[Event] 2019 KAP sani2c Adventure

Maryann

Event Name: 2019 KAP sani2c Adventure
When: 15 May 2019 - 17 May 2019
Where: Glencairn Farm, Himeville, Underberg, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

3 days of amazing trails though KZN. From the majestic mountains of Sani Pass, Southern Drakensberg to the lapping shores of the warm Indian Ocean at Scottburgh Beach, KZN, South Coast.

Included in entry:
2 race villages with tented accommodation (a four-man tent to share with your partner).
A comfy high density Vitafoam mattress. You will need to bring your sleeping bag and pillow
3 meals a day plus a 24hour chill zone full of yummy goodies enough to pile on all you have just worked off!
Access to all the race facilities and improved permanent facilities i.e. hot showers, bike wash facility, rider chills zones with Clover Vanilla Milks etc.
Professional medical support by Berg Medical is included however you will need travel insurance in case of hospitalisation.
Full logistical support from Super Group who will transport your bag from race village to race village.
2 to 3 water points along the route with lots to eat and drink. We suggest you bring along your preferred bars or drinks. You don’t need to worry about going hungry. These tables are well stocked!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Entered, and training my backside off, I don't want to hate the experience. SO excited about this.

You gonna love it......and then will want to do all the other lekka events in our part of the world: W2W, Swazi Frontier, 3 Towers, Kalahari challenge.......

You gonna love it......and then will want to do all the other lekka events in our part of the world: W2W, Swazi Frontier, 3 Towers, Kalahari challenge.......

That's what I have done  - chose to do Berg&Bush this year as opposed to Sani - not enough leave I tell you!!!

But Sani is an awesome race with great vibe, particularly the Adventure and the Notties beer and gin truck

I was about to search a thread on this. 

I did the Adventure last year with a guy I never met before. We're mates now. It's amazing what happens when you suffer together.

I decided to do this with my wife this year. Told her she HAS to experience that ride. Got her a coach, the works. Don't want to pull into town at 16:55. She has been quite dedicated. She spent 2 hrs on the spinning bike because one of  our kids were a little iffy last night and didn't sleep much and she missed the group ride.

Thinking of checklists. I was looking for a power bank today to charge phones and Garmin's.

Any other weird things one should remember?

Really looking forward to it :thumbup:

I was about to search a thread on this.

I did the Adventure last year with a guy I never met before. We're mates now. It's amazing what happens when you suffer together.

I decided to do this with my wife this year. Told her she HAS to experience that ride. Got her a coach, the works. Don't want to pull into town at 16:55. She has been quite dedicated. She spent 2 hrs on the spinning bike because one of our kids were a little iffy last night and didn't sleep much and she missed the group ride.

Thinking of checklists. I was looking for a power bank today to charge phones and Garmin's.

Any other weird things one should remember?

Really looking forward to it :thumbup:

Power bank, wanted to ask this, do we have power to charge at race villages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power bank, wanted to ask this, do we have power to charge at race villages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember from last year there were charging stations, but it was like trying to buy a burger at the cricket. Lots of people had the same idea at the same time. My mate had a power bank that lasted .

Power bank charging stations do become a dog show so rather take one or two of your own (power banks not charging stations).

Sleeping tablets for first night as a lot of people snoring for the first team and the tents are in very close proximity. Second night in the orchard is not as bad (in my view).

Cash for the bar - if you take enough cash you might not need those sleeping tablets!

Edited by Wet Ears

Also in again for the Adventure this year.

Finished last year with a fractured collarbone, so I have a bit of a score to settle this year.

But cannot wait, it was a great experience!

One thing that I found very handy was the Vacu Bags that I got from Builders Warehouse. Cheap and keeps your clean kit dry and the smelly kit out of the way. 

Entered, and training my backside off, I don't want to hate the experience. SO excited about this.

Same here! We seem to be riding the same spots every weekend and training for the same event!