New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne and Intern, I don't understand something...

I can't see any mud or wet roads anywhere in your pics - are you just fluffing us up with half a story?

I can't see any mud or wet roads anywhere in your pics - are you just fluffing us up with half a story?

i was going to ask the same my other riding partner has lived there now over 5 years all i hear is rain rain rain :eek:  :eek:

dont worry...when i eventually get to ireland I will send you some pictures of rain..ok?

Best things.... Felton Road Pinot, Otago (Pinot central and snow slopes), Montheths, Unbelievably friendly people who actually could be hobbits, the country side, Lake Ohau,  rolling in a Campervan and being loved so much so they put power points in the car parks of the pubs and let you stay, the scenery, the produce & food, L&P, Wanaka, heliboarding, Raglan, public infrastructure and the fact they changed that weird right turn law! Fact their currency is always worse then aussie. And finally terrain that was carved from some trail bike fantasy and just needs some time to get lost with it. Sweet as bro! 

Bad and ugly? Possums are top of the food chain! There are as many social issues and trouble as anywhere in certain parts of and society but I'm no sociologist. A night on the Speights. It rains... alot that's why the nth island is so green and the south island cops so much white stuff. Having to be called 'Bin' and write with a 'pin' and order fush 'n chups. The fact it's along way from Sydney which is a long way from anywhere. Price of property and 60's California baby boomers hammering the price up as they tell you it's just like the US used to be before it sold out. ;)

I love the joint and will be retiring there (if not sooner).