Mountain Bike

Brand:

specialized

Model:

Year:

Colour:

black

More about the bike:

My bike was stolen through a scam on gumtree, the guy calls himself Samson (see id attached) he provided POP via sms and email.  Please see pics of my stolen bike.

Incident details

Date of incident:

22/06/2020

Woodstock, Western Cape

Incident type:

Scam or Fraud

Police Station:

Green Point

Case Number:

22/06/2020

More about the incident:

My bike was stolen through a scam on gumtree, the guy calls himself Samson (see id attached) he provided POP via sms and email.  Please see pics of my stolen bike.

profile-image
Big Chain Ring Action

Woodstock, Western Cape

profile-image
fnstemmet

So was I, another friend also same story.  Did you report to Police?

Send me your case number so we can connect these cases - fnstemm@gmail.com

02 Jul 2020 14:02

profile-image
samson99

He tried to buy my bike as well. But didn't appreciate the fact that i wanted the funds to clear in my account before he took the bike. I even offered to deliver it for him. Never heard from him again.

02 Jul 2020 14:17

profile-image
Big Chain Ring Action

So was I, another friend also same story.  Did you report to Police?

Send me your case number so we can connect these cases - fnstemm@gmail.com

will send you an email to the address above

02 Jul 2020 16:48

profile-image
Big Chain Ring Action

He tried to buy my bike as well. But didn't appreciate the fact that i wanted the funds to clear in my account before he took the bike. I even offered to deliver it for him. Never heard from him again.

well done. expensive lesson ive just learnt :-(

02 Jul 2020 16:48

profile-image
NTk

It's common skill mainly used my Nigerians. They send through fake proof of payment and assure you it will clear. They send you a fake proof of payment and request an Uber for pickup.

As long as the payment does not reflect in your account... Don't allow your goods to go. Simply rule

03 Jul 2020 22:39

profile-image
eddy

It's common skill mainly used my Nigerians. They send through fake proof of payment and assure you it will clear. They send you a fake proof of payment and request an Uber for pickup.

Fill a cardboard bike box with all kinds of sh!t, maybe even literally and if you can find one, a snake. Tell him you have packed the bike for easy shipping.

Arrange for his uber to pick it up at "your work" and meet him at some nondescript place.

Go home, put a steak on the fire and have a well earned Buffelsfontein or two.

04 Jul 2020 07:47

profile-image
Zahul_111

The same thing happened to me, except he stole my Canon camera. He assured me he’s a man of God and the money will reflect within an hour. Stupidly, I handed over the  camera to the driver and off it went. Any progress on your end?

23 Jan 2022 12:39