The Bell Way: A look at the 2018 MTB helmet range

Bell exists to inspire and enable the next generation of boundary breakers. It is built from auto racing, motorcycle and bicycle culture. We don’t just make helmets; we make possibilities. Born in a garage. Fueled by grease and will. Guided by pure intent to encourage the world to live, ride, drive and thrive. Hand-in-hand with the world’s best drivers and riders, Bell continues to enable the world’s best to be their best…as it always has. Bell—Established 1954. Proven ever since.

Bell 4Forty

Full-On Fun

Mountain biking is a demanding sport – compromises and shortcuts when it comes to gear are never a good idea. The 4Forty is built to withstand the rigours of a trail riding life; with generous ventilation, the comfort of Float Fit and built-in Sweat Guide, extended rear coverage, a full hard-shell, adjustable visor, and the option of integrated MIPS protection. Boasting the comfort, protection and capable features of helmets costing twice as much, the 4Forty is an all-conditions, all-kinds of trail champion

bell-4forty-mountain-helmet-matte-gloss-black-fr.jpg

4Forty_Mt-Gls-Hbscs-Smoke_FR.jpg

4Forty_Mt-Gls-Smoke-Pear_FR.jpg

Features

• Float Fit™
  • Fusion In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell
  • Goggleguide™ Adjustable Visor System
  • No-Twist Tri-Glides™
  • Sweat Guide™ Padding

Specifications

Weight: 338 Grams
Vents: 15
Certification: CE EN1078 & CPSC Bicycle

Bell Hela

A Diamond for the rough

Fit, form, function – Hela offers all these without compromise. Deep coverage wrapped in a tough hard shell combined with optional integrated MIPS offers secure protection, while the adjustable visor, Float Fit retention and our innovative Sweat Guide lining pad that protection with unparalleled comfort. When the mountains call, reach for Hela.

bell-hela-joy-ride-mountain-helmet-matte-gloss-lead-stone-fr.jpg

bell-hela-joy-ride-mountain-helmet-matte-gloss-navy-cherry-fibers-fr.jpg

Features

• Float Fit™
  • Goggleguide™ Adjustable Visor System
  • No-Twist Tri-Glides™
  • Sweat Guide™ Padding

Specifications

Weight: 338 Grams
Vents: 15

Bell Falcon Mips

Survival of the fit

We have worked tirelessly to refine the fit of our helmets, so that they represent the pinnacle of comfort. This philosophy starts with our flagship Z20 and extends throughout our range. The Falcon represents the same attention to fit and finish that we feel defines quality. It utilizes integrated MIPS, offering comprehensive energy management as well as allowing for a sleeker, more compact overall design. Multi-adjustable Float Fit retention and our unique Sweat Guide further enhance fit, while generous vents and wind-cheating aerodynamics provide ample airflow to keep things cool. The Falcon is the easy choice for all roads, wherever they may lead.

Falcon-MIPS_Mt-Gls-Wht-Smoke_FR.jpg

Falcon-MIPS_Mt-Gls-Blk_FR.jpg

Falcon-MIPS_Gls-Wht-Infrared-Blk_FR.jpg

Features

• Float Fit™
  • Lightweight Internal Polycarbonate Roll Cage
  • MIPS®️-Equipped
  • No-Twist Tri-Glides™
  • Rear Reflective Strip
  • Sweat Guide™ Padding

Specifications

Weight: 297 Grams
Vents: 18
Certifications: CE EN1078 & CPSC Bicycle

Bell Drifter

Climb the ranks

The sleek shape gets plenty of attention but the real story with Drifter is its incredible versatility. With a trim, compact profile, massive ventilation and superb Float Fit system, you can wear it day in and day out on your regular ride. The removable visor and option of integrated MIPS energy management makes Drifter also perfectly suitable for an all-day epic ride on the weekend.

Drifter_Mt-Gls-Wht-Slv_FR.jpg

Drifter_Mt-Gls-Red-Blk_FR.jpg

Drifter_Mt-Gls-Blk-Gunmetal_FR.jpg

Features

• Float Fit™
  • No-Twist Tri-Glides™
  • Removable Visor
  • Sweat Guide™ Padding

Specifications

Weight: 272 Grams
Vents: 19

15 Comments

Thermophage, Feb 21 2018 08:38

Oh look at those BEAUTIFUL Super 3R and Super DH lids...oh wait the importer supplier refuses to bring them into the country...sigh

BikeGenie, Feb 21 2018 08:43

I wonder if I'm now able to get replacement parts for my Super 3R.... What?!  No I cant.....

Robbow, Feb 21 2018 09:52

Who's the Importer?

