Titan Racing - Vanquish

_MG_9282-Edit.jpg

There needs to be a full bouquet of bikes in every brand stable, ranging through the disciplines as everyone wants options to soothe their latest craving. Titan Racing is no exception to the rule with the launch of their new aero bike, the Vanquish. With everything going aero over the past few years; bikes, bars, and even body hair, it was a natural choice for Titan Racing to grace us with an aero bike in their line up.

Of late, the road scene has been humming with new products. The new Titan Racing Vanquish is for those who want to focus on speed and speed alone. Of all the forces you need to overcome on your bike, one of the greatest energy-sappers is air resistance. Characterised by its wide tube shapes, integrated cockpit, hidden disc brakes, and seat clamp, the Vanquish is a legitimate aero bike. A low weight frameset paired with a decent ride quality delivers a competitive package that feels lightning-fast and is ready to push some big watts.

A high modulus carbon fibre frame produces aerodynamic efficiency and stiffness through the use of kammtail shaped tubes. The aerodynamic shape channels air to pass through freely while remaining lightweight and stiff in its design profile. A wider stance seat stay allows air to pass through the frame, aiding in lateral stiffness and allowing a broad 32mm of tyre clearance. An airfoil seat tube contours and conforms to the shape of the rear wheel. Utilising the FSA aerodynamic cable routing system, the integrated cable routing is fed via the headset into the frame producing a low profile clean finish, keeping the Vanquish posed and sleek. The fork bears no shortcuts, presenting an equally wide stance, increasing airflow, and aiding in stiffness.

_MG_9282-Edit.jpg
_MG_9308.jpg

_MG_9314.jpg
_MG_9311.jpg

_MG_9317.jpg
_MG_9326.jpg

In the line-up, Titan Racing has introduced four Vanquish models; the Team, Pro, Elite, and Comp. Disc brakes are featured throughout the range and the cockpit comprises of an FSA aero bar and stem, and a Prologo saddle. Of the four bikes, the two hero models are the Team and the Pro. Treated to a Reynolds carbon aero wheelset and SRAM AXS E-Tap wireless gearing, these two bikes are serious racing machines with no inadequacies in the spec department. The whole range is wrapped in Vittoria 25c rubber. As with all Titan Racing Bikes, the Vanquish features a unique 5 Year Multi-User Warranty which is transferable between owners for the first 5 years from the original date of purchase.

Vanquish Comp Carbon - RRP 33 999.00
Titan Racing - M21 Vanqusih Comp.jpg

Vanquish Elite Carbon - RRP 46 999.00
Titan Racing - M21 Vanqusih Elite.jpg

Vanquish Pro Carbon - RRP 79 999.00
Titan Racing - M21 Vanqusih Pro.jpg

Vanquish Team Carbon - RRP 119 999.00
Titan Racing - M21 Vanqusih Team.jpg

Vanquish-geometries.png

The popularity of aero bikes and the fascination of going faster with less energy have fueled the demand for product. Certainly, aero bikes are quicker than their round tubed counterparts, and Titan Racing's Vanquish looks the part. While significantly lighter, the aero bike initially drew inspiration from time trial bikes, designed to save you watts by slicing through the air like a freshly sharpened samurai sword. Paired with a balanced combination of speed, weight, and compliance, the Vanquish does just that.

_MG_9073.jpg

15 Comments

Sid the Sloth, Feb 22 2021 02:48

Awesome looking bike. I’m interested to see how much this aero bike ends up weighing. Look forward to seeing them out and about.

Schnavel, Feb 22 2021 03:00

Awesome looking bike. I’m interested to see how much this aero bike ends up weighing. Look forward to seeing them out and about.

Very well priced, compared to the rest of the market!

Also interested in seeing the weights of the different bikes.

DieselnDust, Feb 22 2021 03:04

Don't expect much in terms of weight. To deliver that kind of value there won't be much ultra high modulus carbon fibre and a lot of medium to high modulus I. E.T700 and T800 fibres.
Good enough for everyone except the bike snobs

mecheng89, Feb 22 2021 03:43

Download attachment: _MG_9282-Edit.jpg

There needs to be a full bouquet of bikes in every brand stable, ranging through the disciplines as everyone wants options to soothe their latest craving. Titan Racing is no exception to the rule with the launch of their new aero bike, the Vanquish. With everything going aero over the past few years; bikes, bars, and even body hair, it was a natural choice for Titan Racing to grace us with an aero bike in their line up.

Click here to view the article

Don't forget about aero-gel. Banned immediately by the UCI. 

