Brand:

Transition

Model:

Scout Carbon

Year:

Colour:

Blood orange

More about the bike:

[font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Frameset: Scout Carbon (Small Blood [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]orange), [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Fork: Rock Shox Pike RC 140mm. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Handlebar: Kore Mega K1 (760mm x [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]20mm). [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Stem: Kore Repute 35mm stem. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Headset: Cane Creek. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Grips: Kore Icon or similar. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Cassette: SRAM XG 1180 (10-42). [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Right Shifter: SRAM X. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Crankset: SRAM XO 175mm, 32T [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Rear Derailleur: SRAM XO1 Carbon [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Black [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Chain: SRAM PC X. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Brakes: Shimano XT. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Seatpost: KS Lev Integra 125mm. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Wheels: WTB STP i23 27.5 32h Rims / [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]SRAM MTH 716/746 Hubs / Maxxis. [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Minion DHF 27.5x2.3 EXO Dual Front [/size][/font][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=3]Tire. With spare parts: Kore flat pedals. [/size][/font]

Incident details

Date of incident:

22/12/2019

Atholl Gardens, Gauteng

Incident type:

Scam or Fraud

Police Station:

Bramley

Case Number:

CAS283/12/2019

More about the incident:

I advertised my bicycle on Facebook Gauteng Marketplace, received a call and bank deposit proof of payment - which was fraudulent as the money was never deposited into my account. A driver was sent to collect the bicycle - I took a photo of the registration - FS 84 XB GP. I was phoned by the driver and the owner of the vehicle (so they claimed) with jpeg files and was told that they will bring the bicycle back if I pay the delivery fee - they claimed have kept the bicycle because the person who requested the delivery never paid them. I informed them that I will only pay the delivery fee if they bring back the bicycle with an invoice. They then claimed they got an affidavit to pawn the bicycle. Needless to say this was an elaborate scam. Person by the name of Isaac Tigelo used various telephone numbers: 078 999 4538, 078 746-8219, 060 570-7094, 078 872-3400. I suspect "Isaac's" real name is Ntandazo Silekwa - I received a message via Messenger saying he wants to buy the bike for his son and this profile was deleted later. Other telephone numbers of the "drivers" goes by the names of James (063 321 - 2970) and his "boss" Peter (078 829-1387) and 078 166-6277.

profile-image
LizeK

Atholl Gardens, Gauteng

profile-image
Prince Albert Cycles

When are the people going to learn ?

28 Dec 2019 21:31

profile-image
PKM01

This scamming has been there for years now.

1.POP They just use pdf editor to add your details

2.They also use online bulk sms services to send a notification and the number looks like the long numbers from the bank but they is only one way you can verify which is login to your account and check if the money is reflecting into your account simply.

03 Jan 2020 11:45

profile-image
PKM01

What was the outcome with the SAPS regarding the Car registration?

03 Jan 2020 11:47

profile-image
Long Wheel Base

So sorry to hear but TBH, unless you physically see the money in your account when you log in(don't accept an SMS or POP from the buyer) or they pay you cash then the deal is not on. They keep doing this and keep getting away with it because people keep falling for it. There seriously aren't that many oil rigs out there............

03 Jan 2020 13:35

profile-image
barian

My bank has a verification service to check the validity of a proof of payment.  At a minimum the payment should be verified.  But the best policy is that goods are not handed over until money is in hand.

04 Jan 2020 15:36

profile-image
LizeK

What was the outcome with the SAPS regarding the Car registration?

Hi there, nothing.... reported the case, received a phone call, returned the phone call and then never heard from them again. 

17 Mar 2020 15:16