No 2018 Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Pure Savage

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be nice not to have fried legs from DC, but will have Xmas cake on the hips!!

Not sure which is worse ... :(

Could recover from DC, but the festive season damage is a certainty. :)

Not sure which is worse ... :(

Could recover from DC, but the festive season damage is a certainty. :)

Agree with DC, festive season is the worse ????????????

X Mas cake is not my friend, it sits in the caravan staring at me then boom, 2 cakes GONE!! Ugh, self control is going to be required. Also have  a few weddings as well.

So, it seems that the Tour of Stellenbosch has been moved to the 27th of Jan 2019. Wonder if some of the factors that we mentioned in our article gave rise to this?

Going to be nice not to have fried legs from DC, but will have Xmas cake on the hips!!

Link to article about Die Burger: http://puresavage.co.za/2017/10/road-cycling-in-the-western-cape.html/

no update on their website yet..amateurs!

Event Date

Sunday, 3 December 2017

Always thought this race has the potential to be almost a mini-CTCT if the authorities & organisers showed some ambition and got some road closures for the second largest cycle event in the WC

Clearly this is not going to happen anytime soon

But I guess the new date will attract people preparing for the CTCT, will probably hurt the 99er?

no update on their website yet..amateurs!

Event Date

Sunday, 3 December 2017

Well that is last years date. 

Think the PPA had it in their news letter.

Maybe it was the competition of the other races around Nov that kept them pushing it out and out, resulting in ending up in Dec, at which stage some people might rather want to go on leave than stay for a bike race.

Also if you look on the Pedalpower website, the 2nd of Dec is already booked for the Cyclo sportif #4 (new date)

And doubt they would have the two races on the same day / weekend

How sure are you about this,I phoned them and they say the date is not confirmed yet.will only update their website when the date is confirmed.if they move it to next year it will be glad nice way to get rid off the Christmas lunch and over eating lol

Edited by derickmuller

How sure are you about this,I phoned them and they say the date is not confirmed yet.will only update their website when the date is confirmed.if they move it to next year it will be glad nice way to get rid off the Christmas lunch and over eating lol

Cyclosportif #4 on 2 December is a dead giveaway

Plenty races over that time, 1st it Was Die Burger/OOT same weekend now it's changed to OOT/DC weekend, oh and not forgetting One Tonner/W2W all great races happening over Similar times, now I can see why they moving to Jan

The other rumor relates to the starting point, but lets hope that all gets confirmed soon

Starting at Val de Vie? Wait, are my whatsapp groups discussing non public info?