Pure Savage, Feb 22 2021 07:24

They should hurry up an launch a TT bike...

shaper, Feb 22 2021 07:38

They should hurry up an launch a TT bike...

Been around for over a year https://www.titanrac...m/product/pace/

OVERDRIVE, Feb 22 2021 07:42

Don't expect much in terms of weight. To deliver that kind of value there won't be much ultra high modulus carbon fibre and a lot of medium to high modulus I. E.T700 and T800 fibres.

If they still complain then I don't know what they want-not everyone will be on an SL7, not everyone will be in a Lambo. I will get that Elite Comp after winter all things equal...

Hendrikvh, Feb 22 2021 08:24

All the links link to the comp carbon. ☹️

Jewbacca, Feb 22 2021 08:36

If they still complain then I don't know what they want-not everyone will be on an SL7, not everyone will be in a Lambo. I will get that Elite Comp after winter all things equal...

One thing you must understand is that quite a number of guys here will bash on about the one singular weight metric to the point of complaining that a TT bike is heavy (while having never ridden a real ITT), compare every bike released to the lightest in class regardless of relevance, push less than 4w/kg at sustained effort and have absolutely no interest in actually buying said bike. 

Also, I will say it for them - disc brakes, absolute rubbish, purely marketing. The companies are MAKING you buy disc brake bikes AND forcing the worlds top riders to ride said heavy, rubbish disc brake bikes despite them being heavier and rubbish.

Don't waste your money, buy a rim brake super light bike, no matter what your purpose, it is bettererer  :ph34r:  :mellow:

Shane__bob, Feb 23 2021 07:11

Hmm. Do you really think this is good value? 

You can get a Canyon for a very thousand cheaper with similar spec. And I kind of feel that Titan is modeling themselves after Canyon, from what I am seeing at least. Even this frame has a few similarities here and there with the new Aeoroad. 

I would honestly bank on Canyon being built better / better quality materials. 

Or maybe I am missing something here haha. 

Their TT frame which was linked above, is absurdly expensive for being an open mold frame which you can buy at  a fraction of the price online.

Pure Savage, Feb 23 2021 08:45

You can get a Canyon for a very thousand cheaper with similar spec. And I kind of feel that Titan is modeling themselves after Canyon, from what I am seeing at least. Even this frame has a few similarities here and there with the new Aeoroad. 

Their TT frame which was linked above, is absurdly expensive for being an open mold frame which you can buy at  a fraction of the price online.

Maybe you buy a Titan if you would like to Aero tuck or lean on your bike while you wait for your mates.

Kaggel, Feb 23 2021 03:09

I think just cross check your pricing you refer to. I am sure the Titan stuff is much cheaper (and available). The Titan price is "what you see is what you get". The Canyon the price listed on the site excludes shipping, duties and VAT so the landed cost is much higher (for a complete bike listed at R50 000 on the site expect to pay around R70 000 landed depending on exchange rate).

I've had a Canyon, and it was great. But I think the value proposition isn't as good as it first seems on face-value. Especially not with the uncertain supply chain and the lower grade carbon frames (which I had and were super heavy).

Perhaps quote the landed price of a similarly specc'ed Canyon vs the Titan Racing bike to see what you're on about. Apples-with-apples

TiffanyKeep, Feb 23 2021 04:53

Pro and team edition are a similar weight of just over 8kg for a size 56. This is including pedals and two bottle cages - pretty much on par with aero bikes of many other brands.

Underachiever, Feb 24 2021 05:14

Pro and team edition are a similar weight of just over 8kg for a size 56. This is including pedals and two bottle cages - pretty much on par with aero bikes of many other brands.

If I ignore the hype around disc brakes, aero watts, and such like, then I will still choose my 2004 Giant TCR Composite, which weighs the same.  And I'll take R120k and buy, well, lots of stuff...  

Shane__bob, Feb 28 2021 10:44

I think just cross check your pricing you refer to. I am sure the Titan stuff is much cheaper (and available). The Titan price is "what you see is what you get". The Canyon the price listed on the site excludes shipping, duties and VAT so the landed cost is much higher (for a complete bike listed at R50 000 on the site expect to pay around R70 000 landed depending on exchange rate).

I've had a Canyon, and it was great. But I think the value proposition isn't as good as it first seems on face-value. Especially not with the uncertain supply chain and the lower grade carbon frames (which I had and were super heavy).

Perhaps quote the landed price of a similarly specc'ed Canyon vs the Titan Racing bike to see what you're on about. Apples-with-apples

You're making me regret my words here! Haha.

But yes, I do agree with you, short sighted comment on my side.