruz owners.

[*]Where do I find my frame serial number?

• Serial numbers are at least 10 digits long, and you can find them HERE.

[*]What if I don’t have a purchase receipt?

• A purchase receipt is required to validate every warranty claim, as it indicates where and when the frame was purchased, if you do not have your purchase receipt at the time of completing the Warranty Registration Form, I suggest uploading a word file containing a brief explanation of how / where you purchased the frame.

[*]What happens if I have more than one frame?

• We require a completed registration form for each unique serial number, so if you have more than one Santa Cruz, please submit a registration for each?

For more information on Santa Cruz bikes, head over to the South African website.

Related posts

Comments

_im_from_earth

Feb 6, 2017, 11:04 AM

Promise I will register mine this week...

dwinter

Feb 6, 2017, 3:19 PM

Why create all these expectations that you'll get amazing after-sales service when you register and then when you click on the Bearing Warranty link you get sent to the US site, which says if you're outside the US, etc you need to contact a local dealer.... awesome...ok, so I must contact my LBS who will give me the usual blank stare when I ask them for more bearings, or try and charge me.... FAIL. Great product, but service...eish..not so much.

_im_from_earth

Feb 6, 2017, 4:24 PM

Why create all these expectations that you'll get amazing after-sales service when you register and then when you click on the Bearing Warranty link you get sent to the US site, which says if you're outside the US, etc you need to contact a local dealer.... awesome...ok, so I must contact my LBS who will give me the usual blank stare when I ask them for more bearings, or try and charge me.... FAIL. Great product, but service...eish..not so much.

Hi Dwinter

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I would be more than willing to run through the process and requirements with you, as the post entails, this is a huge selling point of the bikes, and a process we are working to streamline. Drop me a DM with your details and I'll give you a buzz?

V12man

Feb 6, 2017, 5:14 PM

Promise I will register mine this week...

If you don't.... the grumpy old coot is gonna get you.... then you will be from heaven... ;)
_im_from_earth

Feb 6, 2017, 5:38 PM

If you don't.... the grumpy old coot is gonna get you.... then you will be from heaven... ;)

And yes Iwan, there is a bike check coming too ;)

Though that will be in a different section altogether...

_im_from_earth

Feb 6, 2017, 5:43 PM

To answer your question more thoroughly, yes, it does indeed warn you to "contact your region's distributor to make a bearing warranty claim" if you are outside this US, this is merely to simplify the process and direct through the local distributor. However, as you may have seen, we have fully integrated with Santa Cruz and Juliana on localized sites which means ALL claims generated work through our CRM system if the user selects his / her country as South Africa.

So, as the post indicated, if a user registers their purchase, then registers a claim should he / she need to, the claim will be dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible and will be tracked and traced by both Santa Cruz in the US as well as through us.

V12man

Feb 6, 2017, 6:16 PM

And yes Iwan, there is a bike check coming too ;)

Though that will be in a different section altogether...

Is that the HOT section... where you grow horns... :)
#Pete#

Feb 6, 2017, 6:44 PM

My linkage bearings seized (after perhaps a less than ideal service following the Imana wild ride).

Santa Cruz sent me a whole new frame. No Questions asked by LBS or SC.

Believe the hype!

dwinter

Feb 6, 2017, 7:07 PM

To answer your question more thoroughly, yes, it does indeed warn you to "contact your region's distributor to make a bearing warranty claim" if you are outside this US, this is merely to simplify the process and direct through the local distributor. However, as you may have seen, we have fully integrated with Santa Cruz and Juliana on localized sites which means ALL claims generated work through our CRM system if the user selects his / her country as South Africa.

So, as the post indicated, if a user registers their purchase, then registers a claim should he / she need to, the claim will be dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible and will be tracked and traced by both Santa Cruz in the US as well as through us.

Hi I'm From Earth,

Thanks for your response. I'm still not sure I understand the process 100%, but nevertheless I've submitted a bearing warranty claim via the US site as you suggested (included my purchase invoice) and - from what you've explained - will your CRM system pick up my claim and sort it out? Or do I still need to contact my local SC dealer? 

_im_from_earth

Feb 7, 2017, 5:19 AM

My linkage bearings seized (after perhaps a less than ideal service following the Imana wild ride).

Santa Cruz sent me a whole new frame. No Questions asked by LBS or SC.

Believe the hype!

Imana: where metal goes to die!

Goblin

Feb 9, 2017, 1:21 PM

So how do we determine if our registration was successful.

I registered late last year and it has been suspiciously silent with regards to the following :  

"Santa Cruz owners club and gain exclusive access to invite-only events, product launches, riding days, demo sessions and many, many more value-packed bonuses."

