Saddle recover

Hendrik vd Walt

• 2 weeks later...

I love the holey ;) patterns on the above saddles but I prefer not to have any stitching on the saddle, especially near the high wear areas. I find that it either chafes or in the longer term the stitching wears through and come apart. Anyone care to share their experience with stitching?

• 2 weeks later...

I love the holey ;) patterns on the above saddles but I prefer not to have any stitching on the saddle, especially near the high wear areas. I find that it either chafes or in the longer term the stitching wears through and come apart. Anyone care to share their experience with stitching?

I had stitches when I was a kid. Was advertised as dissolvable, but that turned out to be a great big lie! Not a fan since then...

Met up with Garreth and Gavin from www.velobrien.com on Friday. Always nice to meet up with people who are just as passionate about what they do. If al goes well I'll have my first recovered saddle back soon enough and will update on the experience.

I had stitches when I was a kid. Was advertised as dissolvable, but that turned out to be a great big lie! Not a fan since then...

Welcome to The Hub...

• 3 months later...

My old Selle Italia after the brothers from velobrien worked their magic on it.

Very very cool. Love the crow patterns :clap:

Those guys' handiwork is awesome. What's the ballpark cost for a recover?

As received from them:

"We start at R500 for a simple recover. R750-R800 for your level of detail."

To get in touch with them:

velobrien at gmail.com

Gareth O’Brien O82 499 5083

Gavin O’Brien O83 533 1535

Thanks, I also assume this is for genuine leather.

Correct. Genuine leather in a range of colors