Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Guest Travis.

whaaaahaaa. the okes will moan when I go 67km/h up a 14% gradient.

Better than your normal 73km/h up there...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight's race

Thanks garfield for setting it up....two things like

1.Its at 7pm so allows for everyone to get home in jozi and suicide hour to subside

2.Its not 110km...its a quick 30km go till you blow effort

post-9825-0-03080100-1403524894_thumb.jpg

How does it work for the guys who do not have a trainer with automatic resistance changing acc to route?

I have a CycleOps Fluid2, with a garmin speed/cadence as well as an ANT+ dongle for PC. Will all of that suffice as a start? I'll download the software tonight and give it a shot.

this will work, it may not control the resistance but will convert speed to power.

the trial version of CVT will not allow for online racing but will allow you to play around on one or two routes.

How does it work for the guys who do not have a trainer with automatic resistance changing acc to route?

Julle gaan crook julle blixems!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It won't work I suspect Jaco...you will see tonights race is limited to no "speed to power" or "power to speed" trainers.

all CycleOps trainers are power tuned so based on wheel speed we can calculate power based on wheel speed. from this power they can guesstimate your speed based on known power, weight and grade.

OK boys, i will give my legs a rest tomorrow im in for tonight. :)

Ag fook...garfield. We are screwed...I check Dave's power numbers and lets just say we are going to need a leadout train(read my washing machine motor). :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just a joke, the more the merrier.

PS I see there are two races tonight by garfield

one at 7pm and one at 8:30pm....which one are we doing???

Rouxtjie we are riding through a national park so please watch out for the wild animals crossing the road AND PLEASE DO NOT LITTER FFS!!!! 19h00 works for me as I have to bath the baby and then feed the mother. There is another race at 20h30 but depending on how hard the first one is I might skip nr 2. But it will continue regardless. I like the new update. The race stays on the server even if the creator does not pitch it still goes ahead......

PS I see there are two races tonight by garfield

one at 7pm and one at 8:30pm....which one are we doing???

Well lets do the 19h00 for starters. Dessert will be the 20h30 if there are still hungry riders. I count we are 4 then already. Remember to register and then join the race. It opens up 30minutes before the start. So in other words from 18h30 you will be able to join the race and then see the countdown timer.

Rouxtjie we are riding through a national park so please watch out for the wild animals crossing the road AND PLEASE DO NOT LITTER FFS!!!! 19h00 works for me as I have to bath the baby and then feed the mother. There is another race at 20h30 but depending on how hard the first one is I might skip nr 2. But it will continue regardless. I like the new update. The race stays on the server even if the creator does not pitch it still goes ahead......

No littering, but I will have a ciggie at 20km for sure. :whistling:

7 works lekker for me, will register as soon as i get home and do the necessary downloads

So is that all I need?

I don't need any funny dongels

I can just download the app onto my ipad, buy the powerbeam and off I go.

Guys creating an online race takes 5 minutes. What is important however is to ensure the rout you choose has been verified/certified and is also indoor trainer ready. This eliminates all "spikes" and insane faulty gradient readings making the route realistic and enjoyable. I rode an uncertified route once and on the downhill it jumped to positive gradients every now and then making it impossible to go fast down hill. See you tonight. Wear sunscreen.