Year:

Colour:

Black

More about the bike:

[list]
[*]Carbon fibre frame
[*]Black and red with white and green Ghost seat
[*]29" wheels
[*]Fox Shock fork (front) with remote lock out.
[/list]
I have a full list of specs of the bike, all but the serial number.

Incident details

Date of incident:

05/12/2019

Greenstone Park, Gauteng

Incident type:

Scam or Fraud

Police Station:

Edenvale

Case Number:

CAS 61/12/2019

More about the incident:

Contact was made by the scammer's wife on Facebook and he sent a driver to pick up the bike. Proof of payment was sent but turned out to be fake.   Buyer:
Name: David M Maloka
Cell No.: +27 81 215 1129  Driver (last known to be in position of the bicycle):
Name: Henry or Raymond (one of the names are fake)
Cell No.: +27 78 125 0518

profile-image
Florie

Greenstone Park, Gauteng

profile-image
Balooba

Sorry bud...school fees was paid. I was also tried but luckily I read the Scam tread here on the hub.

This happened on the 5th of December last year? Why reporting it on here only now? Bike is long gone.

09 Apr 2020 09:35

profile-image
PKM01

Sorry Man all those names are fake the numbers are temporary and no rica on them, the same guy who collect the bike is the same guy who scammed you thats how they do for the transaction to look legit.

PLEASE NOTE THIS DAYS THE MONEY MUST REFLECT IN YOUR ACCOUNT 1ST THATS ALL NO POP OR SMS ACCEPTED.

EVEN COMPANIES THIS DAYS THEY DON'T RELEASE GOODS/ORDER BEFORE THE MONEY REFLECTS.

27 Apr 2020 14:56

profile-image
PKM01

This has been happenning for so many year now they even use to pay with a cancelled cheque long bank when cheques was still active  

27 Apr 2020 14:57

profile-image
Jackie

Florie, please contact me for more information about the scammer. I was also very nearly scammed by him today. Please send me your email address, I'll send you all the info.

06 Aug 2020 17:07