Meezo

I got it, I was missing the position of the spring, it's over the lever. Now it's pouring oil and twisting so I have not screwed much.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am misusing this old thread for my problem. I sometimes have pressure when pulling the lever, and sometimes not. Found it impossible to bleed the brakes. I checked for leaks, and have none.

What could be the issue?

air in the system

Already tried bleeding. It just never develops resistance at the lever. I have bled Shimano brakes many times before, but this time I am not coming right. Which makes me thinks the seals are stuffed.

Edited by Moridin

Already tried bleeding. It just never develops resistance at the lever. I have bled Shimano brakes many times before, but this time I am not coming right. Which makes me thinks the seals are stuffed.

sounds like lever is stuffed. Had the same issue last week if it's the left side I have a lever for you. Inbox me if interested.

sounds like lever is stuffed. Had the same issue last week if it's the left side I have a lever for you. Inbox me if interested.

Right side, for the rear brake. But thanks for the offer.

Right side, for the rear brake. But thanks for the offer.

I find rear brakes is very difficult to do especially when you are doing it on your own. Definitely sounds like you are not getting the air all out.

Shimano can go screw themselves.

So I can't get the right hand lever separately. I can't even get just the rear brake assembly separately. I have to buy a whole new brake set because the seals on the piston has gone bad.

They just lost me as customer.

This is just part of the whole cycling industry raping their customers.

Shimano can go screw themselves.

So I can't get the right hand lever separately. I can't even get just the rear brake assembly separately. I have to buy a whole new brake set because the seals on the piston has gone bad.

They just lost me as customer.

This is just part of the whole cycling industry raping their customers.

if you are sure its the seal on the piston then you can take the piston from the left hand lever as offered above by another hubber.

if you are sure its the seal on the piston then you can take the piston from the left hand lever as offered above by another hubber.

If i did not break one small part like a muppet when taking it apart, I would have taken him up on his offer. It's that one small part that retains the piston in the sleeve. And yes, it is different between leftie and rightie. It is very fragile and the twisting of the one part with pliers did it.

If i did not break one small part like a muppet when taking it apart, I would have taken him up on his offer. It's that one small part that retains the piston in the sleeve. And yes, it is different between leftie and rightie. It is very fragile and the twisting of the one part with pliers did it.

I owe you, i might have spare levers, how urgent is it?

Its seems you ok with opening them up? So i could give them to you, to open and use the spares

I owe you, i might have spare levers, how urgent is it?

Its seems you ok with opening them up? So i could give them to you, to open and use the spares

Not very urgent. Ja, no problem opening them up. I know now the trick to opening them up.

Not very urgent. Ja, no problem opening them up. I know now the trick to opening them up.

I'll scratch out those levers and let you know

Which part exactly? This one? 

post-3951-0-34598800-1554895346_thumb.jpg

if so i also broke this when removing it the 1st time but just assembled it exactly the same way & more than a year later it still works 100%