Brand:

Custom titanium gravel/touring bike

Model:

Acor titanium

Year:

Colour:

Raw titanium

More about the bike:

Custom built touring bike, Acor Plus frames in raw titanium, carbon fork.
Wheels: 650b, front dynamo, tan wall Hutchinson Overide tires
Groupset: Sram Rival 1, cranks Rotor xc
Control tech titanium components, Selle Anatomica saddle, Shimano pedals.
Bikepacking bags attached, Blackburn Outpost Elite and Topeak. A lot of touring stuff inside. Sleeping equipment, tent, clothing, electronics, GoPro session camera, knog lights, wahoo roam computer.
Has reflective orange stickers on fork and seat stays.

Incident details

Date of incident:

18/12/2019

Blesboklaagte 296-Js, Mpumalanga

Incident type:

Bike Jacking / Mugging

Police Station:

Witbank

Case Number:

580/12/2019

More about the incident:

Have been robbed by 3 guys on railway bridge. Police refused to open a case as I'm not local

profile-image
Marse1

Blesboklaagte 296-Js, Mpumalanga

profile-image
Kranswurm

Terrible.Sorry for your loss.Bastards.

19 Dec 2019 05:55

profile-image
DJR

Sorry to hear.

The cops simply MUST accept your complaint and your statement. They have no choice. Insist on it and insist on getting a case number. Whether the lazy arseholes will actually DO something about it is a different matter. 

Perhaps there is a local Hubber somewhere nearby who could help out? From the look of the bike, you must be touring and now without transport and all kind of essentials. 

19 Dec 2019 06:15

profile-image
Wayne pudding Mol

Terrible, really sorry

19 Dec 2019 07:58

profile-image
gummibear

Sorry about the robbery but cops have to open up a case for you.

19 Dec 2019 08:14

profile-image
Shebeen

Sorry to hear.

The cops simply MUST accept your complaint and your statement. They have no choice. Insist on it and insist on getting a case number. Whether the lazy arseholes will actually DO something about it is a different matter.

Perhaps there is a local Hubber somewhere nearby who could help out? From the look of the bike, you must be touring and now without transport and all kind of essentials.

100%

They have to take one. Imagine if that was really the case. A ca number plate car would get broken into immediately!

19 Dec 2019 09:31

profile-image
Long Wheel Base

ARGH, and bystanders just look and carry on with their day. Cops are so freaking useless, just as useless as the b@sturds that robbed you. Hope you get your bike back.

19 Dec 2019 09:49

profile-image
Marse1

Thank you guys. 

Managed to open a case today talking to another officer. 

I started in Maputo last Sunday and had to finish at Namibian coast at new year. Sadly it won't happen

19 Dec 2019 12:48

profile-image
DJR

Thank you guys. 

I started in Maputo last Sunday and had to finish at Namibian coast at new year. Sadly it won't happen

That REALLY sucks. Not just a bike that is gone, but an adventure and a dream! For that I have serious empathy! If you want to get to Cape Town somehow and still have a holiday, I'll lend you one of the DJR bikes to ride! It's old, it's steel, it's got history, has done a few gazillion miles, but it is ready for anything! 

19 Dec 2019 13:35

profile-image
Shebeen

Thank you guys. 

man that really sucks. guess all your touring stuff too so it's not just the bike gone. [edit] opened the actual stolen link - that is a lot of kit gone, damn

had to google where that actually is (Witbank).

Can the hub poilce and especially the locals there please keep a lookout here, pretty sure the thiefs won't sit on this for long - they will want xmas bonus

19 Dec 2019 13:58

profile-image
mazambaan

That is properly *** in so many ways. Sorry man.

19 Dec 2019 16:05

profile-image
Prince Albert Cycles

Any follow up on this ? Keep thinking how terrible this is .

22 Dec 2019 14:35

profile-image
Marse1

Sitting in hotel in this prison-like town with high fences and empty streets. Met a detective who told doing his best. 

Terrible yeah, vacation ruined completely

23 Dec 2019 09:14

profile-image
Long Wheel Base

Sitting in hotel in this prison-like town with high fences and empty streets. Met a detective who told doing his best. 

Terrible yeah, vacation ruined completely

This really sucks. Seriously hope the detective is actually doing something and you get your bike back.

23 Dec 2019 09:24

profile-image
Slowbee

No man okes.

There are enough hubbers to spread the word.

BUT, first we need a pic of the bike.

23 Dec 2019 09:36

profile-image
DJR

This is it

post-17716-0-94739800-1577090980_thumb.jpg

23 Dec 2019 10:50

profile-image
tubed

totally effed up - so sorry for the loss of your dream - things like this take months of planning - at a loss for words right now.......

those 3 guys - I'd find it hard to forgive/ find any remorse

hope you at least get home safely

23 Dec 2019 12:38

profile-image
nonky

i am really really sorry, dude.

unfortunately, south africa has some sh!tty people...it's a great pity that you had to get to meet them on the wrong side of a gun barrel.

this will sound trite but, at the very least, you are OK and uninjured.  You're in a sh!tty hotel but it could easily have been a very sh!tty hospital or worse.

take care and all the best. hope they catch the bastards.

23 Dec 2019 12:45