Brand:

Scott

Model:

Spark 970

Year:

Colour:

Black/Yellow

More about the bike:

Bike has a sram GX eagle drivetrain and scott nude x-fusion shock that are not standard. Buff sticker on left fork stantion.
Name stickers: Christo vd Westhuizen and decals with #blackdogracing on crank and frame. Seatpost bottle holder.
Worcester Wheelers club number 052 on handlebar.

Incident details

Date of incident:

12/04/2020

Langerug, Western Cape

Incident type:

Theft from Home / Private Premises

Police Station:

Worcester SAPS

Case Number:

CAS450/4/2020

More about the incident:

Burglary of house - bike taken amongst other items.

profile-image
christovdw

Langerug, Western Cape

profile-image
Prince Albert Cycles

Mens sou dink dat met die lockdown gaan dit nie meer gebeur nie , mense is tuis en die diewe mag nie rondloop nie .

12 Apr 2020 07:59

profile-image
christovdw

Dit sou definitief makliker gewees het..

12 Apr 2020 11:08

profile-image
BenReaper

Net soos enige ander wetgewing steur die diewe hul ook nie aan lockdown nie.

12 Apr 2020 13:31

profile-image
Tienie Maree

dis GLAD nie krieket nie... jammer om te hoor ou maat!  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

12 Apr 2020 14:29

profile-image
christovdw

Dis maar tos. Seker maar tyd v ‘n upgrade. ‍♂

12 Apr 2020 17:37

profile-image
christovdw

Bike has been recovered. 15 Months later ????

23 Jul 2021 18:25

profile-image
Barry

That is awesome hope whomever took it was caught.

23 Jul 2021 19:02

profile-image
MORNE

Read the forum post a week or so ago about this bike…it was in possession of one of these bike traders wasn't it? Share some juicy details will you? Or was that a different one?  Sure looks like the same one. Kom nou man! Vertel!

23 Jul 2021 19:19

profile-image
Bicycle Yard WESTERN CAPE

Please do tell!!! 

23 Jul 2021 20:03

profile-image
MajG

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Read the forum post a week or so ago about this bike…it was in possession of one of these bike traders wasn't it? Share some juicy details will you? Or was that a different one?  Sure looks like the same one. Kom nou man! Vertel!

What forum post on the hub?

These bike traders are real opportunistic bunch

23 Jul 2021 20:26

profile-image
MajG

2 hours ago, christovdw said:

Bike has been recovered. 15 Months later ????

Awesome news buddy

23 Jul 2021 20:26

profile-image
christovdw

On 7/23/2021 at 8:26 PM, MajG said:

What forum post on the hub?

These bike traders are real opportunistic bunch

Post was removed by admin (after discussion) to not alert potential scammers).

28 Jul 2021 08:39

profile-image
christovdw

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest.

Some feedback. I’m not going to go into too much detail. There are some red faces around town after all of this. The parties involved had - in my honest opinion - no knowledge of the fact that the bike was stolen. If anything, it was a naïve buy from a first time buyer initially.  

The parties involved were however very gracious in handling the situation and made all efforts to return the bike in good order.

Some good lessons learnt all round.

Cheers,

Christo

28 Jul 2021 08:55

profile-image
OVERDRIVE

11 hours ago, christovdw said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest.

Some feedback. I’m not going to go into too much detail. There are some red faces around town after all of this. The parties involved had - in my honest opinion - no knowledge of the fact that the bike was stolen. If anything, it was a naïve buy from a first time buyer initially.  

The parties involved were however very gracious in handling the situation and made all efforts to return the bike in good order.

Cheers,

Christo

Christo, send the story to me, Ill dramatize it and repost nobody will know its you. Even I'm hungry for the detail! 

Jokes, happy you got it back mate. 

28 Jul 2021 20:48

profile-image
Rocket-Boy

On 7/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, christovdw said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest.

Cheers,

Christo

Many years ago I had a bike stolen and it was recovered after 4 years of being missing.

I got hold of the police as I still had the case number and the officer wanted me to press charges as the person I had recovered it from was in possesion of stolen goods. It was a long story and I honestly dont believe they stole it.

In the end the person who had it offered to "make good" by getting the bike serviced and replacing anything that was worn etc.

I get where you are coming from though, its not always a simple black and white situation.

29 Jul 2021 12:17

profile-image
christovdw

That it is! 4 years? wow!

29 Jul 2021 19:18