Have yet to see any of those....

_im_from_earth

Feb 9, 2017, 4:05 PM

So how do we determine if our registration was successful.

I registered late last year and it has been suspiciously silent with regards to the following :  

"Santa Cruz owners club and gain exclusive access to invite-only events, product launches, riding days, demo sessions and many, many more value-packed bonuses."[/size]

Have yet to see any of those....

Keep your eyes peeled. We've only assumed the agency from 1st Jan, bikes are on the water at the moment with ETA 2rd week of Feb, and the first events to kick off from the end of this month. We will be listing upcoming demo and other events here: 

https://www.rushsports.co.za/pages/demo-tour

and here:

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-ZA/south-african-demo-tour

Pikey

Feb 9, 2017, 6:03 PM

Registered my tallboy 2 ???????????? and received confirmation from SC .

JXV

Feb 10, 2017, 5:30 AM

Registered my LTc but I have to depressure the shock and cycle the suspension on the Hightower to get at the serial number ....what a dumb place to put it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

KingTJ

Feb 10, 2017, 7:09 AM

I was just wondering does my secondhand SC qualify for this registration or just new bikes? ( my understanding is that it does not qualify)

_im_from_earth

Feb 10, 2017, 7:26 AM

I was just wondering does my secondhand SC qualify for this registration or just new bikes? ( my understanding is that it does not qualify)

We want ALL Santa Cruz customers to register!

FAQ:
  • What happens if I'm not the first owner?
    • We want to encourage every Santa Cruz owner to register their frame online, regardless of whether they are the first owner or not. The warranty is only valid for the first owner, however we will assess and assist every claim that is raised on a registered frame, and our intention is to assist and support ALL Santa Cruz owners.

So, what you need to do is create a word doc that gives a basic explanation of how / where and when you purchased your bike, and then follow the regular registration process and use this word doc as the file you upload as your proof of purchase / receipt.

_im_from_earth

Feb 10, 2017, 9:24 AM

Thats not the worst of them I'm afraid... but thanks for the effort!

Shebeen

Feb 10, 2017, 10:02 AM

hmmmm, wonder if my 2002 superlight needs registering?! 

_im_from_earth

Feb 10, 2017, 12:30 PM

hmmmm, wonder if my 2002 superlight needs registering?! 

Definitely! I want a photo of that for the archives too please?!

Spannervalley

Feb 10, 2017, 2:04 PM

I am thinking of getting a double suss tallboy. Most of my riding is marathon type stuff. Not too worried about trail performance - just comfort on long days on gravel roads. The Tallboy has a horizontal back shock setup so I have two questions. Is the geometry comfortable and is the pedal stroke efficient - I have heard the vertical shock setup - like the Giant maestro has less peddle bob.

Can anyone verify?

JXV

Feb 10, 2017, 5:08 PM

Tallboy pedal bob is not an issue if you buy a frame with the original oe shock and keep it properly maintained.

My LTc came with a Fox Factory CTD shock. Works exactly as it says on the tin if you keep it serviced. Practically locked out in Climb mode but still compliant over harsh bumps.

Don't forget it has VPP suspension links . Chain tension caused by pedalling works against suspension movement by tucking the lower link up against the bb.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

_im_from_earth

Feb 10, 2017, 7:02 PM

I am thinking of getting a double suss tallboy. Most of my riding is marathon type stuff. Not too worried about trail performance - just comfort on long days on gravel roads. The Tallboy has a horizontal back shock setup so I have two questions. Is the geometry comfortable and is the pedal stroke efficient - I have heard the vertical shock setup - like the Giant maestro has less peddle bob.

Can anyone verify?

One day... and this is not the forum for it, we will go into an explanation on suspension designs and their benefits. There are some pretty common misconceptions out there and "false" truths about various bikes and designs. The orientation of the shock has little to no impact on the pedaling, breaking or bump absorbing performance of the bike. The engineering and mechanics is a far more complex explanation, but needs to take into account the instant centre, chain torque, rider centre of gravity etc. Long and short in respect to Santa Cruz, is that the suspension design uses what is called a virtual pivot which is created as a result of the counter rotating links, one of which is also used to drive the shock. The orientation of the shock has zero effect on the suspension efficiency as this is determined by the linkage.

_im_from_earth

Feb 10, 2017, 7:06 PM

Here's some weekend reading on the topic (exam is on Monday)

VPP: https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/virtual-pivot-point-vpp-suspension-design

Axle Path: https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/news/344

Instant Centre Migration: https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/news/346

Pikey

Feb 10, 2017, 8:09 PM

Can anyone verify?

that it's rocks

Add a comment

You must log in to comment