Promotions

South Industries #handgemaak carbon rims are now available online direct to customers

· By Press Office · 4 comments

In an effort to better service our customers South Industries has launched a new ecommerce website. Local and international customers can now order our #handgemaak carbon rims and standard hand-built wheelsets online. We have partnered with key retailers in various regions to offer service and back-up to customers if needed. Our full product range will be available to view at these official South Industries Service Centres.

From humble beginnings in 2015, South Industries has steadily been improving and expanding our range of products. Extensive investment in our production facility has allowed us to improve accuracy and repeatability in our processes which has enabled us to manufacture our rims to even higher quality and improve the performance.

ccs-144148-0-08616200-1576145069.jpg
ccs-144148-0-66348600-1576139265.jpg

We are very proud to still be the only 100% locally manufactured composite bicycle part manufacturer in South Africa with 100% of our #handgemaak carbon products being design and manufactured right here in South Africa.

Over the last four years our #handgemaak rims have been race proven winning numerous titles across all mountain biking disciplines. These include 6 Elite South African National XCM titles, Cape Epic stage wins, 3 African Continental XCO Championship gold medals, 4 Namibian National XCM titles, 4 Namibian XCO titles, 2 South African National Enduro titles and an age group podium at the Trans Provence Enduro.

ccs-144148-0-50905100-1576139273.jpg
ccs-144148-0-92642000-1576139280.jpg

Having our products raced at the highest level has enabled us to constantly test and improve them to the point where we can now offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY on our range of carbon rims. All new South Industries rims will now be covered by our lifetime warranty to be free from manufacturing defects in material and/or workmanship and we also now offer a lifetime crash replacement policy. More details are available on our website.

We are also excited to launch our new GX all road rim. Designed to meet the needs of the new generation of disc brake-equipped all-road bikes. The 22mm internal width and hookless bead was designed to pair faultlessly with the latest generation of tubeless gravel and road tyres. Suitable for 28mm to 45mm tyres. Extensive field testing has shown this rim to be very capable on and off road.

ccs-144148-0-44121900-1576139391.jpg
ccs-144148-0-03696100-1576139381.jpg
Go check out our full product range at www.southindustries.cc

ccs-144148-0-39679200-1576139386.jpg

Related posts

Comments

babse

Dec 13, 2019, 9:59 AM

shew been drooling over a set of those XC rims for a while 

'Dale

Dec 13, 2019, 2:54 PM

If I was a seriaas bergie, I’d be compelled to get me this ????

Yo-Yo

Dec 13, 2019, 3:48 PM

Nice rims and glad they are backing themselves with the warranty. Would have hoped that the prices would have come down a bit now they cut out the middle man but still good value overall for a local made product. On par with the likes of We Are One Composites out of Kamloops in Canada and (in my opinion) the gold standard of that segment of the market.

Brandon P

Dec 20, 2019, 5:04 AM

Got myself a set of these hoops on my MTB in October and although I haven't had a chance to do as much mileage on them as I would have liked yet, I am loving them.

They're 5mm wider internally than my previous rims which I really feel - seem to have a bigger tire pressure range, i.e. performance is less sensitive to tire pressure and I can of course go softer if I want.
Main reason I made the change is because I managed to break both my previous wheels in a minor fall and felt the upgrade to decent carbon rims (spoilt myself) would give me more reliable wheels. This was confirmed in discussion with my wheel builder and his experience building different types of rims.

The downside is I cringe every time I hear a rock catch the side of them.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment