Each 4130 chromoly tube has been custom shaped and butted specially for us by our tube makers. Horizontally ovalized seat stays provide vertical compliance, traction and vibration absorption, while delivering extra lateral stiffness for enhanced power transfer efficiency. The seat tube is an oversized diameter to provide a stiff and efficient peddling platform and core to the frame. It visibly tapers to accommodate the seat post. The oversized down tube is multi-butted for strength and weight. Both the top and down tubes are reinforced at the headtube for extra strength. The double butted top tube is shaped to provide vibration absorption and rigidity around the seat cluster. The top tube is dropped for extra stand over clearance. It allows the rider extra space for positioning themselves. The forged tapered head tube provides a rigid structure to the forks to enhance handling and uses a Zero Stack headset for ease of setup and reliability. This also means the down tube can be attached to the head tube lower down to provide better support to the head tube which in turn enhances steering accuracy.
The new LSL (Long, Slack, Low) geometry provides incredible short stem/wide bar handling and has been developed to accommodate forks up to 140mm travel for full trail taming potential. The frame design is optimized for a 35mm stem length on all frame sizes for incredible confidence inspiring handling in all terrain, uphill, on the flats and downhill. The long frame design and low mounted dual bottle cages on all sizes produces a low centre of gravity for stable handling and allows for plenty of space for frame bags.
The drive side chain stay employs a plate system for massive tyre and chainring clearance without adding unwanted length or complexity. This also allows 6mm offset chainrings to be used even with boost spaced rear hubs. The precision CNC’d sliding dropouts mean any tyre up to 29″ x 3″ wide can be accommodated and allows the chain stay length to be set to suit rider size and desired handling characteristics. Sliding dropouts are also the perfect way to tension the chain when the Tigré is configured as a single speeder.
The BB is a conventional 73mm threaded design for easy availability and reliability. An ISCG 05 mount is provided for versatility; chain guides and bash guards can easily be fitted. External cable routing for derailleur and brakes, internal or external cable routing for stealth dropper posts.
There are virtually no restrictions to tyre choice - the Tigré can fit 29er tyres up to 29er Plus 3″ (75mm) wide with plenty of clearance. While primarily designed for 29er wheels the Tigré can easily accommodate 650b plus tyres and wheels up to 3″ wide as well.
The Tigré can accommodate 142 x 12 and boost 148 x 12 hubs to fit without adapters or fiddling around. Simply fit your wheels, choose the correct thru axle length and ride. We offer both a 142 x 12 and 148 x 12 thru axle at time of purchase or as spares. By designing the Tigré with a 145mm spaced rear end and developing the sliding dropouts with chamfers and tweaked thru axle threads each side of the frame can flex inward or outward 1.5mm to accommodate both hub standards with ease. The frame is designed around 1 x single chainring drivetrains and will work with boost and standard thru axle rear hubs and chainrings/cranks. Maximum chainring size is 36t oval or 38t round with a 3mm or 6mm offset.
- LSL (Long, Slack, Low) geometry provides incredible short stem/wide bar handling
- Can accommodate tyres up to 29 x 3.0”
- Compatible with 142 x 12, and 148 x 12 boost hubs
- Accommodates forks up to 140mm travel
- Comes with headset, rear thru axle, and set clamp
- Custom shaped and specially butted 4130 chromoly tubes
- Horizontally ovalized seat stays for vertical compliance
- Multi butted and oversized down tube for strength and weight
- Reinforced top and down tubes at the headtube for extra strength
- Double butted top tube shaped to provide vibration absorption and rigidity around the seat cluster
- Dropped top tube provides extra stand over clearance
- Forged tapered head tube provides rigid structure to the forks to enhance handling
- Zero Stack headset for ease of setup and reliability
- Precision CNC’d sliding dropouts
- Conventional 73mm threaded BB
- ISO4210 tested for safety and durability
- Optimized for 35mm stem length on all frame sizes
- External cable routing for derailleur and brakes, internal/external cable routing for stealth dropper posts
- Maximum chainring size 36t oval or 38t round with 3mm or 6mm offset