Brand:

Yeti

Model:

SB100

Year:

Colour:

Coral Pink

More about the bike:

[url="https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/458607675104671/"]https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/458607675104671/[/url]

Incident details

Date of incident:

07/10/2020

Newlands, Western Cape

Incident type:

Theft from Home / Private Premises

Police Station:

Claremont

More about the incident:

Person jumped over our property wall and took the bike. [attachment=1676766:4681188c-b9e6-4ac9-91f6-38eb3894d737.JPG]

profile-image
WX2

Newlands, Western Cape

profile-image
Vetseun

Massive loss. So sorry!

17 Oct 2020 16:40

profile-image
Kameel

23 Oct 2020 10:35

profile-image
MORNE

Same bike!!!

If you need someone to maybe assist you since i garentee the cops will be useless, give this man a call. He mainly operates in northern suburbs but i’m sure he’d be willing to help. HHe found my bike for me.

Adrian - Green platoon security 0824889767

23 Oct 2020 10:37

profile-image
Darryllk

Onto something there Kameel!

23 Oct 2020 10:39

profile-image
Kameel

Lots of dodgy stuff going on there under that guy's FB listings, yoh..

23 Oct 2020 10:42

profile-image
Bomberman

Same bike!!!

Yea its exactly the same bike....

23 Oct 2020 10:49

profile-image
cadenceblur

R15k WTF

23 Oct 2020 11:02

profile-image
MORNE

R15k WTF

He must have gotten an idea of the value though because thats relatively high. He also knows he cant sell it for R100k. They usually just want to offload them quickly. My bike changed hands for R3k a few times apparently lol. Thats not even the price of the rear hub, or mech.

23 Oct 2020 11:12

profile-image
Kameel

At least he had the decency to include a couch pic...

post-65428-0-64852100-1603444930_thumb.jpg

23 Oct 2020 11:22

profile-image
RobbyB

The couch is a pure give-away! (No pun intended)

23 Oct 2020 13:45

profile-image
MajG

has someone reached out to her willimien, this bike will sell fast then we cant track it

sent the guy a pm, asking to view for my wife- i asked for his number and location

23 Oct 2020 14:24

profile-image
Kameel

I emailed her and then phoned her shortly after posting here. She said she'll check it out - didn't say much more though.

23 Oct 2020 14:28

profile-image
MajG

admin clear this ad - incase they google and this thread comes up and he evades the deal

23 Oct 2020 14:41

profile-image
MORNE

I also texted her all the info. No reply though.

Maybe the insurance already paid out????.....

23 Oct 2020 20:17

profile-image
MajG

Yeah he replied to me now at 7pm sayin bike is available.

Guess insurance sorted her out

23 Oct 2020 20:21

profile-image
Jon0

Know this guy, he used to work at cycle lab west lake, Cape Town.

23 Oct 2020 20:24

profile-image
Maxxis

Oh the plot thickens.

23 Oct 2020 20:27

profile-image
MajG

So he defs knows the worth of the yeti then

But doing it for quick sale for sure

23 Oct 2020 22:08

profile-image
Zebra

Mods, anyway to contact (as in phone...) Willemien?

I would REALLY like to see her/the Police or else that private security guy follow up on THIS one...

Chris

24 Oct 2020 06:56

profile-image
cadenceblur

Bizarre. Let's wait for the OP.

24 Oct 2020 10:25

profile-image
DJaak

Hi guys. If anyone can help with any details regarding this pls pm me. Kindly ask the admin the remove information sensitive to this investigation from this thread. While we massively appreciate the information provided it has become clear that there is a point where this unfortunately helps the culprit evade justice.

24 Oct 2020 12:53

profile-image
Jon0

See the bike has been marked as sold on Facebook ....

24 Oct 2020 16:15

profile-image
Jewbacca

See the bike has been marked as sold on Facebook ....

ja... I tried to meet with him but he said ok cool' and then never responded.

24 Oct 2020 16:21

profile-image
Kameel

Think there might have been a few developments in the background...would be great to know what happened at the end of the day.

24 Oct 2020 18:51

profile-image
Zebra

My interest in this was when I clicked on the provided FB link: it showed I had 1 friend n common, a (trusted) security chap that I did a Facebook marketing course 3 years back, felt like calling him and discussing the seller, but thought better of it.

Just many ‘loose ends’, and with bike thefts going through the roof, this one looked, well solvable/resolvable, maybe...

24 Oct 2020 19:22

profile-image
Alouette3

My interest in this was when I clicked on the provided FB link: it showed I had 1 friend n common, a (trusted) security chap that I did a Facebook marketing course 3 years back, felt like calling him and discussing the seller, but thought better of it.

Just many ‘loose ends’, and with bike thefts going through the roof, this one looked, well solvable/resolvable, maybe...

Also showing 2 friends in common! One a fairly good mate!

24 Oct 2020 19:56

profile-image
MORNE

@ this whole thing..

post-64325-0-75929200-1603599494_thumb.jpeg

25 Oct 2020 06:18

profile-image
Meezo

@ this whole thing..

Haha sames

25 Oct 2020 12:43

profile-image
Skylark

So what happened, what's the point of the op posting their bike is stolen if they don't even respond when the bikehub detectives do their amazing work??!

26 Oct 2020 12:43

profile-image
MajG

So what happened, what's the point of the op posting their bike is stolen if they don't even respond when the bikehub detectives do their amazing work??!

insurance probably paid out already

26 Oct 2020 13:34

profile-image
cadenceblur

This...

Shocking, have the decency of reporting back or remove your post, then again this was posted by a first time poster.

So just here to use the community I guess!

26 Oct 2020 14:17

profile-image
cadenceblur

I'm just as frustrated. I have info on THIS stolen bike but the OP is also a one post wonder. how do you move on this?

Yeah, saw that - definitely the bike in question.

There needs to be a more robust system for BikeHub membership I reckon.

26 Oct 2020 14:23

profile-image
CdT85

Screenshots just taken now. Seems the add was taken off marketplace and he is advertising it on his wall now.

I see I have a have an old colleague that is a common friend with the seller that I can contact to try and find out the seller's address if that will help?

Also curious if one can maybe inform Amazon about their employees dealing in stolen goods?

post-50361-0-92676800-1603715409_thumb.jpg

post-50361-0-77632300-1603715416_thumb.jpg

26 Oct 2020 14:34

profile-image
MORNE

snip

Also curious if one can maybe inform Amazon about their employees dealing in stolen goods?

lets see, i might be. I know some people that know some people. i'll forward the info.

also...why not post it on some of the instagram feeds lol. 

26 Oct 2020 14:51

profile-image
MORNE

so the original owners need to come forward with some info imo.....because if you ask me, someone's life is about to get.....complicated. Especially if they are 'innocent'. I don't know, I might be a pessimist or have zero faith in humanity...but this has some scents of "make my bike go away...i need the claim money"...and then "you can sell it for your part" kind of thing.

Please please please prove me wrong...

26 Oct 2020 14:58

profile-image
CdT85

so the original owners need to come forward with some info imo.....because if you ask me, someone's life is about to get.....complicated. Especially if they are 'innocent'. I don't know, I might be a pessimist or have zero faith in humanity...but this has some scents of "make my bike go away...i need the claim money"...and then "you can sell it for your part" kind of thing.

Please please please prove me wrong...

The OP listed his cellphone number in the listing. Not sure if one should message him about updates on the thread and also so that he can provide feedback about the situation?

Admin?

26 Oct 2020 15:02

profile-image
MORNE

The OP listed his cellphone number in the listing. Not sure if one should message him about updates on the thread and also so that he can provide feedback about the situation?

Admin?

i contacted them when the facebook link was posted just as a curtesy and got no reply... hence my scepticism lol

26 Oct 2020 15:06

profile-image
Jewbacca

Okes, I get that you are trying to do the right thing here BUT it isn't actually our place to force the OP or anyone to do anything.

You have done your due diligence.

It is also not up to admin on this site to do anything unless the stolen bike is being sold ON THIS SITE.

There are legal implications. I love how the same people who want comments are the same people who want everyone to be a member while completely ignoring the fact that 80% of the site users don't even open the forums.

Guys, leave it. Don't get you knickers in a knot over other peoples problems, especially when you are doing so on assumptions.

Morne wanted guys involved and wanted to update us, the OP doesn't. 

I think it's best to respect that. Also, some people don't come here every day, every week or even every month. So their PMs are probably full of unread stuff. It doesn't make them bad people. It just means they probably have other hobbies other than bikes and internetting about bikes.

I dunno. Being mean about people who had their bikes stolen is a bit counter productive

26 Oct 2020 15:51

profile-image
Shebeen

Screenshots just taken now. Seems the add was taken off marketplace and he is advertising it on his wall now.

I see I have a have an old colleague that is a common friend with the seller that I can contact to try and find out the seller's address if that will help?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201026-142209_Facebook.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201026-142512_Facebook.jpg

What's "inner tube wiring" is that some DJ term I don't understand because I don't bmx?

