[/list]

Incident details

Date of incident:

04/07/2020

Elfindale, Western Cape

Incident type:

Theft from Vehicle

More about the incident:

my bike was locked to my bike rack and my car was reversed up against the garage door parked behind a wrought iron gate. still need to report it.

profile-image
Roxi

Elfindale, Western Cape

profile-image
MFS

Hi please have a look at Milnerton cash crusaders

26 Oct 2020 17:38

profile-image
MFS

Your bike might be there

26 Oct 2020 17:39

profile-image
MORNE

you are fn kidding me??

26 Oct 2020 17:43

profile-image
MORNE

ca6d9ec6a4102849cc3824e1af5028a7.jpg

Went and saw the bike, informed them it’s stolen. They removed it from the front, I am going to warn people not to buy the stolen goods on our profiles as well.

thats it isnt it?? next to the cannondale 

please get in contact with Pure Savage in that thread:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/186224-stolen-cannondale-supersix-evo-high-mod-2017-cape-town/page-7?do=findComment&comment=3728083

26 Oct 2020 17:44

profile-image
Edereese

Clearly something is wrong with that specific CC!!

26 Oct 2020 17:49

profile-image
MajG

I say investigate the ppl selling these teo bikes to CC, if same guy then we know its a syndicate

26 Oct 2020 18:31

profile-image
Pure Savage

Yes, its your bike, still has the pump on it and the cleats

26 Oct 2020 19:38

profile-image
MORNE

Also messaged this person to no reply. They probably also don't want it back....

27 Oct 2020 11:26

profile-image
shaper

Also messaged this person to no reply. They probably also don't want it back....

Was first reported 4 July, some 3 months ago!  Am sure they have been paid out by insurance and been riding another bike for a while.  Any sentimentality for this bike would have gone long time ago, so would not be surprised if they are not interested

27 Oct 2020 11:31

profile-image
MORNE

Was first reported 4 July, some 3 months ago! Am sure they have been paid out by insurance and been riding another bike for a while. Any sentimentality for this bike would have gone long time ago, so would not be surprised if they are not interested

Sure, but it’s their duty to atleast pass the info on to insurance so the bike can be confiscated. Otherwise the badguys won again.

27 Oct 2020 11:33

profile-image
Pure Savage

I have reached out to her on instagram. She has told her investigating officer. 

I will have the police know as well. 

She does not use the hub much.

27 Oct 2020 11:35

profile-image
Pure Savage

Like me she does have a new bike but would like the case closed

27 Oct 2020 11:36

profile-image
MORNE

Good to know

27 Oct 2020 11:39

profile-image
Edge_Design

Have you tried calling before you attack the OP?

She hasn't been on here since August...

27 Oct 2020 11:44

profile-image
MORNE

Have you tried calling before you attack the OP?

She hasn't been on here since August...

I actually have????, right when the info came to light yesterday.

I did not attack anyone. Don't be so quick to jump on your horse yourself lol.

She just let me know the info was passed on.

27 Oct 2020 11:48

profile-image
Bateleur1

What is the purpose of posting on the hub if your bike was stolen? Is it to warn other people that bikes get stolen in an area?  In that case thank you but most people know that.  I would assume that you want people to be on the lookout for the bike with the small hope of the bike being spotted and the perp maybe getting caught.  Surely it is then a good idea that after you report it here as stolen that you might want to check every now and then and see if someone spotted it.  Or do they tell the investigating officer to keep an eye on the hub?

PS. Not attacking anyone or being sarcastic.  Just really want to know.

27 Oct 2020 11:52

profile-image
Duane_Bosch

100% Agreed.

If the insurance co sends some peeps around to confiscate stock, maybe, just maybe these scum shops will second guess buying stolen goods.

Probably not tho.

