Brand:

Specialized

Model:

Epic Marathon

Year:

Colour:

Black with red decals

More about the bike:

My  Specialized Marathon Epic carbon fibre dual suspension mountain bike, black with red decals, was stolen from behind a locked security gate, in Kirstenhof, Western Cape this morning, as I went inside to fetch my mask, which I had forgotten in the house.   The bike is fairly distinctive, has a black KCNC riser bar, SWAT box, 2 bottle cages, Black Spez Power saddle, KS Lev Integra dropper post, Rockshox SID front fork, with Kashima coating, black silicon grips, rear Ryder cob light, front Ryder Orion 1500 lumens light, Carbon Roval Traverse wheels with white decals.  The bike has a sticker of the Constantia Uitsig Bike Park( Blue and White) on it. Size is Large.  Picture to follow.

Incident details

Date of incident:

06/05/2020

Westlake, Western Cape

Incident type:

Theft from Home / Private Premises

Police Station:

Kirstenhof SAPS

More about the incident:

Theft from behind a locked electronic gate, as I went inside to fetch my mask before early morning ride. Kirstenhof, Western Cape.  Perp seen riding with my red and white Giro helmet on, in direction of Steenberg/Lavender Hill

profile-image
woodrow

Westlake, Western Cape

profile-image
Rags

Sorry to hear about your bike :(

Just interested: did the insurance pay out? I had exactly the same incident; insurance refused to pay out  (it needed to have been locked onto a pole in my backyard, even though it is walled with electric fencing... Shees.. so now looking for new insurers

04 Jun 2020 12:39