26 Oct 2020 16:02

profile-image
MORNE

Guy

so close though...do they really want it back then? anyway, i guess you are right.

All of this was to help them out...nothing else. Now if they really wanted the help is another question.  I would have immensely appreciated the same sort of detective work from the guys here.

Whats the point then of having a Stolen bikes section on this site? Just take it away then if it has nothing to do with bikehub. There i disagree. The traction something like this gets in just a few hours/days due to a handful of curious hubbers is more than what the police can muster...and if it helps reunite someone with their prized possession, then awesome imo. Look at rhe other one with the Factor bike...also, Savage's bike is also found. This place finds bikes....

OP's, you basically now have two places where this alleged perp is employed. it is easy now. He'snot some moegoe that doesn't exist.

Amazon does thorough back ground checks on ALL their empoyees locally. This has serious implications for his job of 4 years if it indeed turns out to be him/true.

What a waste of opertunities "om sy gat behoortlik toe te steek" imo. I might still though...

Waiting on the OP's

26 Oct 2020 16:05

profile-image
Kameel

Okes, I get that you are trying to do the right thing here BUT it isn't actually our place to force the OP or anyone to do anything.

It is also not up to admin on this site to do anything unless the stolen bike is being sold ON THIS SITE.

There are legal implications. I love how the same people who want comments are the same people who want everyone to be a member while completely ignoring the fact that 80% of the site users don't even open the forums.

Guys, leave it. Don't get you knickers in a knot over other peoples problems, especially when you are doing so on assumptions.

I think it's best to respect that. Also, some people don't come here every day, every week or even every month. So their PMs are probably full of unread stuff. It doesn't make them bad people. It just means they probably have other hobbies other than bikes and internetting about bikes.

I dunno. Being mean about people who had their bikes stolen is a bit counter productive

Yeah I tend to agree with this. I phoned this lady twice on the day the ad was posted. Whether this is a case of dealing with a lack of urgency from OP / lack of updates on the hub by OP / or whether things are actually progressing in the background and OP can't share due to sensitive information, we wouldn't know - and that is what is frustrating me though - not knowing. Plain old curiosity. Aaaand genuinely wanting another skelm to go down.

Either or, I think we've supported and done what we can. From here on it's in OP's hands.

26 Oct 2020 16:23

profile-image
Jewbacca

Guy

so close though...do they really want it back then? anyway, i guess you are right.

All of this was to help them out...nothing else. Now if they really wanted the help is another question.  I would have immensely appreciated the same sort of detective work from the guys here.

Whats the point then of having a Stolen bikes section on this site? Just take it away then if it has nothing to do with bikehub. There i disagree. The traction something like this gets in just a few hours/days due to a handful of curious hubbers is more than what the police can muster...and if it helps reunite someone with their prized possession, then awesome imo. Look at rhe other one with the Factor bike...also, Savage's bike is also found. This place finds bikes....

OP's, you basically now have two places where this alleged perp is employed. it is easy now. He'snot some moegoe that doesn't exist.

Amazon does thorough back ground checks on ALL their empoyees locally. This has serious implications for his job of 4 years if it indeed turns out to be him/true.

What a waste of opertunities "om sy gat behoortlik toe te steek" imo. I might still though...

Waiting on the OP's

I agree, but I just think that posting the ad, the sellers name etc is the community duty.

The rest is up to them.

It certainly isn't up to admin or us to play vigilante. I wear my underpants under my trousers.

We aren't America, waging war on other peoples behalf even if they don't want the 'help'! haha

I just think a few people got a bit carried away with their assessments without actually knowing what is/was happening beyond this thread, which the OP and her husband are purposefully avoiding so as not to be responsible for any incrimination down the line.

26 Oct 2020 16:39

profile-image
MORNE

snip

I just think a few people got a bit carried away with their assessments without actually knowing what is/was happening beyond this thread, which the OP and her husband are purposefully avoiding so as not to be responsible for any incrimination down the line.

and that bit can be either way....hence the scepticism. Anyway, devils advocate and all.

PS...what if you don't do underwear? :ph34r:

Deadpool is a pseudo goodguy too you know.

26 Oct 2020 16:47

profile-image
Wet Ears

Disagree - the OP has wasted a lot of people's time who are/were trying to do the right thing and assist. The OP does have a responsibility and that stemmed from them making this info public and asking a forum (the public) for assistance. 

Smacks of OP saying to insurance, look I tried to find it but no luck! 

26 Oct 2020 17:06

profile-image
Jewbacca

and that bit can be either way....hence the scepticism. Anyway, devils advocate and all.

