Promotions

SMASHA, the all-new, all-natural sports fuel

Supplied by SMASHA.

· By Press Office · 0 comments

This story began when the owners of a baby food factory started hearing reports about athletes consuming their product during ultra-endurance events like the Epic. Some investigation revealed that because their premium baby food was nutritionally dense it was a pretty good choice for replenishing energy stores during strenuous exercise.

ccs-62657-0-13515300-1539931021.jpg

With the owners of the baby food factory being enthusiastic runners and cyclists themselves, they decided to push the concept further and after extensive development and testing, SMASHA was born.

Each 120 g spouted pouch contains a tested combination of fruit, vegetables and a little pea protein, designed to provide you with a steady release of energy. Formulated to be easy to eat and digest, SMASHA is also allergen free and contains no added sugars, salts nor any artificial additives. This ingredient profile makes SMASHA quite unique in the sports supplement sector.

The energy release is much smoother than what you might be used to.

And thanks to its all-natural ingredients, SMASHA is very different in the way that it provides energy. Says Neil Andrew, one of the company founders, ‘The energy release is much smoother than what you might be used to. During product trials we didn’t understand all the feedback. Some participants said they couldn’t feel it working. But when we asked about them about their performance, we discovered they often tended to do better and/or feel better when using SMASHA.

ccs-62657-0-03316100-1539931024.jpg

When they said they couldn’t feel it working what they were actually saying was that they didn’t experience the ‘energy spike’ they were anticipating. Because that’s the thing about SMASHA, it doesn’t spike, it fuels. As I like to say, it’s because it comes out of a food factory, not a chemical lab. One of the key advantages for me is that I can go for multi-hour rides using SMASHA and I don’t have any worries about stomach upsets.’

…it comes out of a food factory, not a chemical lab.

SMASHA launched with two variants, Endurance and Boost. The first is designed to fuel your body during multi-hour events while the second has been optimised to produce a more intense flow of energy – for that big climb or the sprint finish.

The Baby Food Company (yes, that’s their name) is now selling SMASHA online (www.smasha.co.za) with plans to eventually move into the retail sector. They’re currently working on a recovery variant of SMASHA. And for the record, SMASHA isn’t suitable for babies!

SMASHA is sold in boxes of 5 or 10, in mixed or single variants. A 10 pack costs between R200 and R250, while you’ll pay R100 for a 5-pack. Excluding delivery. Available online at www.smasha.co.za. For more information contact info@smasha.co.za
ccs-62657-0-57680200-1539931026.jpg
ccs-62657-0-02297100-1539931023.jpg

Giveaway:

The winner of the SMASHA hamper valued at R500 is Shaun Gray.

Tags:

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment