No Littering during races - juniors leading the way

I FLY

On Saturday our residential estate was used to host a leg of the Spur School MTB series.

After the last rider finished I rode the course to pick up any papers, gel packets ,etc to prevent our wild animals trying to eat them.

There were over 160 juniors on the course during the day and yet I did not find a single piece on litter.

Then on Sunday my wife and I walked the course again in order to remove all the signage and barrier tape. We only found 4 water bottles that had fallen .

We will ask the local organisers to communicate our thanks to the participating schools.post-43-0-03915400-1434949129_thumb.jpg

Edited by I FLY

that is very encouraging to hear. I would go a little further and let the sponsors know too as well as the organisers in the hope that it trickles down to the participants - let them know the positive impact that non littering has

So all the other litter during all other races were done by adults? *shocking*

btw as kids all we needed was a peanut & jam sandwich to get us through the entire day of BMX'ing.

So all the other litter during all other races were done by adults? *shocking*

btw as kids all we needed was a peanut & jam sandwich to get us through the entire day of BMX'ing.

Maybe that's what they still using and hence the reason there was no empty Gel sachets.