PS...what if you don't do underwear? :ph34r:

Deadpool is a pseudo goodguy too you know.

ha! But Deadpool doesn't chafe so he CAN go commando with no repercussions! 

Also to Wet ears, I'm not saying all IS above board, I'm just saying that asking admin to make a stand and calling out people is far beyond any relevant 'call of duty'.

I get that tempers are hot and emotions are raw, but bringing it down a notch is probably worth it.

Wet Ears, I hear you, but come on, the hubbers would have found a way to waste said time on this site anyway! hahaha

26 Oct 2020 17:39

profile-image
MORNE

hey!

time spent doing nothing on here is not time wasted!

26 Oct 2020 17:41

profile-image
Hairy

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201026-142209_Facebook.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201026-142512_Facebook.jpg

This post of your should be on the "Classifieds" thread and you should receive a warning for posting such a shocking screen grab from a terrible description in the add ... I mean ... the bike has "12 gears" for goodness sake man ... has this guy no self pride posting that!

please note the font type used.

26 Oct 2020 17:49

profile-image
MORNE

come look at the fun transpiring in the cannodale/Giant Liv threads. perfect example of how hub detectives are awesome haha

26 Oct 2020 17:53

profile-image
Edereese

come look at the fun transpiring in the cannodale/Giant Liv threads. perfect example of how hub detectives are awesome haha

Don’t forget the Factor! 3 bikes found today, let’s hope all gets reunited.

26 Oct 2020 18:33

profile-image
Hairy

link please

26 Oct 2020 19:54

profile-image
Skylark

Guys the op has only made 1 post, so an uber n00b.

Lots of people are clueless as to how forums work and may not even have an idea how to get post notifications.

Though it is weird they aren't following up with those that have made contact but then again if I wanted my bike to remain stolen as some theorize I wouldn't be posting a missing ad on Bikehub so I don't think that would be true.

Maybe those that have made contact just drop the op a link to this thread and ask them to give some feedback or reply, a friendly nudge.

26 Oct 2020 20:23

profile-image
Thomas flux

Howsit guys, I have the bike, managed to track it down over the weekend. Have contacted the owner. If anyone has anyway of letting them know share my message. If I messaged the wrong owner message me here and I'll get in touch

26 Oct 2020 20:29

profile-image
Maxxis

Howsit guys, I have the bike, managed to track it down over the weekend. Have contacted the owner. If anyone has anyway of letting them know share my message. If I messaged the wrong owner message me here and I'll get in touch

How did you get it? More info please.

26 Oct 2020 20:38

profile-image
Skylark

Any news?

Just be careful because you are holding what is stolen property and possession is nine tenths of the law...

27 Oct 2020 17:16

profile-image
MORNE

Did you send it to this number?

Also, Jewey...didnt someone pm you?

post-64325-0-32365100-1603812962_thumb.jpeg

27 Oct 2020 17:37

profile-image
MajG

awesome job!

you got it without paying for it? guy just gave it off? interested to hear this

27 Oct 2020 17:58

profile-image
WX2

Thank everyone. I was quiet because we were trying to work with the police to get bike back and to try and investigate the theft. We are still working with someone, but thanks to Tom’s honestly I have my bike back. This was recovered this afternoon at 17:30.

27 Oct 2020 18:11

profile-image
MORNE

Awesome. Bikehub detectives....(lost count), police 0

27 Oct 2020 18:14

profile-image
Shebeen

Thank everyone. I was quiet because we were trying to work with the police to get bike back and to try and investigate the theft. We are still working with someone, but thanks to Tom’s honestly I have my bike back. This was recovered this afternoon at 17:30.

awesome..

i think people got involved because having a bike stolen is so personal. and we all wish someone else could have helped in this regard

maybe next time you let the bikehub know and they could lock the thread?

27 Oct 2020 18:20

profile-image
MORNE

I actually want to believe the perp might have seen the heat is on and ket it go? We knew where he worked and i was full well ready to ruin his career if he was gonna be funny about it. Anyway...Mr flux will know the story i guess.

27 Oct 2020 18:30

profile-image
Jewbacca

Yeeeow!

That's rad.

I'm glad you got it back

27 Oct 2020 18:48

profile-image
Andreas_187

The hub is full of good news stories today. Well done to those involved

27 Oct 2020 19:40

profile-image
DieselnDust

and now we do the dance of joy :clap:

27 Oct 2020 20:32

profile-image
CdT85

Awesomeness. Glad you got your steed back.

Know from experience the dread of having one stolen.

27 Oct 2020 21:27