27 Oct 2020 11:56

profile-image
shaper

What is the purpose of posting on the hub if your bike was stolen? Is it to warn other people that bikes get stolen in an area?  In that case thank you but most people know that.  I would assume that you want people to be on the lookout for the bike with the small hope of the bike being spotted and the perp maybe getting caught.  Surely it is then a good idea that after you report it here as stolen that you might want to check every now and then and see if someone spotted it.  Or do they tell the investigating officer to keep an eye on the hub?

PS. Not attacking anyone or being sarcastic.  Just really want to know.

In the first few days or week you post in the hope of getting your bike back I guess?

Once insurance has paid out and you have a new bike, you are probably no longer interested and move on, so unless you are a hub regular, you may not be on here again to check, why would you need to unless you did not have insurance, or had big sentimental reason on the bike and really wanted it back

27 Oct 2020 12:04

profile-image
MORNE

Thats part of the reason why these jackings and thefts are skyrocketing imo...they know the complacent middleclass dont even care...they’ll just get a replacement. Vicious circle.

Screw that, i got my crap back because it’s mine.

its a principle thing.????

27 Oct 2020 12:08

profile-image
Edge_Design

I actually have, right when the info came to light yesterday.

I did not attack anyone. Don't be so quick to jump on your horse yourself lol.

She just let me know the info was passed on.

"Also messaged this person to no reply. They probably also don't want it back...."

27 Oct 2020 12:25

profile-image
MORNE

Said in context of the Yeti thread. But whatever narrative you choose to impose on me...I gladly accept. Duck/water/back lol

27 Oct 2020 12:58

profile-image
Pure Savage

I was at the shop now, I could not see the bike.  :thumbdown:

27 Oct 2020 13:04

profile-image
MORNE

I was at the shop now, I could not see the bike. :thumbdown:

Lets hope they just moved it like yours to the back after OP’s investigator/insurance contacted then?

Ps, go update your fred damnit!???? tell us what went down.

27 Oct 2020 13:08

profile-image
Pure Savage

Lets hope they just moved it like yours to the back after OP’s investigator/insurance contacted then?

Ps, go update your fred damnit! tell us what went down.

Its going to need a whole blog, not just a post. Will wait till the bike is out of custody.

27 Oct 2020 13:28

profile-image
DieselnDust

deleted due to error

27 Oct 2020 13:32

profile-image
MORNE

oh darn man....

We haven't a good ol fisty cuffs around here for ages. Was waiting for the #kneegroinuppercutcombo

, that post wasn't in reply to Shaper’s though haha. Anyway....

27 Oct 2020 13:37

profile-image
DieselnDust

Said in context of the Yeti thread. But whatever narrative you choose to impose on me...I gladly accept. Duck/water/back lol

oh darn man....

We haven't a good ol fisty cuffs around here for ages. Was waiting for the #kneegroinuppercutcombo

27 Oct 2020 13:41

profile-image
ChrisF

She might be able to buy it back from her insurnce for less than the price of a 2nd battery ....

27 Oct 2020 16:19

profile-image
Pure Savage

Update: She has gotten the police to confiscate the police. It is also the insurance company property now, but at least there are now 2 less stolen bikes out there. 

Thanks to all the HUB PI's!  :clap:  :clap:

29 Oct 2020 11:48

profile-image
Jewbacca

I'm just picturing everyone here sitting at their keyboards donning a sexy Tom Selleck moustache, or my favourite, a Nick Slaughter ponytail and open hawaiian shirt 

P.I. heaven!

29 Oct 2020 12:20

profile-image
DieselnDust

Just look at how being persistent at doing the right thing realises a better outcome for all. Imagine we could extend this to other facets of society like... Driving

29 Oct 2020 13:11

profile-image
Snaagi

This is crazy...I live in milnerton. Drove past CC , bike was there still yesterday. Couple years back same thing came to light there, was a stolen santa cruz and some core drilling equipment they were selling that had company branding on it.

So ridiculous. Hope you all get case closed and CC takes some responsibility.

29 Oct 2020 13:20

profile-image
MORNE

3 bikes rescued from the skollies before friday. It was a good week.

29 Oct 2020 14:03