The RKT 9 RDO is intended to do one thing very well—fly. All stops were pulled to create the most efficient full suspension race-worthy short travel sled. The frame is constructed using our RDO Carbon Compaction technology, which utilizes highly resilient fibers to provide front and rear triangles that are incredibly lightweight and durable. Punish it on daylong epics and be amazed—it will keep coming back for more despite its featherweight feel.
Our patented CVA linkage design allows for pedal forces to operate independently of rear wheel travel, providing every ounce of the rider’s hard-earned energy a clear path to the pedals, and after extensive testing, our engineers optimized the linkage and bearings to produce the lightest, stiffest version of CVA to date. No detail was overlooked.
A 73MM PF30 BB provides compatibility with the latest 1x and more conventional multiple ring drivetrain configurations and can be adapted to a threaded bottom bracket via adaptors. Frame sizes medium and larger have water bottle mounts on both the underside of the down tube and within the front triangle allowing for ample hydration during longer marathon-style endurance events. When the racing gets rough, the frame finds protection behind titanium frame plates which guard against the potential of a dropped chain, while clear protective decals add impact resistance to common rock-strike and high- abuse areas.
The RKT’s 439mm chainstay length provides the perfect balance of acceleration, climbing traction and the ability to carve up the racetrack. The RKT is the first Niner to feature Boost 148mm x 12mm rear spacing and has clearance for up to 2.4” tires. This feature allows for a wider spoke interface and an overall stiffer wheel and swingarm combo, enabling you to confidently maintain line selection in the roughest conditions.
Designed around racing performance, the RKT achieves the lowest standover height of any bike in our line up. This low standover height allows the bike to be leaned further to tackle tight corners and switchbacks, and delivers a truly nimble, race-ready ride.
Models and specification:
5-Star XTR 1X - R136,499.00
4-Star X01-RS1 - R107,799.00
4-Star X01 Fox - R96,299.00
3-Star XT 1X - R78,999.00
3-Star XT 2X - R81,899.00
2-Star GX1 - R64,699.00
RKT 9 RDO frame only: R43,399.00
- Carbon full suspension Niner RDO Carbon Compaction System for the ultimate in strength and reliabilty
- 90mm of patented CVA suspension is efficient in every chainring
- Optimized for 100mm forks (also compatible with 120mm forks)
- Tuned for CVA – FOX Float DPS Factory rear shock with 3 position remote lever
- Internal cable routing for a clean setup that is Di2 ready
- Custom forged 6066 alloy suspension linkage is light and stiff
- Boost 148mm x 12mm rear spacing
- 73mm PF30 BB
- PF30 BB is adaptable to threaded BB via adaptors (sold separately)
- Shock size: 165 x 38mm (6.5 X 1.5”) - 90mm travel (3.5”)
- Shock mounting hardware: 21.84 X m8
- Shock sag: 25% (which will move the o-ring 9.5mm down the shaft)
- 30.9 seat post, 370mm recommended
- Internal and external dropper post compatible
- 34.9 seat collar
- S3/ low direct mount front derailleur
- 1.125” X 1.5” tapered integrated (campy style) head tube, headset included, Cane Creek description: is42/28.6 Is52/40
- Sealed cartridge Enduro Max black oxide bearings: (8x) 26x17x5
- Boost 148 x 12mm rear spacing
- Medium, large, xl have one bottle mount under down tube and one bottle mount inside triangle, s and xs have one bottle mount inside triangle
- Titanium frame guards
- Can fit up to a 2.4” Tire (tire sizes vary by brand, some tires may not fit)
- SRAM recommended 2x boost chain rings: 26/39t or lower
- SRAM 1x boost max chain ring clearance: 38t, 168mm Q factor
- Shimano XT m8000 boost recommended 2x chain rings: 28/40t or lower
- Shimano XTR m9020 boost recommended 1x chain ring: 38t or lower