Guessing by the comments above I think I know.

Hairy, Feb 21 2018 10:00

you guys can always contact the following person .... details from their site, so freely available to the public should admin question me posting personal details here.

Product Manager 
Petri Strydom: petri@omnico.co.za

The service I have received from Omnico with three of their brands has been exceptional to date ... are you boys sure it is not your LBS who is not doing the work for you and blaming it on the suppliers .... yes the above has turned me into a Omnico "fan boy", but it is something I think they earned from me.

Robbow, Feb 21 2018 10:47

Knew it :thumbdown:

OMNICO can keep their bad service to themselves, will never buy anything from them again

Thermophage, Feb 21 2018 11:57

you guys can always contact the following person .... details from their site, so freely available to the public should admin question me posting personal details here.

Product Manager 

The service I have received from Omnico with three of their brands has been exceptional to date ... are you boys sure it is not your LBS who is not doing the work for you and blaming it on the suppliers .... yes the above has turned me into a Omnico "fan boy", but it is something I think they earned from me.

Yes, 100% sure. LBS (multiple) have said Omnico are not bringing in the Super 2R or later models because there's "no market for it"...

BikeGenie, Feb 21 2018 12:18

Product Manager 

That's exactly who i contacted first. Alas...

Christie, Feb 21 2018 12:45

A look at the 2018 prices would be useful, too.

Headshot, Feb 21 2018 05:02

The acronym and ad speak generators were set to the max for this one

Eddy Gordo, Feb 21 2018 08:51

Product Manager 

I have done that in the past, they are not interested as the market share is too small, according to them

Bizkit031, Feb 22 2018 06:21

Omnico are useless,have been told by them that they won’t bring in certain helmets because there is no market for it yet other brands who bring in the helmets for Enduro and DH are selling like hot cakes. OMNICO is only interested in serving the XCO/Marathon market,and lets be honest their service sucks real bad.

shammy_rash, Feb 22 2018 10:08

Omnico are useless,have been told by them that they won’t bring in certain helmets because there is no market for it yet other brands who bring in the helmets for Enduro and DH are selling like hot cakes. OMNICO is only interested in serving the XCO/Marathon market,and lets be honest their service sucks real bad.

Very interesting comments here , but also very uneducated .

If you had the correct info you would not be slamming Omnico.

1. There are 6 different vendors that supply Omnico with  Helmets
  2. Each vendor does 2 or 3 models of the Bell range
  3. There are Global MOQ’s that needs to be met to order these helmets, so if its selling slow globally the production line / order window is cancelled for that month ( so seasons affect it)
  4. They need to fill containers to keep costs low to the consumers
  5. The vendor supplying the Super 3R produces other helmets that are not suitable for the market, E.g. commuting , and and
  6. Which means they need to import an entire 20f container of just Super 3R….. Hence the market is too small comment
  7. Sitting on that amount of helmets for 2-3 years is not profitable

We are however in negotiations no have these airfreighted in from a different warehouse , but will only know if this is allowed in the next week. As you know there are different certifications for different countries so this also need to be negotiated.

Petri

Shebeen, Feb 22 2018 10:30

Very interesting comments here , but also very uneducated .

If you had the correct info you would not be slamming Omnico.

1. There are 6 different vendors that supply Omnico with  Helmets
  2. Each vendor does 2 or 3 models of the Bell range
  3. There are Global MOQ’s that needs to be met to order these helmets, so if its selling slow globally the production line / order window is cancelled for that month ( so seasons affect it)
  4. They need to fill containers to keep costs low to the consumers
  5. The vendor supplying the Super 3R produces other helmets that are not suitable for the market, E.g. commuting , and and
  6. Which means they need to import an entire 20f container of just Super 3R….. Hence the market is too small comment
  7. Sitting on that amount of helmets for 2-3 years is not profitable

We are however in negotiations no have these airfreighted in from a different warehouse , but will only know if this is allowed in the next week. As you know there are different certifications for different countries so this also need to be negotiated.

Anyway , do with the info what you want.

Petri

Fair enough answer there...but the point remains, that there does seem to be demand, so you need to find a way to supply - and the rock and hard place is where people start self importing.

incidentally, seem to be lots of Bell haters here, have had their helmets before and have thought that they offer decent bang for buck in a market where everything costs way too much.

BUT if you want another reason not to like them, go gun for these brands

https://www.bikebiz....e-brand-boycott

Capricorn, Feb 23 2018 09:55

love their designs, but absolutely loathe that brand logo. It's so darn dated, bland, boring, tasteless. IMO of course.

bologniusmaximus, Feb 28 2018 10:17

That's exactly who i contacted first. Alas...

What happened?